#41 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

View Postjeirhart, on 06 February 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Border skirmishes that I am sure will dissipate once the algorithm offers a better avenue in CGB space.

We hold no ill will towards Wolves.

So CJF can be merciful, interesting.

#42 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostNoesis, on 06 February 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

You declared an attack against CJF. Despite whatever mitigating circumstances you think are relevant to your own cause it is still technically a declaration of war.

This is true, indeed I relayed our intentions to Clan Jade Falcon. And yes, this is due to the algorythm. We are trying to get planets further south to attack.

However;

- I never stated, implied that we expected this to be "ok"
- I never implied that we did not expect them to defend. As a matter of fact, we fully understood that as is also written further down.
- I never said this was my decision, nor that it was mine to make. As it is also written in this thread, we wanted to let Jade Falcon units know due to our long-standing good neighbor relations. We felt they deserved to know why we were doing this.... Which also is written in this thread.

View PostNoesis, on 06 February 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

But I get the impression at the same time that you haven't really been empowered to be able to do full diplomacy (no decision making powers) so I'm thinking you might be learning on the job at this point?

Nor have I ever stated that I am there to do full diplomacy. The only thing I have stated is that I requested and was allowed to inform Jade Falcon about our intentions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Vincent V., 06 February 2015 - 07:33 PM.

#43 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

Thankyou for confirming.

#44 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Border skirmishes that I am sure will dissipate once the algorithm offers a better avenue in CGB space.

That is what I expect too. There has not been any trouble between Jade Falcon and Wolves except for one planet switching back and forth once.

#45 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

I mean, who can blame anyone for wanting to have their name on Butte Hold?

#46 Sukotto

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

Due to a desync yesterday, KCom didn't get a chance to say gg after having a battle with CWI on Boreal. Good fight and I look forward to more, but I have to agree with my fellow KCom founder Pat Kell and fellow clansmen in JFP that we will stand against any Wolf Incursion with mirrored efforts.

Vincent V., I like your style and wish that there were more players out there like you with class and respect. I said this to the CWI pilots yesterday in game and I will reiterate it again here: We should be attacking the clan who has been trying to snag planets from every other clan from the start - Ghost Bear.

I saw a few weeks ago when they pushed halfway through your territory in an attempt to get to us and you managed to fight them back, so I know you're more than capable of putting the hurt on them.

Whatever you guys end up doing, fight well! I'm off to collect a few bear rugs to hang in my cockpit ^^

Edited by Sukotto, 06 February 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#47 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

Butte Hold... grip it tight falcons, never let it go!

View PostNoesis, on 06 February 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Thankyou for confirming.

And so now you are here stirring the pot...

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 06 February 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#48 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

Agreed no ill will to be held

View PostNoesis, on 06 February 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

So CJF can be merciful, interesting.

It isn't that we are being merciful, it is that we respect that they were clear with their intentions before making their first drop.

#49 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

Besides, we have a real fight now between Falcons and Wolfpups for Dell! So far its been a battle that exceeds my expectations of fun!

#50 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 06 February 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

And so now you are here stirring the pot...

I think you'll find that it is in fact Wolf you need to be concerned about, they are the ones attacking you. And sending warriors without the ability negociate or represent Wolf interests fully to then declare their intent. I'm pretty sure in terms of honour, not having those responsible for these decisions and those you can properly discuss terms with actually show themselves should also indicate perhaps how little they do indeed respect any "relationship" with you.

Also in essence I guess I felt obliged to help suggest that they are in fact simply trying to mask something other than what it really is. This also magnified by the strategical thinkers behined these things perhaps hiding away and letting someone else deliver the message to you.

However, I guess I should be ill concerned about Wolf's attempts to attack CJF in this way as you have been resolute and pragmatic with your response to them with no illusions other to be clear that you will defend CJF interests.

I meant no dissrespect to CJF with my commentary at all as a result, so I would hope that you can see that motivations being to support CJF interest from Wolf tricks and disrespectful practices.

CJF have lost no honour in this exchange in my eyes as a result, if anything I'm learning how mature and patient with concerns and the bigger strategical thinking for their Clan. Something which is a polar opposite when trying to discuss things with Clan Wolf.

#51 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:03 AM

@ Vincent.

So either I misunderstood the earlier posts or I will stand by my previous statements.

If you were just trying to get some games, I can understand. If CWI is trying to take planets from CJF in an attempt to go south, then I whole heatedly condemn the action as it is the exact same thing as CGB did to us.

Edited by Shaitan Kerensky, 07 February 2015 - 01:03 AM.

#52 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:25 AM

I have seen a few more Clan Wolf units join the fight on Dell than I was expecting based on what I was originally told.

-GK- CGSI CWDG CWI CWTG SWOL UAPL
And of course various pugs.

Hopefully CW continues to explore the CGB option in order to proceed South.

Edited by jeirhart, 07 February 2015 - 01:26 AM.

