#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 04 February 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Lol I see the press gang are quick on the attack today. :)

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I'm pretty sure you're accusing me of something related to synch dropping and covering it up? If so, you're insulting me and displaying your ignorance of who I am (and my embarrassingly voluminous post history). If you knew me at all, you'd know that I would rather lose by honest means than win by dishonest. I play games for fun and challenge. Victory by cheating is meaningless. Also, I have repeatedly publicly made clear that I don't care about CW at all. Game has always mattered more than metagame to me (and I think always will), so I don't even have any incentive to participate in such shenanigans.

#22 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

Holy ****.. he really IS Mudhut.

#23 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

The mm is just bad in mwo.

I get tons of players in my teams that attack an entire team with 1 or 2 mechs, dying instantly.

This way of balancing teams is just terrible. I dont see any advantages in the way the mm mixes teams. At all. It just plain sux.

I want to play with ppl that have roughly played as much as I have and have similar stats or skill. Naturally, it will be hard to match ppl of the exact same caliber. But even an approximation would be 100000 times better than what we have now.

I just dont enjoy playing with ppl that die 1 min into the game in a completly brainless attack that failed as soon as the idea popped into the pilots brain.

After a few years of mwo its just weird to see that kind of gameplay. You wanne play with ppl that play good. Period. I dont care about any other arguments. The mm is the only thing that sux about mwo. Apart from cw which is unplayable for me but I dont care since I enjoy the standard game modes just fine.

But the mm is abysmal. A lot of times I wanne continue playing but get 5 + of those entirely unbalanced or misbalanced - whatever you wanne call it - teams and get too annoyed. The mm is the reason why I sometimes stop playing even though I actually still had fun playing the game.

But not in those completly warped teams.

And it doesnt even matter which side you're on. Even if you win, a 12 : 1 victory is just a waste of time. half the team could have slept or powered down to happily chat about the next got season and the game would have still been 12 : 1.

The teams are often times so insanely unbalanced that they could easily own the other team with half the mechs. Maybe even with only once lance. Some teams are that bad. Even worst than that.

In that regard the mm is a total and complete fail. I would even grade it below zero as it - by itself - is often times the reason I lost the motivation to shoot robots.

It should be reworked from scratch with an entire new and different strategy. Let the community decide how they want the mm and then make that the number one most important priority. Nothing else is as important.

At least thats how I see it.

The rest of mwo - except cw - is a lot of fun. if the teams are at least somewhat balance and you actually have something called 'a real fight' then the game is a blast.

#24 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 04 February 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I'm pretty sure you're accusing me of something related to synch dropping and covering it up? If so, you're insulting me and displaying your ignorance of who I am (and my embarrassingly voluminous post history). If you knew me at all, you'd know that I would rather lose by honest means than win by dishonest. I play games for fun and challenge. Victory by cheating is meaningless. Also, I have repeatedly publicly made clear that I don't care about CW at all. Game has always mattered more than metagame to me (and I think always will), so I don't even have any incentive to participate in such shenanigans.

He is a tin foil hatter, and was accusing anyone who disagrees with him of being 'in on it'.

There is no changing his mind, don't bother trying. Point out the bad logic, hope that some day he learns to think critically, and move on.

the important thing is that someone else will not see his BS and think he is 'onto something'. Guys like this are a virus. You can't kill them easily, but you can prevent the spread of their disease. Or at least limit it.

#25 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostSprouticus, on 04 February 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

He is a tin foil hatter, and was accusing anyone who disagrees with him of being 'in on it'.

There is no changing his mind, don't bother trying. Point out the bad logic, hope that some day he learns to think critically, and move on.

the important thing is that someone else will not see his BS and think he is 'onto something'. Guys like this are a virus. You can't kill them easily, but you can prevent the spread of their disease. Or at least limit it.

Indeed. I was speaking as much to any third party reading this as him.

#26 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

View Postoneda, on 04 February 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

The mm is just bad in mwo.

I get tons of players in my teams that attack an entire team with 1 or 2 mechs, dying instantly.

This way of balancing teams is just terrible. I dont see any advantages in the way the mm mixes teams. At all. It just plain sux.

