Devs You Want To Banish New Players?

204 replies to this topic

#1 Inferno86

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:24 AM

I can explain where is the fun of this game where 90% of a team with crushing victories opponents exploited in normal games, ever lose 20 games in a row being the first in damage With teams retardeds

CW game and is ... EVEN WORSE !! game alone IS mechs and all time in my team 0 premade, and enemy team full premade and Have lost game in min 1,

took two weeks in the game and although I like the game are removing me wanting to play

really difficult match premade vs premade not there to be useless to create the pairings so, in my last game in mixed premades enemy team, in my team 0 premade .... GG UNFAIR GAMES ALL TIME, AND LOST-LOST-LOST -LOST. in games where my team is crushed easily, not to mention the superiority of CLAN vs IS

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

So, you go into the CW queue that doesn't match Elo while also being Solo....then wonder why things are so lopsided?

CW is meant for groups and coordination. Solo players, unless they jump on a TS3 server when asked, shouldn't expect too much.

And please tell me how many robots you can bring to CW? Are you forced to bring one of four, because the rest are terribad? God tier or Garbage tier isn't much of a choice.

#3 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

I can explain where is the fun of this game where 90% of a team with crushing victories opponents exploited in normal games, ever lose 20 games in a row being the first in damage With teams retardeds CW game and is ... EVEN WORSE !! game alone IS mechs and all time in my team 0 premade, and enemy team full premade and Have lost game in min 1, took two weeks in the game and although I like the game are removing me wanting to play really difficult match premade vs premade not there to be useless to create the pairings so, in my last game in mixed premades enemy team, in my team 0 premade .... GG UNFAIR GAMES ALL TIME, AND LOST-LOST-LOST -LOST. in games where my team is crushed easily, not to mention the superiority of CLAN vs IS

Losing PUG games against premades is unbearable? Group up with some friends (it's even possible to make some in game).

Can't stand against clanners? Sell your IS mechs and buy some Clans to stomp around.

Just. Stop. Whining.

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

Synch dropping is at an epic level. Many Innersphere players are clan alts and dont even try and fight.

#5 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

Inferno86, if you are newbie, what you are describing is esactly what happens when a pilot has just started to play MW.

It's not an easy game, but you can increase your skills day by day.

There's a lot of stuff to learn... I realized that when, a week ago, I've tried to explain to a friend how MW works.
Maybe I wasn't aware of that, because I'm in a cockpit for 20 years...

#6 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 04 February 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Inferno86, if you are newbie, what you are describing is esactly what happens when a pilot has just started to play MW.

It's not an easy game, but you can increase your skills day by day.

There's a lot of stuff to learn... I realized that when, a week ago, I've tried to explain to a friend how MW works.
Maybe I wasn't aware of that, because I'm in a cockpit for 20 years...

Not an easy game? Its not that hard....you slap in as much laser vomit as you can, try not to get shot to bits, and unload into the enemy mechs. ITs not really any more difficult then any other shooter game.

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

View PostJohnny Z, on 04 February 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Synch dropping is at an epic level. Many Innersphere players are clan alts and dont even try and fight.

Your tinfoil hat's too tight.

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

MudHut is that you?

#9 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

I understand that you're new, OP, so you probably don't know this, but CW was never really intended to be balanced or fair, so you picked the worst way to introduce yourself to the game. You should stick to using the Play Now button until you're more familiar with the game. You'll probably still lose matches, but at least there's some chance to win those.

#10 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 04 February 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Your tinfoil hat's too tight.

Lol I see the press gang are quick on the attack today. :)

#11 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

Please provide evidence of this. If this is true, you should have no problem what so ever doing so.

My guess is you are attributing bad, uncoordinated players to some kind of tin fioil hat conspiracy.

1) Sync dropping is doable, but not reliably. And is really not worth the time.
2) Sync dropping in CW is easy, but so is grouping up. There is no value now that we have faction groups.
3) lots of folks have alts (both ways), but I have yet to see a SINGLE case of sandbagging by clanners in Is alts (or vice versa). Seeing as there are a LOT more Is players than clan, I am guesing that if your wild accusation were true, it would impact clanners much more heavily.

So without evidence, you are hereby labeled a tin foil hat whiner. Come back with you can back up your vitrol. Please.