#53 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:46 AM

It is unfortunate that Clan Wolf did not take the opportunity to capture Memmingen last night. It would have gotten them within two planets of the FRR (not counting Thannhausen right next door). Most of us do not hold any ill will towards the Wolves in their attempt to fight through us to Steiner. Their frustration is completely understandable and we can relate because our own aggravation at the seeming determination of the attack algorithm to drive us west instead of towards Terra. The lore purist in me applauds the straight forwardness of CWI to state what they want and simply fight to take it. The Way of the Clans is might makes right. The planet will go to, or remain with, the stronger Clan. All the diplomacy and politicking going on in these forums just makes me a sad Falcon.

JFP has thoroughly enjoyed our matches on Dell. That said, I would personally prefer Clan Wolf focus on Ghost Bear. They were the ones to cut off Clan Wolf from targets in the Inner Sphere, stubborn algorithm leading into Steiner space notwithstanding. Additionally, they very nearly cut Clan Jade Falcon off from the FRR, and is actively preventing any hope of us having a desirable route through Lyran space. Defending Dell has become a distraction in our attempts to secure our own lanes into the Inner Sphere.

#54 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:21 AM

I understand you, but it seems that the Ghost Bears will only bring us coreward aka north.. We have no desire of keep going over there, even if we could reclaim our last stolen world, Ferris :P

#55 Khan Felix Pryde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWinning, somewhere, but definitely winning

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Not all Falcons are Crusader, contrary to popular belief. Just as not all wolves are warden. The difference is that when it came down to it, every warrior in CJF was willing to put those differences aside and go with the majority. Their first loyalty was to their clan.

Wolf crusaders were more loyal to the crusader concept than to their clan, they were willing to fight and disown their own warden brothers. The strongest clan became weak, they lost sight of the one true Kerensky vision. It is not domination or protecting the weak, it is unifying mankind. They left many on worlds to die, knowing that it was to save the most amount of people. The only way to save the lives of the innocent was to leave the IS.

Regardless of whether your goal is to take terra for glory or for leverage to stop the clan invasion, we must be united or we will be destroyed. Reference was made that MWO CJF is very different from LORE CJF, and to that I say, are we really that different? Are politics a better indicator than unity? Because like the CJF of LORE, we are unified and together we are very strong.

Come, join us, fight for CJF if unity and victory is what you seek. All others beware, for the Falcons talons are very sharp indeed.

Edited by Khan Felix Pryde, 07 February 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#56 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostKhan Felix Pryde, on 07 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Not all Falcons are Crusader, contrary to popular belief. Just as not all wolves are warden. The difference is that when it came down to it, every warrior in CJF was willing to put those differences aside and go with the majority. Their first loyalty was to their clan.

Wolf crusaders were more loyal to the crusader concept than to their clan, they were willing to fight and disown their own warden brothers. The strongest clan became weak, they lost sight of the one true Kerensky vision. It is not domination or protecting the weak, it is unifying mankind. They left many on worlds to die, knowing that it was to save the most amount of people. The only way to save the lives of the innocent was to leave the IS.

Regardless of whether your goal is to take terra for glory or for leverage to stop the clan invasion, we must be united or we will be destroyed. Reference was made that MWO CJF is very different from LORE CJF, and to that I say, are we really that different? Are politics a better indicator than unity? Because like the CJF of LORE, we are unified and together we are very strong.

Come, join us, fight for CJF if unity and victory is what you seek. All others beware, for the Falcons talons are very sharp indeed.

Damn it you are good at propaganda speech.
I expect the same from you in the battlefield!
Jades Falcons are worthy opponents indeed!

#57 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

I would like to express my amusement and joy at seeing the falcons crush the attackers. Once again we have no reason to be there. Keep it up CJF so that my stupid clansmen realize that we are wasting our time, especially since the algorithm might just send us northwest. At least attacking CGB gets us something

#58 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

If the 36-42 people attacking Dell in this ceasefire would have hit outpost instead we would have another planet right now. Instead now this is two straight ceasefires with no gains.

#59 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostShaitan Kerensky, on 07 February 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

I would like to express my amusement and joy at seeing the falcons crush the attackers. Once again we have no reason to be there. Keep it up CJF so that my stupid clansmen realize that we are wasting our time, especially since the algorithm might just send us northwest. At least attacking CGB gets us something

We have a reason to be there. Trying something at least.
Jade Falcons do not mind and are welcoming apparently the attack with all there strenght like they should.
This is getting at least a better goal than crushing some Douchebags who want to make stupid stuff and attack the guy on the other side of the street.

It is better to have a friendly campaign instead of a raging war.
Once we have again an attack corridor against the Inner Sphere, the attack will cease. Everybody will had funs in that campaign and we will be able to both focus our effort in coordination against the same foes.

But apparently, somes Wolf still need to learn that this campaign is much different than the one against theses Mercs.

#60 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

Twice now, you have passed opportunities to take worlds because of the attacks on Dell.

This includes a highly favorable corridor opening through Memingen where (hopefully) you might have been able to quickly make a southern path, and simultaneously remove worlds from the roster of the mercs you so hate.

I would suggest you refocus your efforts. Your first duty is to finding a path south. You know that we will resist you in force on Dell. In three days of heavy fighting, you have not taken it. Even if you should take the world, you would encounter this upon every world thereafter.

The wiser man would avoid this bulwark to find a way around.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 07 February 2015 - 02:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users