I want to play with ppl that have roughly played as much as I have and have similar stats or skill. Naturally, it will be hard to match ppl of the exact same caliber. But even an approximation would be 100000 times better than what we have now.

I just dont enjoy playing with ppl that die 1 min into the game in a completly brainless attack that failed as soon as the idea popped into the pilots brain.

After a few years of mwo its just weird to see that kind of gameplay. You wanne play with ppl that play good. Period. I dont care about any other arguments. The mm is the only thing that sux about mwo. Apart from cw which is unplayable for me but I dont care since I enjoy the standard game modes just fine.

But the mm is abysmal. A lot of times I wanne continue playing but get 5 + of those entirely unbalanced or misbalanced - whatever you wanne call it - teams and get too annoyed. The mm is the reason why I sometimes stop playing even though I actually still had fun playing the game.

But not in those completly warped teams.

And it doesnt even matter which side you're on. Even if you win, a 12 : 1 victory is just a waste of time. half the team could have slept or powered down to happily chat about the next got season and the game would have still been 12 : 1.

The teams are often times so insanely unbalanced that they could easily own the other team with half the mechs. Maybe even with only once lance. Some teams are that bad. Even worst than that.

In that regard the mm is a total and complete fail. I would even grade it below zero as it - by itself - is often times the reason I lost the motivation to shoot robots.

It should be reworked from scratch with an entire new and different strategy. Let the community decide how they want the mm and then make that the number one most important priority. Nothing else is as important.

At least thats how I see it.

The rest of mwo - except cw - is a lot of fun. if the teams are at least somewhat balance and you actually have something called 'a real fight' then the game is a blast.

That's why playing in a group / team is a far better solution.

PUGlandia: the land where everyone (from a skilled to a noob) Picks Up a casual Game.

#27 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostSprouticus, on 04 February 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

Nothing like a good laugh in the morning. Its mean to laugh at transparent idiots that think they are smart but I cant help it. LOL :lol:

Oh and if it is one guy on multiple accounts, which is entirely possible, you should stop its not good for you.

Edited by Johnny Z, 04 February 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#28 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

stop justificate this aberrations.

http://imgur.com/x3g...6DS3iVa,HTgcVTs

Abberation????! That's a great result for a PUG group versus a premade! The winning team are all down to their last or next to last mech. I've seen far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse results in CW.

#29 DIrty Crazy Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

The Op is right 97% of all CW games teams Vs pugs its a slaughter the PGI DEVS are too stupid to understand they should have made a 2 mode CW the first a 2v2-12v12 pug MM queue and the second MM queue like it is now.That way if 2 friends want to play CW they could match up against 2 other players or up to 12v12 with all pugs.

But as usual the DEVS are in im a idiot mode and want to drive away all new players with a terrible CW experience and starving them of resources like C.bills and XP or GXP.

And all you owe its ok you will learn to like CW as it is players FU all you want t do is SEAL CLUB new players just like it used to be in solo mm queue.

Edited by DIrty Crazy Harry, 04 February 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#30 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 04 February 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Synch dropping is at an epic level. Many Innersphere players are clan alts and dont even try and fight.

And all those aim bots right? I mean that wave of bannings is coming right? :rolleyes:

#31 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

CW is supposed to be a no whine zone. Don't join in unless you have the stones to handle adversity, hardship and ass whoppin's.

Posted Image

CW is the suck it up, sack it up, shut **** up, stand up and blow it up zone. Don't get involved unless you got your big boy draws on.

#32 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostDIrty Crazy Harry, on 04 February 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

The Op is right 97% of all CW games teams Vs pugs its a slaughter the PGI DEVS are too stupid to understand they should have made a 2 mode CW the first a 2v2-12v12 pug MM queue and the second MM queue like it is now.That way if 2 friends want to play CW they could match up against 2 other players or up to 12v12 with all pugs.

But as usual the DEVS are in im a idiot mode and want to drive away all new players with a terrible CW experience and starving them of resources like C.bills and XP or GXP.

And all you owe its ok you will learn to like CW as it is players FU all you want t do is SEAL CLUB new players just like it used to be in solo mm queue.

