83 replies to this topic

#1 Kenthar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

So I finally decided to get my 'Mechs a unified camo pattern and colors.

I already own several colors that I've bought at different times and obviously I can use them on any 'Mech. Even between IS and Clan.

Imagine my surprise though when I bought my first "Unlockable" pattern only to find out that I cannot use it on ANY OTHER CHASSIE. 0_0

I just payed TEN TIMES THE PRICE of a "One Shot" of the same pattern for only THREE CHASSIES.

I don't want my mc back I want an apology and I want this pattern on all of my mechs.

There is no UI explanation of this idiot tax, this is theft, plain and simple.

#2 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

Just message support, tell them you made a mistake, and they'll reimburse you. Likely, they will let you keep that camo too.

but, you did that right? before posting about it to everyone?

Edited by cSand, 06 February 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#3 Kenthar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

I shouldn't have to message support over something that is fundamentally wrong with the game.

#4 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

Yeah that happens to the best of us... In truth that option should probably be named something different and they should add an option to unlock a camo for all mechs (that support it).

I've done it too... even after I read information about it...

I'm glad I enjoy summoners... :|

If no one messaged support about how something is broken then how would it get fixed?

#5 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostKenthar, on 06 February 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

I shouldn't have to message support over something that is fundamentally wrong with the game.

Nobody cares what you should or shouldn't have to do .

I tiold you how to fix the problem, and they will, so message support, do some reading about the game you play, or don't, and shut up about it

Ok? put your big boy boots on a solve your problems

#6 Kenthar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

If only 5% of us who actually realize this is mathematically ridiculous message support they won't even notice this.

Do you own 11 summoners? because you haven't gotten your money's worth until you do.

#7 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

Here, I'll even write it for you:

"Hi support,

I recently bought an unlocked camo thinking it would unlock for all my mechs. I was mistaken and would not have done this ahd I known it only unlocks for 3 chassis. I was wondering if you would refund my MC so I can purchase a single unlock instead. Thank you,
-Kenthar"

Cut and paste into your gmail, and you're off to the races buddy. I have not had my coffee yet.

FTR I do agree, I'd never buy a chassis unlock.

Edited by cSand, 06 February 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#8 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

not so long ago i also posted about this, "i agree" it's basic stealing.
or they need to rename the word "unlockable" or add a popup that explain it's only apply to chassis.

#9 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

It's the same how some things default to MC purchase even when you have enough cBills to buy it. If you're not careful you'll lose a bunch of MC for no reason >.<

I accidentally bought a black paint long ago (equipped the wrong black thinkign it was the PCG one I owned), told PGI I made a mistake, and they refunded me.

let me keep the "mistake" black paint too! :lol:

#10 Kenthar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

PGI will continue to let things like this sit around and slowly drain money from the newbies and less informed if we don't point it out.

Thanks cSand I think it's pretty obvious that I know how to write.

Go to a forum and search for information on "Unlockable" camo? That's a stupid suggestion and you know it.

How many MWO players have thrown actual money away and not bothered messaging support over this?

That might make them a little lazy sure, but it doesn't excuse the obviously unethical nature of 10 times the price for less than the value.

#11 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

Wow - you made a mistake. Just contact support, or get a better job so you don't have to complain over a few bucks. The solution's right there up above, several times.

Edited by Fierostetz, 06 February 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#12 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

Message support and they will refund you. I did the exact same thing last year.

#13 CTsai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Cry moar.

In the mean time, please enjoy this quality piece of entertainment, Remastered

Edited by CTsai, 06 February 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#14 Kenthar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Yeah sure we've all made mistakes but this wasn't my mistake it was me trusting that they would not screw THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY. Is that too much to ask of a company upon who's forum I am now complaining?

If I had accidentally bought something then I'd of just told support and it would be fine.

I intentionally bought something that for all intents and purposes is not viable for 90% of the community and should not even be available for purchase. At least not in its current state.

The ability to switch camo patterns is literally a database switch and costs them nothing to do. -_-

This is money grubbing, PGI.

Edited by Kenthar, 06 February 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#15 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

You're not paying for use on 10 chassis. You're paying for the privilege of being able to switch it back to that camo for free whenever you change it.

Is it a good deal? No. Do some people have a bunch of unlocked camos and switch them regularly? Yes. So PGI keeps it there because some people DO use it.

The rest of us use a one-shot and just never change it.

#16 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

These threads appear far to often. Obviously PGI has to do something with description and name of unlockable camo.

#17 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Kenthar I'm guessing you're new - if you buy the permanent patterns, in 1-2 years it'll make more sense. I get wasted and paint my mechs neon colors with all flamers - and I can switch back without paying again. Think macroscopically and its a more sensible proposition - if you're thinking short-term, then yes the pricing doesn't make sense. Consider the scale.

BRING ON NEON
[WARNING] someone was playing music into their mic and it sounds awful, it goes away after a few seconds.

Edited by Fierostetz, 06 February 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#18 Ronious

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

This is a case of not reading the fine print. Happens to all of us. Happened to me. PGI was good about reimbursing me for my mistake. Like cSand said they let me keep the item that I accidentally bought. Give them a chance to make it right before damning it all to hell.

#19 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

The solution has been presented. The original poster clearly just wants to gripe about the problem, not solve it. Unfortunately for him, we don't agree that it is, strictly speaking, a problem. Additional words will not change this.

Thread over.

#20 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, its a pretty dumb scheme they have for camos, even Planetside 2 moved on from the one shots and infantry/vehicle only camo to global camo usage for a reasonable price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users