Panther And Enforcer In Game Models....thoughts And Opinions?

173 replies to this topic

#41 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:30 AM

PANTHER
Comparison Original TT-Book-Art vs. Concept-Art vs. In-Game-Model:
Posted Image
My opinion:
Concept-Art looks great.
On the final Model, i like how the Cockpit is modeled.
Elbow looks a bit weird (bulky),
The PPC looks not as good as in the concept.
In the Concept, a lot of the Weapons (Cannons, PPC's) tend to be a bit more... pointy.
I thinks thats coolers then the plain tube-like approach of the in game models.
The... whatever it is below the PPC (are that Air-Intakes ?) looks wider then in the Concept art... i like the concept better.

ENFORCER
Posted Image

My opinion:
Concept-Art looks good.
Head looks a bit to Firestarter-ish, imho.
It looks like it's wearing a motorcycle-helmet and not a pretty one. ;)
Autocannon looks BADASS ! ... in the concept.
On the in game model.. not so much.
The Laser-Arm looks to big and bulky, while the AC-Arm looks to small (maybe it's the angle, but i doubt it).
Again, the Cannons in the Concept always look a bit pointy, which i like (it was even the case with the Original Centurion Concept vs. Ingame-Model (the one before they remodeled the arm)).
The feet appear to be a bit wider then in the Concept... :-/

I REALLY hope the arms will get remodeled to look more like the concept.
EDIT:
Would not mind a better looking head, also.
Make the part above the windows a bit bigger, like in the original TT-Art, and see if that looks better.
(But again, this is just my personal opinion.)

About the Camo:
Hm. Lets say i'm not a fan. -_-
The impact scares DO look good, tho.

Edited by Trashhead, 07 February 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#42 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:38 AM

Why do they always use weird angles and strange camos in those preview shots?

#43 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

Panther had a much higher mounted right arm weapon in MW2.....
Now that weapon height matters they mount it much lower:(

#44 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

I REALLY like the Panther, but the Enforcer is kinda Ehhh.

The head of the Enforcer looks a bit Kintaro to me, but uglier :/.

I do like them both overall. Though. Still the Panther seems to be the clear winner in the looks department.

I'll say this though, I think the Enforcer stole the Centurion's arm. If the Enforcer can have an arm like that with dynamic weapons, why not the Centurion?

#45 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:58 AM

Panther looks good, Enforcer not so much imho.

#46 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

But why does everybody want bigger arms, when it would be easier to hit them? :unsure:

#47 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

The Enforcer really did need that hexagonal glass from the concept drawing, it would have made a difference IMO.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 07 February 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

But why does everybody want bigger arms, when it would be easier to hit them? :unsure:

One of the main reasons why the Stormcrow > Nova.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 07 February 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#48 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

Cockpit area and 'mouth' of the enforcer need to be shrunk by about 30% :(
The larger features change it from looking badass like in the concept to looking some some kind of weird insect face with mandibles.

Edited by Axeface, 07 February 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#49 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

The Panther looks good. The Enforcer I really dislike the arms. I wish their look good like the concept art. Hoping the size is good as well. Hoping Hunchback sized Enforcer. Selling the non ® Panthers once I get to 8/8 basic. I am bad at lights.

#50 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

View Postmike29tw, on 07 February 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

Respectfully disagree. The sexiest legs in MWO go to Cicadas.

Agreed.

#51 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

View Postmike29tw, on 07 February 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

I feel that one ballistic hardpoint is a little restricted though. You either put one Gauss with M.lasers, or straight up go the laser vomit route. Maybe one or two PPCs with backup lasers, depending on the quirk it gets.

When you're a medium mech, one ballistic hardpoint with a large ballistic is all you can realistically handle. The Hunchback already knows a thing or two about that (and it's limited to being a Standard engine generally).

Having run the BJ-1DC somewhat recently, I know exactly the potential this mech can have.

#52 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

View Postmike29tw, on 06 February 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Maybe it's the wide angled screenshot, but the Enforcer looks unusually slim compared to Centurion and Hunchback......

XL friendly it seems.

While the shoulders are not as huge, the general arms are pretty victor-esque, too, which should help with the STs, and look to be higher up than most of the ape hanger weapons. Still, it's gonna have to be a mostly in your face mech since ALL it's guns are mid line. As long as it's decently mobile, I think survivability should be good. Effective firepower, well, only time will tell.

