Attention Jade Falcon Units.

178 replies to this topic

#21 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

Yeah...fun for one day...let's get back on track now.

#22 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

This attack was unwise. While you were wasting your time getting crushed on Dell against an ally that has truly acted as an ally our enemy that pretended to be our ally when it suited them had 84 guys queued up on Dawn against only 36-42 defenders and we lost it quickly.

#23 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

I agree; time wasted.

Hopefully we'll turn this around today and get back on the right track.

Edited by Commander A9, 06 February 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#24 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

To be honest, I disagree with your assessment. Dawn does not do anything to make us a corridor to the Inner Sphere. Dell, unfortunatly is the southern most planet for us to attack.

Either way, from me personnaly I want to thank the Jade Falcon units out there who we fought yesterday. It was fun and a nice change of pace.

Even got the chance to duel a few of you. Thank you Star Captains Jeirhart and Seth of Jade Falcon Prime for the opportunity.

#25 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostVincent V., on 06 February 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

To be honest, I disagree with your assessment. Dawn does not do anything to make us a corridor to the Inner Sphere. Dell, unfortunatly is the southern most planet for us to attack.

Either way, from me personnaly I want to thank the Jade Falcon units out there who we fought yesterday. It was fun and a nice change of pace.

Even got the chance to duel a few of you. Thank you Star Captains Jeirhart and Seth of Jade Falcon Prime for the opportunity.

We will have to agree to disagree then. Any territory lost bothers me and I certainly enjoy taking planets from Ghost Bear more than any single other faction in the game by a long shot.

So, what would Dell have offered in gaining us a corridor to the inner sphere?

As anyone in our faction can attest the way PGI picks our route makes no sense. One window it is a planet to the south; the next it is way in the back field. This means that cutting through either of our allies is going to be a long and drawn out process.

So I put the question to you then: If it is to be a long and meandering path through one of our neighbors to get us back to the Inner Sphere who would you rather do that to?

CJF who has conducted themselves with honor and focused 100% on the push to Terra and made no hostile actions towards us whatsoever? Or the duplicitous Ghost Bears that pretended to also be our allies while attacking us every time we turned our backs?

Edited by Kain Thul, 06 February 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#26 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

Personally I am more interested in attacking the Inner Sphere than fight any of our neighbours. What Dell could have offered us? I do not know, we did not take it. There is however a possibility that if we took Dell, one of the planets further south would have opened up.

What seems to have been the standard thing for the algorythm to do to us when it comes to Clan Ghost Bear is to push us further east, not south. It also seems to have been a neighbouring planet to the one which has been taken, every single time.

I am not disagreeing with you regarding the Jade Falcon at all. This is actually the reason I requested permission to post this topic in the first place to them. Jade Falcon have earned it. As I have said time and again from an official standpoint. It was not something that was taken lightly but who knows. If Dell had been taken, could the algorythm let us have a planet further south? Possibly.

#27 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostVincent V., on 06 February 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

I was actually in a match where you dueled Seth, I saw your request over <all> and said it aloud in coms that you sought a duel. took us about 5 secs after we said alright who wants to take it before Seth said he would. I sadly was on the opposite side of the map so I was unable to observe.

Anyone get a twitch stream of that dual saved?

#28 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

Mh, I saw there was quite a few of you who watched the fight.

I also want to mention that after the duel, the Falcons there did not just outright fire upon me to finish me off... On the contrary, I was left to hump around in my legged 'Mech for a while before a Hellbringer attacked me. I do not remember who that was but I was surprised I survived that as well.

Thank you very much for the fights. All of you!

Edited by Vincent V., 06 February 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#29 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

That's because over TS we discussed who would take you on second.

#30 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

A majority of the time when CW drops against CJF it's not to take a planet, it's to brawl. A few days ago with SWOL we dropped a 12 man over there and were met quite rudely by a 12 man who was insisting that we were trying to take the planet. We just want fights man, it's as simple as that. Enjoy the skirmish, don't look to deep into it and create this huge manifesto that you guys will "take a planet for every one we take." It's quite easy to shuffle people around in community warfare, pugs will move to wherever the easiest place to get a fight is. It's only a few dedicated units that actually focus on taking planets. Most of the casual units just want to fight, no matter where it is.

#31 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

We have a Faction-wi

View PostXSurusX, on 06 February 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

we dropped a 12 man over there and were met quite rudely by a 12 man who was insisting that we were trying to take the planet. We just want fights man, it's as simple as that. Enjoy the skirmish, don't look to deep into it and create this huge manifesto that you guys will "take a planet for every one we take."