Good point. Although I dont mind fighting a 12 man pre made in the least on a full legit public team. Havnt lost a match yet in a fair fight like that. Which is likely the reason there are so many synch droppers.

#33 Zwergonfire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

You can always tell the crazies (not just because they have crazy in there NAME)

They never, EVER use proper punctuation or grammar.
One would think some of them would have started to figure it out by now. Sadly, the Tin Hat Brigade marches on.

#34 Inferno86

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

I am a new player but I'm not stupid, I have more than 1.20KD with my mech mains, I played for two days before the "like a champion" event and I got 50 points in a single weekend and I've played 600 games

simply should not haver much difference between teams and no full game should match vs premade full random, in fact most avoid it, here is a constant

im from spain and im in friend clan, but are 4 members and few times coincide

for last in normal games (no cw) all time have a lot of teams destroyed 12-0 or 12-1, 12-3 and normal time is MY TEAM this (and with me with good scores)

#35 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

I'm not even remotely a new player and I only rarely dip my toes into CW because it is merciless for solo or two man groups (which are the only ways I play). I enjoy it, even when I do it and then immediately realize that I need to go back to the PUG/Group queues because of the Roll Stomp Percentage. Just varies the experience up a bit. But CW is not for even really experienced solo players let alone new players. Bummer? Yes. But it's the reality. If you don't want to get stomped by competitive teams, stay away from CW. If you don't mind an occasional stomp, drop into CW once in a while.

#36 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostZwergonfire, on 04 February 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

You can always tell the crazies (not just because they have crazy in there NAME)

They never, EVER use proper punctuation or grammar.
One would think some of them would have started to figure it out by now. Sadly, the Tin Hat Brigade marches on.

Hey man, its good to see you speaking for the brigade and being honest.

#37 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

stop justificate this aberrations.

http://imgur.com/x3g...6DS3iVa,HTgcVTs

If you weren't aware, both F12 and Print Scr create screenshots...for slightly clearer data.

7 man VS a 2 man and PUGs isn't really a good argument. It's well known there's no Elo matching. You'll get new players against LORDs and 228ths. Alongside and against.

That's CW. If you don't like that, don't play it.

#38 Triskelion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 226 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

I can explain where is the fun of this game where 90% of a team with crushing victories opponents exploited in normal games, ever lose 20 games in a row being the first in damage With teams retardeds

CW game and is ... EVEN WORSE !! game alone IS mechs and all time in my team 0 premade, and enemy team full premade and Have lost game in min 1,

took two weeks in the game and although I like the game are removing me wanting to play

really difficult match premade vs premade not there to be useless to create the pairings so, in my last game in mixed premades enemy team, in my team 0 premade .... GG UNFAIR GAMES ALL TIME, AND LOST-LOST-LOST -LOST. in games where my team is crushed easily, not to mention the superiority of CLAN vs IS

He spent the entire match whining, and then suicided.

Hilarious.

In other news,

DO NOT PLAY CW UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
(This includes accepting that pub drops are going to get rolled without having any organization.)

Edited by Triskelion, 04 February 2015 - 08:55 AM.

#39 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 February 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

So, you go into the CW queue that doesn't match Elo while also being Solo....then wonder why things are so lopsided?

CW is meant for groups and coordination. Solo players, unless they jump on a TS3 server when asked, shouldn't expect too much.

Thank you for making me LOL today :D

There is no coordination in CW there is only one set of tactics for attackers and one set of tactics for defenders per map.... nothing to coordinate... it's no different than pugging.. you do the same damn thing over and over again with absolutely no reason to change tactics. No need to communicate.. even a pug will see within 2 matches how to do it! CW needs random objectives to step it up!

#40 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostBasicInfantry, on 04 February 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Thank you for making me LOL today :D

There is no coordination in CW there is only one set of tactics for attackers and one set of tactics for defenders per map.... nothing to coordinate... it's no different than pugging.. you do the same damn thing over and over again with absolutely no reason to change tactics. No need to communicate.. even a pug will see within 2 matches how to do it! CW needs random objectives to step it up!

Which is why the OP is complaining?

Some people don't even read the chat. Having a certain number of competent players is just a bonus.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users