#12 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 February 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

So, you go into the CW queue that doesn't match Elo while also being Solo....then wonder why things are so lopsided?

In my opinion, PGI needs to make it abundantly clear to all players that CW is the real deal and not a kiddie pool. I don't think everyone who plays CW realizes that there's no safety mechanism preventing them from dropping in their silly stock mechs against the best players in the game.

I'm talking about in-game warnings / tutorials too. Not the good old "Oh, didn't you read our Command post from october 2014? It's on the forums!"

#13 Inferno86

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

stop justificate this aberrations.

http://imgur.com/x3g...6DS3iVa,HTgcVTs

#14 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostSprouticus, on 04 February 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Please provide evidence of this. If this is true, you should have no problem what so ever doing so.

My guess is you are attributing bad, uncoordinated players to some kind of tin fioil hat conspiracy.

1) Sync dropping is doable, but not reliably. And is really not worth the time.
2) Sync dropping in CW is easy, but so is grouping up. There is no value now that we have faction groups.
3) lots of folks have alts (both ways), but I have yet to see a SINGLE case of sandbagging by clanners in Is alts (or vice versa). Seeing as there are a LOT more Is players than clan, I am guesing that if your wild accusation were true, it would impact clanners much more heavily.

So without evidence, you are hereby labeled a tin foil hat whiner. Come back with you can back up your vitrol. Please.

Oh its true alright, and you need look no further than this topic. If I was off even a bit I wouldnt have had so many interesting trolls so quickly.

Its obvious in game anyway.

#15 Inferno86

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:55 AM

each game, ******* 100% lost in min 1, where is the fun? gives fresh meat to farm to clan premades??

#16 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 04 February 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Not an easy game? Its not that hard....you slap in as much laser vomit as you can, try not to get shot to bits, and unload into the enemy mechs. ITs not really any more difficult then any other shooter game.

disagree. There are a LOT of tactical elements that we take for granted. Something as simple as goruping up is foreign to many new players who are used to FPS's where playing grouped is a bad idea. Here are a few things newbs have to learn.

1) grouping
2) heat management
3) how to torso twist
4) weapons groups
5) DoT vs FLD
6) spread vs PP dmg
7) weapon types
8) hitting T
9) using TT to spread damage
10) ghost heat
11) focused fire
12) hitting open panels
13) JJ mechanics
14) lock on weapons
15) maps.....
16) bottle necks
17) how to rush, why rushes even work
18) target seleciton (most dangerous, most damaged)
19) visual queues for damaged mechs (smoke, limbs missing, etc)
20) hill climb mechanisms

that is 20. I didnt even try hatrd. If you made a real list, it would be hundreds of different tactical elements, and probably a hundred different operaitonal elements in the mechlab (armor placement, hardpoint value, modules, etc)

MWO is not a simple game. Mw has never really been simple. There are lots of people who play it like is is simple. They are really bad players.

#17 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 04 February 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

In my opinion, PGI needs to make it abundantly clear to all players that CW is the real deal and not a kiddie pool. I don't think everyone who plays CW realizes that there's no safety mechanism preventing them from dropping in their silly stock mechs against the best players in the game.

I'm talking about in-game warnings / tutorials too. Not the good old "Oh, didn't you read our Command post from october 2014? It's on the forums!"

I'm actually surprised the OP jumped in to CW right off the bat, but I agree, the UI for CW got injected right up front with nothing that tells someone who doesn't know any better what it is they're getting themselves into. It's not really surprising it would lead to an immensely frustrating introduction to the game.

#18 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 04 February 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

Oh its true alright, and you need look no further than this topic. If I was off even a bit I wouldnt have had so many interesting trolls so quickly.

Its obvious in game anyway.

you realize that this is terirble (and circular) logic, right? That is like truthers saying the media denies any of the conspiracy crap is evidence of the conspiracy.

People telling you that you are wrong is not evidence. How about a screen shot. Or in the case of sync dropping, MULTIPLE screen shots.(since it is 'epic')

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

each game, ******* 100% lost in min 1, where is the fun? gives fresh meat to farm to clan premades??

Join a unit. form your own premade. Get on TS. coordinate. win?

#19 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

Easy fix: stop playing CW. It's not for new players.

#20 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 04 February 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yep, but still...not for everyone, I think.
Above all, not for one that has never played it

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 04 February 2015 - 08:13 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users