Panther's biggest weakness looks like it may be how skinny the arms are. Kind of like the Spider. But without the speed to throw off aim or create lag shield. I am going to have to wonder about it's overall tankiness because of that, but with it's quirks, I plan on being a long range harasser anyhow.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 February 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#53 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostTrashhead, on 07 February 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

PANTHER
Posted Image
My opinion:
Concept-Art looks great.
On the final Model, i like how the Cockpit is modeled.
Elbow looks a bit weird (bulky),
The PPC looks not as good as in the concept.
In the Concept, a lot of the Weapons (Cannons, PPC's) tend to be a bit more... pointy.
I thinks thats coolers then the plain tube-like approach of the in game models.
The... whatever it is below the PPC (are that Air-Intakes ?) looks wider then in the Concept art... i like the concept better.

ENFORCER
Posted Image

My opinion:
Concept-Art looks good.
Head looks a bit to Firestarter-ish, imho.
It looks like it's wearing a motorcycle-helmet and not a pretty one. ;)
Autocannon looks BADASS ! ... in the concept.
On the in game model.. not so much.
The Laser-Arm looks to big and bulky, while the AC-Arm looks to small (maybe it's the angle, but i doubt it).
Again, the Cannons in the Concept always look a bit pointy, which i like (it was even the case with the Original Centurion Concept vs. Ingame-Model (the one before they remodeled the arm)).
The feet appear to be a bit wider then in the Concept... :-/

I REALLY hope the arms will get remodeled to look more like the concept.
EDIT:
Would not mind a better looking head, also.
Make the part above the windows a bit bigger, like in the original TT-Art, and see if that looks better.
(But again, this is just my personal opinion.)

About the Camo:

Heh....I like the bulky barrels more, lol. ANd am hopìng that when the PPCs get the treatment the ACs just did to finally normalize the model size, that it gets even bulkier. Just my preference.

Other than that, I like the downslope to the models shoulder guards more, the overall concept art had too much dramatic upslopes between the torso glacis, the pauldrons and the rear of the head, for my tastes. The head doesn't look quite as overdone at least from this angle, and in general it seems to be slightly less weirdly proportioned than the Concept which just... makes me think of some of the weird over exaggerated Monster Manual art from 4 ed D&D. Just didn't..fit the overall aesthetic his other designs had started, for me.

Do agree about the elbow, would have liked them to revisited something funky like the HBKs elbow style, TBH.

ANyhow.... LOVE the in game model overall.

The ENF...totally agree. Am hoping the other Barrels are longer, as that's a trademark of the ENF look. With the UAC, hoping something like
Posted Image

But I think you nailed it on the head....reduce the cockpit panes a little and make the dome more pronounced. Gonna Play with that in GIMP.

#54 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

Maybe it is just me, but part of me wants to make the Enforcer a predominantly energy mech. I already have Hunchbacks, Centurions, and Shadow Hawks that are all ballistics so I kind if want to do something different.

3 energy in the arm and 2 in the tore see descent. Maybe run a LPLaser with 2MLasrers in the arm and 2MLasrers in the torso. If I can fit an A/C5 in the other arm, that's a bonus.

The energy all favors the left side so it gives a shield side (RH side) especially if you run a STD engine.

Regardless, it will be a fun mech to play.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 February 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

Heh....I like the bulky barrels more, lol. ANd am hopìng that when the PPCs get the treatment the ACs just did to finally normalize the model size, that it gets even bulkier. Just my preference.

Other than that, I like the downslope to the models shoulder guards more, the overall concept art had too much dramatic upslopes between the torso glacis, the pauldrons and the rear of the head, for my tastes. The head doesn't look quite as overdone at least from this angle, and in general it seems to be slightly less weirdly proportioned than the Concept which just... makes me think of some of the weird over exaggerated Monster Manual art from 4 ed D&D. Just didn't..fit the overall aesthetic his other designs had started, for me.

Do agree about the elbow, would have liked them to revisited something funky like the HBKs elbow style, TBH.

ANyhow.... LOVE the in game model overall.

The ENF...totally agree. Am hoping the other Barrels are longer, as that's a trademark of the ENF look. With the UAC, hoping something like
Posted Image

But I think you nailed it on the head....reduce the cockpit panes a little and make the dome more pronounced. Gonna Play with that in GIMP.

