#21 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostBlack Nationalist Gul Dukat, on 03 February 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

I think two sectors were lost at some point, at least while I was playing (was in the first sector attack)

I noted those as well, but it was my understanding that attempts to FIRST take those sectors were repulsed by defenders, NOT that we gained THEN last those sectors, Quiaff?

If you recall it differently than this, I shall immediately add an (edit:...) to the appropriate para above.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 03 February 2015 - 07:32 AM.

#22 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

I fought several 228 and Derp 12 mans last night. You guys were up late and out in force. Good fights but I wish they would have saved Tukayyid for a special weekend event like a previous poster mentioned. All weekend fight over the planet with the rest of CW temporarily shutdown would have been pretty awesome.

#23 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

This was a highly over-dramatized, unnecessarily florid description of ghost dropping and then pug stomping in the oceanic timezone. Sorry, just keeping it real.

#24 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 02 February 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

What is the point? I have lost every game VS clans I've played in the last two weeks. The outcome is predetermined, whether it happens this cycle or next, CSJ will take it.

How can you possibly lose every match against the clans? Do you need some Dragon Training? We offer clan training options and low discount prices! Just ask our Davion friends! Dear Coordinator will offer you to cheap cheap clan fighting training classes to the sons of Good Beer and Roast Piggy!

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 03 February 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#25 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

Let us up the Smoke Jags can last more than a couple days...

Bring laser weapons!

;)

#26 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostbobF, on 03 February 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

This was a highly over-dramatized, unnecessarily florid description of ghost dropping and then pug stomping in the oceanic timezone. Sorry, just keeping it real.

Not a single Ghost Drop was executed (PERIOD, FULL STOP.)

#27 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

There was no battle of Tukayyid.

Not in my book. There was a derpy algorithim choosing a random world as faceless as all the other faceless worlds which happened to bear a prominent name.

I salute to all those that had the opportunity to fight on said reknown world. Sincerely.

But there was no campaign. No climatic, drawn-out struggle. No special objectives. No week-long event. No new specific game mode. No strategic decisions. No suspense. No drama. Most of the player base came to know about it via this dedicated, yet plain forum post.

I think I speak for a lot of players when I say this was a huge disappointment.

No jealousy, Jaguars. Seems you won it fair and square. Personally, I do not care which side holds the world. Please don´t take this as trying to steal your thunder. You and the Roflhogs acted as best as you could with the tools given to you. That those tools are pitfully inadequate to represent a ceasura of BT history is not your fault, but PGI´s.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 03 February 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#28 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 03 February 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

Not a single Ghost Drop was executed (PERIOD, FULL STOP.)
I can attest to this for the period of time between the battle for the first zone until that of the ninth zone, for all of which I was present but could not participate due to unplayable ping spikes. There were no Ghost Drops. Pug stomps, surely. But even though were hard fought and not as "stompy" as you might imagine. As far as I could tell based on what little data was available, it appeared to me as though 50% of teams on both sides of the engagement were pugs and 50% were pre-organised teams.

View PostMolossian Dog, on 03 February 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

There was no battle of Tukayyid. Not in my book. There was a derpy algorithim choosing a random world as faceless as all the other faceless worlds which happened to bear a prominent name.

I salute to all those that had the opportunity to fight on said reknown world. Sincerely.

But there was no campaign. No climatic, drawn-out struggle. No special objectives. No new specific game mode. No strategic decisions. No suspense. No drama. Most of the player base came to know about it via this dedicated, yet plain forum post.

I think I speak for a lot of players when I say this was a huge disappointment.

No jealousy, Jaguars. Seems you won it fair and square. Personally, I do not care which side holds the world. Please don´t take this as trying to steal your thunder. You and the Roflhogs acted as best as you could with the tools given to you. That those tools are pitfully inadequate is not your fault, but PGI´s.
I wholeheartedly agree with all the above and I find it to be a fair and well expressed sentiment.

Well done Jaguars. The FRR can only hope that PGI will open Tukayyid for recapture soon before more planets fall around it. While we hold Trondheim dear to us, the algorithm has no idea the significance of Tukayyid and no way of knowing that we would much prefer to continue the fight there instead.

PGI... please. Player-driven planet selection. This is why we need this. We are slave to your RNG - it is time for its reign to end.

Edited by Tarogato, 03 February 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#29 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 03 February 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

...(snip)...I think I speak for a lot of players when I say this was a huge disappointment.

No jealousy, Jaguars. Seems you won it fair and square. Personally, I do not care which side holds the world. Please don´t take this as trying to steal your thunder. You and the Roflhogs acted as best as you could with the tools given to you. That those tools are pitfully inadequate is not your fault, but PGI´s.

An opportunity to improve MWO CW "Launch" has now been identified.

I am fully in favor of (upon Launch) once Tukayyid is reached that there be some form of all-inclusive Clan and Inner Sphere Weekend Challenge involved so as to "as a Community" decide the fates of NOT JUST Tukayyid but also Luthien and Rasalhaugue.

That right there would make for some very exciting Gaming!

