760 replies to this topic

#201 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostbobF, on 07 February 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Hybrid is challenging you to an arranged match between your 12 best and the MS 12 best. "Scrim" is short for the english word "scrimmage."

Yeah no, wont happen.

#202 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 07 February 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

I am sure that if I´d use a german slang term you would be as clueless what it means as I am about scrim. Weeste bescheid?

Ick bin ein Berliner ;)

#203 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 07 February 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

I am sure that if I´d use a german slang term you would be as clueless what it means as I am about scrim. Weeste bescheid?

But this is an NA game is it not?
Also being German is a good reason your not impressed, 90% of the top player dont get home from work till your off.

#204 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 07 February 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

But this is an NA game is it not?
Also being German is a good reason your not impressed, 90% of the top player dont get home from work till your off.

We should stop this, its not going anywhere.

Although I think its kind of funny how little you seem interested in actually making your units case here. Kind of proves what people talk about you guys.

Thats kind of what I would like to talk about. If you are not interested in joining the Star League, why do you complain, and if you are interested, why do you ignore the offer to make your case about it?

Edited by Klappspaten, 08 February 2015 - 12:07 AM.

#205 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 08 February 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

We should stop this, its not going anywhere.

Although I think its kind of funny how little you seem interested in actually making your units case here. Kind of proves what people talk about you guys.

Thats kind of what I would like to talk about. If you are not interested in joining the Star League, why do you complain, and if you are interested, why do you ignore the offer to make your case about it?

We were intrested but after we have seen how you handle your self there is no point. But like i told the last guy, good luck your going to need it just to keep people talking to each other

#206 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:27 AM

Congratulations on organizing all this. It's ain't easy task to start, will even harder task to run - but at least we have a hope now. :)

Reinforcement heading to Clan front lines?
Spoiler

bobF, Kerensky had mind of his own on how to rebuild the Star League, he used his brains to do so and the greatest gift he have given to his disciples is to always use it before doing anything - this is why Clans where so rational in everything. He would adjusted his plans to given situation.

Stop following things to the word, smashing your head with holly book leads only to failure. ;)

#207 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

Clan Ghost Bear was the only Clan to realize the vision. I'm jus sayin.

#208 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 07 February 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

Ick bin ein Berliner ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

It would be nice if the IS could come to terms with themselves and be able to do more than talk in terms of reforming the Star League. Though the Dark Born will remain patient for the potential of good objectives to occur with such initiatives.

The Dark Caste in Clan society has been long suffering the oppressive Clan system for decades now. Having to eak out an existence being treated worse than second class citizens and being subjugated to repeated attacks simply by the very prejudice of our existence, yet still being seen as a thing to be swept under the carpet by the Children of Kerensky.

Yet we remain defiant as a necessary evil it seems because the Clan system has no place for certain ideals and anyone who does not completely conform to their militaristic philosophies. Their pursuit to peace with warfare deciding these actions and having this more simplistic Darwanistic approach in their society that simply does not embrace all forms of cultural diversity or really embrace a cultural understanding of the capability of peace. This since their society is now socially engineered around this warlike culture and the inequalities in this society that has become acceptable to them.

Do you realise that they enact military action on some dark caste communities as a way to train their upcoming mechwarriors and will attrition and murder these dark caste communities as a way to train their sibko elements. Yet there is no support or humanitarian effort to assist these rejected parts of Clan society as a result of these actions. No medicines, no food, nothing is received as a result of these actions and no perceived method or rehabilitation or retribution to allow the Dark Caste to re-engage with Clan society. We are left to our own instinct of survival and cunning if then simply wish to stay alive in the Clan society.

The Dark Born have never wanted to have anything other than long term peaceful objectives in returning their culture to an existence of prosperity and peace but we exist in a very dark world of oppression and subjugation at the hands of masters that care little for our welfare, if indeed recognise we even exist at times.

The Dark Born then will continue to do what it has to do in order to survive and we have learnt this is to remain neutral to all concerned politics as we have discovered that power simply leads to corruption and this poisoned chalice in the guise of a militaristic arm only leads to oppression and suffering by those who adopt it as their guiding principles.

I would like to dream of a time when humanity can live in peace and prosperity, both IS and Clan without the need for inglorious mech war machines as being the only way to have any chance at an existence. This however the very essence of what it means to be "human" in 3050. History and the way our culture has been treated however leaves little room for trust that anyone really has a "handle" on what it would truly mean to be a "Star League Defence force". With the original aspirations of supporting humanity to achieve peace, prosperity, abundance of welfare and technology and what once was considered the Zenith of human existence. Even the IS houses having a history of violence with the succession wars all for the pursuit of power.

The Dark Born will then negotiate with any faction or unit that has the determined will and vision of seeing the long term restoration of the values of peace and prosperity for humanity and does not care if this comes from the Clans, IS or other free peoples of the periphery. But the Dark Caste and other oppressed elements do not deserve their current fate in what has now become a corrupted Kerensky's vision as we experience it.