Clan Jade Falcon has a faction-wide TeamSpeak available at ts.clanjadefalcon.com with no password. If you wish to engage in a friendly brawl or organize a skirmish, that is where you will find most of us. Attacks out of the blue (or attacks on Dell after this post was made) are seen as aggressive moves to take CJF planets. After Clan Ghost Bear's foray into our space, it has served us well to be prepared and ready for other clans to strike out at us.

TLDR; You want a casual skirmish, let us know and we will be happy to set one up. Throwing a full twelve man at our planet unannounced can only be seen as aggression.

Edited by jeirhart, 06 February 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#32 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

Aimed at the Falcons:

Though I am a lowly warrior of wolf, I would like to apologize for my clansmens actions. I agree fully with Kain. We have no business being on Falcon planets and any attempt to invade would make us no better then the Bears. I will say this now, unless my Khan orders my unit to attack CJF I will not be dropping against you guys. You have been wonderful neighbors and until this idiocy, I imagine you could have been even willing to discuss a planet swap if it would have allowed an IS attack lane for wolf. Now that CWI has stupidly burned that bridge, I totally understand that stance. Honestly I hope we never have to fight and will be rooting for CJF if any other wolf unit decides to be stupid like this.

#33 Tsig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:22 PM

Stay off Jade Flappy planets. You will find no mercy here.

#34 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostTsig, on 06 February 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

Stay off Jade Flappy planets. You will find no mercy here.

I wouldn't expect any less from Clan jade falcon however that being said not having an attack corridor into the IS is quite a significant problem for Clan wolf as pgi's attack algorithm to minimize the forced clan vs clan combat which I know I'm not alone in saying is getting old and would like nothing more but to be able to hit the IS.

#35 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostShaitan Kerensky, on 06 February 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Though I am a lowly warrior of wolf, I would like to apologize for my clansmens actions. I agree fully with Kain. We have no business being on Falcon planets and any attempt to invade would make us no better then the Bears.

It seems to me Trothkin, you have not read the entire topic. At the first post the intention of our incursion into Falcon Space was made very clear as well as explained why we unfortunatly chose to do this. Judging from the answers from official Falcon units, they hold no ill will, fully understood why and offered us to fight for it.

You have been wonderful neighbors and until this idiocy, I imagine you could have been even willing to discuss a planet swap if it would have allowed an IS attack lane for wolf. Now that CWI has stupidly burned that bridge, I totally understand that stance.

As written by JadeTimberwolf on the first page; "We do not trade planets, they fight for them". Have a feeling that is the same sentiment from all Clansmen on that point. I honestly do not believe there was a bridge for that at all.

I do not see how you can say this is idiocy. Jade Falcon units were informed, they said well bargained and done and we fought, had some fun for a bit in an attempt to maybe get the algorythm to select a planet even further south.

Honestly I hope we never have to fight and will be rooting for CJF if any other wolf unit decides to be stupid like this.

I fully agree. I dislike having to fight other Clansmen. However, with that said I have also expressed my joy for facing off against two Falcon Warriors in a proper Duel during our drops there. I doubt there is any bad blood in between Wolf and Jade Falcon at all, specially with the welcome I got when I went over to thank them for the fight.

I dare say you actually enjoyed the fights and the duels.

What would have been stupid would have been to just attack without letting them know. I for one still view them as good neighbours and any honorable Warrior would make their intentions clear.

The big problem here is the algorythm.

Edited by Vincent V., 06 February 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#36 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Clan Wolf envoy declares War on CJF, blames it on algorithm.

Thinks this should be ok and doesn't understand the rightfull defensive reaction from CJF.

But no fear CJF, he couldn't really make the littlest of decisions without his supervisor anyhow. So you would have been safe, its a false alarm. Nothing to see here, we can all go back to sharing bread recipes again. :rolleyes:

#37 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Perhaps you should read the topic Noesis because that is not what I have said whatsoever.

Edited by Vincent V., 06 February 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#38 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostVincent V., on 06 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Perhaps you should read the topic Noesis because that is not what I have said whatsoever.

Do not feed trolls...they have bridges to hide under and are better left to such.

#39 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

View PostVincent V., on 06 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

You declared an attack against CJF. Despite whatever mitigating circumstances you think are relevant to your own cause it is still technically a declaration of war.

But I get the impression at the same time that you haven't really been empowered to be able to do full diplomacy (no decision making powers) so I'm thinking you might be learning on the job at this point?

Edited by Noesis, 06 February 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#40 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

Border skirmishes that I am sure will dissipate once the algorithm offers a better avenue in CGB space.

We hold no ill will towards Wolves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users