And if not taken by the Clans (and blockade not breeched by the Inner Sphere) perhaps at each month's anniversary, a subsequent Challenge could be run until the planet in question is either liberated by the Clans or Relieved by Inner Sphere reinforcements.

I will say that a "Com Guards Package" of the Mauler, Black Knight, as well as a Light and Medium would really have helped balance forces prior to the battle as well as allowing for Com Guard Patterns to be present in-game and on Tukayyid ground.

#30 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostbobF, on 03 February 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

Is that not the Smoke Jaguar way? ;-)

#31 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 02 February 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

What is the point? I have lost every game VS clans I've played in the last two weeks. The outcome is predetermined, whether it happens this cycle or next, CSJ will take it.

wow EMO much

Edited by hybrid black, 03 February 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#32 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostNoesis, on 03 February 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

Congrats on Tukkayid, seems an anti-climactic event somehow.

Maybe Comguard will offer a challenge to the Clans on a different planet seeing as MWO CW is not following lore?

It could have made for an epic weekend competition to determine the battle for Tukkayid with various prizes and diary related cockpit items that could have been presented for such an infamous planet from lore from the Clans perspective.

Please show me the text where its said "CW is going to be a step for step recreation of the lore"....i will wait.

Can't find it? :P Thats because FROM THE START they said they wanted to allow us to REWRITE the history of the IS. There is no weekend tournament for Tukayyid in lore either so i dont see how that is going to be any more accurate to the
story. Never once have i seen them say, we are recreating the 3050 timeline to a tee and gonna let you all be the characters.

WELL DONE CSJ! We now own a pivotal planet in Battletech history and have began the home stretch to Terra!

Seyla!

#33 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

Okay, you claim no ghost drops, but who could you be possibly fighting during that attack phase? The euros were at work, and NA was asleep. Not to mention PGI just handed you the attack lane while GB and Wolf have planets bordering enemy space and we can't get planets right next to other planets to open up.

SJ should just calm down, this non-battle only proved that the attack algorithm remains broken, and that top tier competitive units can definitely stomp pugs in the time zone the least amount of players are playing. Grats I guess?....

#34 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 03 February 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

Is that not the Smoke Jaguar way? ;-)

and im assuming you know from experience? With that lack of faction selected?

ghost drops are part of the mode why is everyone so butt hurt about them all the time? How else do you create a call to arm scenario without them?

Explain that to me....Also explain to me why you think they are there and how you would do it better. I have had maybe a dozen ghost drops since i started playing CW. Everyone acts like they happen WAAAAAY more often then they really do.

It one of those things where everyone knows way more then the servers doing the games and the guys running the company. Adam must be omniscient and all knowing since he knows how we win, who we fight, how many time we ghost drop....etc.

IF you all were not scared to death of the clans maybe we would have better fights....not our fault you cant hang with us. Maybe you should just stay on the IS fronts and fight those easy fights.

#35 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostTarogato, on 03 February 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I can attest to this for the period of time between the battle for the first zone until that of the ninth zone, for all of which I was present but could not participate due to unplayable ping spikes. There were no Ghost Drops. Pug stomps, surely. But even though were hard fought and not as "stompy" as you might imagine. As far as I could tell based on what little data was available, it appeared to me as though 50% of teams on both sides of the engagement were pugs and 50% were pre-organised teams.

I wholeheartedly agree with all the above and I find it to be a fair and well expressed sentiment.

Well done Jaguars. The FRR can only hope that PGI will open Tukayyid for recapture soon before more planets fall around it. While we hold Trondheim dear to us, the algorithm has no idea the significance of Tukayyid and no way of knowing that we would much prefer to continue the fight there instead.

PGI... please. Player-driven planet selection. This is why we need this. We are slave to your RNG - it is time for its reign to end.

Thank you and yes, it was my experience last night that approximately 50% of teams were Soloist/Small Unit while the remainder were 10, 11 and 12-man, TeamSpeak-enabled, Faction and Unit drops.

Good gaming last night, and I too look forward to FRR having a chance to Attack a Clan-held Tukayyid...

...unfortunately, it will be a VASTLY more difficult and "uphill" battle. Last night the FRR defense of Tukayyid was for a time aided by a Steiner 9-man and a Marik 6-man Faction Drop. So very much MORE could have been possible if but for even a day's notice!

I would NOT have the next Battle for Tukayyid decided by basically "stealing a march" in the middle of the North American night... if you see what I am getting at.

But now that Tukayyid has Fallen, it will be up to FRR alone to retake.

I would like to see FRR get contract bonuses and maybe even double XP in order to attract sufficient Mercenary strength to augment RFF Loyalist Units in the upcoming battles for Tukayyid.

Quiaff (READ: Do you agree?)

(sry, jk, could not resist a final and poor attempt at Clan Translation humor!)

#36 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 03 February 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

Please show me the text where its said "CW is going to be a step for step recreation of the lore"....i will wait.

Can't find it? :P Thats because FROM THE START they said they wanted to allow us to REWRITE the history of the IS. There is no weekend tournament for Tukayyid in lore either so i dont see how that is going to be any more accurate to the
story. Never once have i seen them say, we are recreating the 3050 timeline to a tee and gonna let you all be the characters.