Posted Image

Edited by Noesis, 08 February 2015 - 01:14 AM.

#209 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Posted Image

#210 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

BobF, your transparent loneliness brings a single tear rolling from my eye, down past the heart that beats in sympathy for you, down, down, until it falls into the box full of all the f***s I don't give.

#211 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:04 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 February 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

Seriously?

I pulled you and Tony into another channel and spent 5 minutes explaining exactly why I was getting blown up, and even said the words "I mean, it's up to you if you stay or not...".

Spin it how you want, but you and I both know that we were laughing about the paranoia and Tony seemed satisfied that I'd brief him after the meeting, which I did and everything seemed amiable until I find the shitposting on this page.

Having accidentally butted in on this meeting, I can offer confirmation it happened.

#212 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostValar13, on 08 February 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

BobF, your transparent loneliness brings a single tear rolling from my eye, down past the heart that beats in sympathy for you, down, down, until it falls into the box full of all the f***s I don't give.

I regard posts like these as the online forum warrior equivalent of wanting my autograph, or taking a selfie. My fanbase has never been conventional.

I'd also like to add I was in drop with Bizzle when he switched TS, and can confirm his story is in fact the accurate version of events.

Edited by bobF, 08 February 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#213 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:32 AM

View PostbobF, on 08 February 2015 - 02:17 AM, said:

I regard posts like these as the online forum warrior equivalent of wanting my autograph, or taking a selfie. My fanbase has never been conventional.

I'd also like to add I was in drop with Bizzle when he switched TS, and can confirm his story is in fact the accurate version of events.

I'm glad you have a high opinion of yourself. There needs to be at least one person that likes you, otherwise it's just sad.

Also, you're offering your confirmation because you were in your own TS when he switched over, over mine from hearing the exchange between Roadbeer and your guys? You're the worst kind of troll, that being the kind no one actually finds amusing.

#214 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostValar13, on 08 February 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

You're the worst kind of troll, that being the kind no one actually finds amusing.

If that were so, you would've never asked for the selfie. Yer welcome, lil buckaroo.

But I digress. The bigger news, bigger than people trying to form some kind of special MWO club for bads, is that Outreach is firmly in Merc hands.

The Lore Gods are satisfied.

#215 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:58 AM

And most importantly, it's purple.

#216 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:01 AM

Sorry, guys. Couldn't attend. 12DG was busy closing the CGB frontier in conjunction with SRoT.

I was contacted by members of -TJ- in the middle of the operation.

However, after reading the posts above mine, I'm glad I didn't make it. ;) If you want the 12DG on board, please send a PM with Teamspeak Server IP and pw to me as well as time and date of the next planned meeting.

Edited by Von Falkenstein, 08 February 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#217 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostbobF, on 08 February 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

If that were so, you would've never asked for the selfie. Yer welcome, lil buckaroo.

But I digress. The bigger news, bigger than people trying to form some kind of special MWO club for bads, is that Outreach is firmly in Merc hands.

The Lore Gods are satisfied.

-chest-puffing
-calls everyone not him "bads"
-mad because people want to play a game in a way he doesn't like
-mad because no one wants to play with him
-mad
-doesn't like it when there's a "community" he can't be part of for trying to ruin it, but also can't ruin it
-mad

Edited by Valar13, 08 February 2015 - 03:09 AM.

#218 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:10 AM

What's the big secret that we dont want the clammers to know?

There is nothing in this game that requires operational secrecy...

heck there isnt even any in-game restriction from being in one faction or another...

I say let merc star or anybody else in...

#219 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostMycrus, on 08 February 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

What's the big secret that we dont want the clammers to know?

There is nothing in this game that requires operational secrecy...

heck there isnt even any in-game restriction from being in one faction or another...

I say let merc star or anybody else in...

It's more about respect for alliances than anything. If someone doesn't want to be part of our alliance, including abiding by the rules to which we agreed, why should they be?

Personally, I've wondered all along about the logic of awarding "loyalty" points to groups who don't remain loyal to a faction, or at least a side of the overall conflict, for an appreciable period of time.

#220 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

View PostValar13, on 08 February 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

It's more about respect for alliances than anything. If someone doesn't want to be part of our alliance, including abiding by the rules to which we agreed, why should they be?

Personally, I've wondered all along about the logic of awarding "loyalty" points to groups who don't remain loyal to a faction, or at least a side of the overall conflict, for an appreciable period of time.

Those that pinged roadbeer could have had bad experiences in eve or some other game like that..

i know that there are some in ms that are staunchly clam... these are the bobl types... the fact that they went marik for this week is that there are some that wanted to play their IS mechs... if the bobl types had their way they would never rotate from clams...

we cant control ms in as much as we cant control our pugs... the point is when they rotate to IS we welcome them... when they rotate to clams... we bake them...

Thread has too much drama... mostly because people bought into the bobl bait...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users