Looks like that Enforcer plays football for the University of Michigan Wolverines. Lol.

#55 Artgathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

Panther looks awesome, Enforcer looks like some sort of giant inbred Firestarter (bulging head, tiny arms...)

#56 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostTrashhead, on 07 February 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

About the Camo:

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 07 February 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

I REALLY like the Panther, but the Enforcer is kinda Ehhh.

The head of the Enforcer looks a bit Kintaro to me, but uglier :/.

I do like them both overall. Though. Still the Panther seems to be the clear winner in the looks department.

I'll say this though, I think the Enforcer stole the Centurion's arm. If the Enforcer can have an arm like that with dynamic weapons, why not the Centurion?

View PostPrecentor Martial Jarcaddy, on 07 February 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Panther looks good, Enforcer not so much imho.

View PostAxeface, on 07 February 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

Cockpit area and 'mouth' of the enforcer need to be shrunk by about 30% :(
The larger features change it from looking badass like in the concept to looking some some kind of weird insect face with mandibles.

View PostAxeface, on 07 February 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

I think the panther looks great, no complaints. Enforcer's cockpit needs tweaking imo.

some quick mods to the Enforcer, that I would suggest to the Modelers
Posted Image
for side by side comparo
Posted Image

AC Barrel should reach the bottom of the knee, when the arm is straight. Dome is modified to be more pronounced on the head, and lowered to make it less bug eyed.

Thoughts?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 February 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#57 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 06 February 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

Right now, the "slowest" of the Enforcers from a labrat POV is arguably going to the best variant (assuming things go well with scaling+hitboxes). If it is XL friendly, it will be everywhere. I seriously mean this. It might actually be the best 50 ton variant in the game... but that's just in my mind. I actually believe this will come to fruition (unlike my Vindicator predictions from last year).

Doubt it will have hitboxes equal to the Centurion, which tanks with an XL like a boss, due to monster arms, and it's hardpoints, are, in general, inferior, in part because it cannot use missiles. And they are mounted too low to be "great" PPC Carriers.

Real JJs I think would make it as effective as you hope, but I doubt hoverjets will be sufficient.

#58 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 07 February 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

large arms are why the Centurion and Victor tank better than almost anything in the game. They make XL engines MUCH more viable. It's way better to catch a direwhale alpha on your arm, lose half your firepower, than to catch it on the ST and get your XL cored. Or have to run a STD engine, and barely have any firepower to begin with.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 07 February 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

The Enforcer really did need that hexagonal glass from the concept drawing, it would have made a difference IMO.

One of the main reasons why the Stormcrow > Nova.

The only reason tiny arms work for the Stormcrow is wonky hitboxes and Clan XL. If it was an IS mech, they would be a death sentence.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 07 February 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yes, I can understand that a big gun is cooler, but also it has a bigger hitbox.
I prefer not to be hit in that right arm. Except for the 5P, the enforcer's dakka goes there.

Longer, but still pretty slender. And thus, not an easy target. I never had an issue with my CN9s all these year before the new geometry, with it's big arm. I simply twist.

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 07 February 2015 - 05:48 AM, said:

Panther had a much higher mounted right arm weapon in MW2.....
Now that weapon height matters they mount it much lower:(

Posted Image

"much" higher? They are both at the waist rotation ring.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 07 February 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

Maybe it is just me, but part of me wants to make the Enforcer a predominantly energy mech. I already have Hunchbacks, Centurions, and Shadow Hawks that are all ballistics so I kind if want to do something different.

3 energy in the arm and 2 in the tore see descent. Maybe run a LPLaser with 2MLasrers in the arm and 2MLasrers in the torso. If I can fit an A/C5 in the other arm, that's a bonus.

The energy all favors the left side so it gives a shield side (RH side) especially if you run a STD engine.

Regardless, it will be a fun mech to play.

Looks like that Enforcer plays football for the University of Michigan Wolverines. Lol.

yup

#60 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 February 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

some quick mods to the Enforcer, that I would suggest to the Modelers
Posted Image
for side by side comparo
Posted Image

AC Barrel should reach the bottom of the knee, when the arm is straight. Dome is modified to be more pronounced on the head, and lowered to make it less bug eyed.

Thoughts?

Thats the kind of thing I was thinking yeh, looks much better and more like the concept imho, good job.
The 'mouth thing' should be shrunk down too though.

45 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users