WELL DONE CSJ! We now own a pivotal planet in Battletech history and have began the home stretch to Terra!

Seyla!

Thats pretty much what I said in terms of not following lore above but that it could have been nice to have a competition for the benefit of MWO.

I have never been a champion of lore and have argued that MWO uses precidents not accurate re-enactments for MWO so I don't understand where you get this perception from? Maybe you want it to exist so that you have some point to prove when there perhaps isnt one other than confirming something I already said? Bizzare?

Even you seem to want to extole the idea of this being a "pivotal planet" from Battletech history and yet then argue it is seemingly now just another regular planet. Confuzzled?

Why would it be so hard simply to have a competition to help celebrate the battle for this planet as a community event? It would not be preventative of the idea of CSJ attacking it. This why seemingly from an MWO perspective we just treat it like any other planet then, nothing to see here, move on, literally nothing to see here?

#37 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 03 February 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

and im assuming you know from experience? With that lack of faction selected? ghost drops are part of the mode why is everyone so butt hurt about them all the time? How else do you create a call to arm scenario without them? Explain that to me....Also explain to me why you think they are there and how you would do it better. I have had maybe a dozen ghost drops since i started playing CW. Everyone acts like they happen WAAAAAY more often then they really do. It one of those things where everyone knows way more then the servers doing the games and the guys running the company. Adam must be omniscient and all knowing since he knows how we win, who we fight, how many time we ghost drop....etc. IF you all were not scared to death of the clans maybe we would have better fights....not our fault you cant hang with us. Maybe you should just stay on the IS fronts and fight those easy fights.

Wow, all of that from my little jab. Very sensitive today?. :-) Most of your response actually did not hit on the point of a barb was the Jaguars have a habit of being overly dramatic and florid in the way you speak. You only proved my point with your rambling and tangential response. I could careless about how you claimed the planet.

And as to my "lack of a faction", yea that is what happens when your contract runs out and have yet to accept another. Sure it will happen to you one day as well.

Do not get overly sensitive Jaguar.

Edited by AdamBaines, 03 February 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#38 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostbobF, on 03 February 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Okay, you claim no ghost drops, but who could you be possibly fighting during that attack phase? The euros were at work, and NA was asleep. Not to mention PGI just handed you the attack lane while GB and Wolf have planets bordering enemy space and we can't get planets right next to other planets to open up.

SJ should just calm down, this non-battle only proved that the attack algorithm remains broken, and that top tier competitive units can definitely stomp pugs in the time zone the least amount of players are playing. Grats I guess?....

Please refer to post 28 above (as well as post 39 and 40 below), there you will find personal RFF testimonial confirming the battles for Sectors 1 through 9 were ALL contested drops.

I understand your pessimism however and trust this proof satisfies it.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 03 February 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#39 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 03 February 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

Please refer to post 28 above, there you will find personal RFF testimonial confirming the battles for Sectors 1 through 9 were ALL contested drops.

I understand your pessimism however and trust this proof satisfies it.

I was one of the pugs that squared off in the first drop against a Derp 12man. Every drop was contested but there was just no way to hold them back once the rest of SJ found out the planet was up. I dropped half a dozen times and the most organized resistance I observed besides random pugs was a four man who managed to do a whopping 1000dmg between the four of them against a 228 team on sulfur. One of them actually only did 109dmg. How the hell do you only do 109dmg with 4 mechs? Anyways, the que was hovering around 50plus before i went to bed around 4 est so there was a significant amount of resistance just none of it was organized.

Leeroy Mechins was the hero for the IS side. He dropped several times trying to organize resistance against the twelve mans and actually made it where we put up a fight instead of it being a ROFL stomp through his leadership.

Edited by beerandasmoke, 03 February 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#40 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

As a pug, I had the honor of leading 2 drops for the IS on Tuk. We were beaten in both drops, but I unveiled some new pug comless tactics that made both matches very competitive. It was clan leadership that earned those two wins.

Drop 1 ended 34 IS 48 clan. It was competitive up to around a score of 30:35. The first wave of clanners was held at the alpha trench with a score of 12:6. It was the superior speed and coordination of the SJ that allowed their 2nd wave to reenter before defense was solidified. IS pugs fought bravely around the alpha trench the majority of the game.

Drop 2 ended around 22 IS 48 clan. It was actually more competitive and required much more strategy by the clan. After the initial wave was held outside the gate for about 10 min, the attacking reinforcements were cut off at the gate and the IS pugs nearly had the match won. We began slaughtering clanners as they tried to get back to the fight through the alpha gate. They had to open beta, but still lost 2 mechs as they entered beta. A stormcrow, a Timberwolf and a summoner were lost at the gates with only one IS mech as payment. Clan forces had to re-ball up and establish a lrm force at alpha gate. That enabled the less coordinated and slower IS mechs to be lurmed to death as we tried to get back to the fight. At one point, the score was around 16:11 in favor of the IS, with the gates under IS control. It was an impressive comeback by the clanners. Congrats!

I concur that Leroy was a big part of the drops and was in both of my drops if memory serves.

Edited by MechregSurn, 03 February 2015 - 09:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users