Panther And Enforcer In Game Models....thoughts And Opinions?

173 replies to this topic

#101 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 08 February 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

The Clan Polygon camo isn't horrible, not amazing, but its decent for a 'freebie'.
Polygon wasn't the package camo, just a new regular camo that was offered as a preorder reward.

For the Clan Wave 1, package camo was the Invasion camo - what your Primes are stuck with, and other variants have by default. Yuck.

#102 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostBrody319, on 07 February 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

I don't think so, I think they are broken especially when its running near the speed limit of the game. A slow firestarter or a still firestarter will die incredibly easy, so its not the hitboxes its the speed.

Thats not true. They simply do not register hits. Still or running, no matter. I saw standing still firestarters that resisted to take multiple alphas.

#103 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

Posted Image

#104 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 February 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

I actually really like the Panther, it doesn't look near as odd and gangly as the concept art, at least from that angle.

The Enforcer, especially the head,has a little too much Firestarter DNA, and the arms.... I really wish the weaponry was more impressive looking. In particular, I think the barrels need to be longer, especially on the AC.

You?

They both need bigger guns.
NO MORE WEENY GUNS™

I was hoping the Enforcer would look a little more like the concept art particularly in the head. But I love the Panther, at least at that angle and am totally stoked to try a 2 ERPPC setup on it.

Edited by Mavairo, 08 February 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#105 Hesperos

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

Love the look of the panther but the enforcer needs that ballistic arm beefed up or changed to resemble the concept art more since it looks badass there not so much ingame.

#106 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 08 February 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

Polygon wasn't the package camo, just a new regular camo that was offered as a preorder reward.

For the Clan Wave 1, package camo was the Invasion camo - what your Primes are stuck with, and other variants have by default. Yuck.

The (I) camo is actually decent looking, its got a nice primary color/secondary accent scheme. Sadly the default for the standard variants fits the 'clan minimalist' ideology...but it would've been nice to get that (I) camo on ALL the mechs as the pre-order bonus. -_-

View PostMavairo, on 08 February 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

They both need bigger guns.
NO MORE WEENY GUNS™

I was hoping the Enforcer would look a little more like the concept art particularly in the head. But I love the Panther, at least at that angle and am totally stoked to try a 2 ERPPC setup on it.

That head/face needs to be fixed. The gun isn't horrible in comparison, but we all knew it was coming with how the Vindicator's arm got the universal guns treatment. I could live with a slightly shorter gun barrel on the Enforcer arm in exchange for its head to be fixed.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 08 February 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#107 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:46 AM

Pather looks right on from the screenshot. No complaints there. Not even with Teeny-Gun Syndrome.

The Enforcer however . . . man, that poor thing is all kinds of ****** up. They really screwed the pooch when modelling it. The concept art looked intimidating with that bigass gun, those broad shoulders and that big chest. What we got however . . . it looks like a bobblehead with a tiny ballistic but a ridiculously big laser arm.

Seriously, just wtf happened?

Enforcer when seen from another angle

Spoiler

#108 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

Fixing the Enforcer's face would be first on the wish list.

Other improvements would be nice.

#109 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

Panther looks pretty awesome i have to say, and I am really looking 4ward to this one. I guess I might sell the 9R variant, unless it has some interesting quirks, but i'm really looking 4ward to a PPC/SRM and ER-LL/SRM light, that offers something different to what i have at the moment. I hope it won't be too big. Roughly Firestarter size would be best. I also like the diagonal pattern I have to say.

Enforcer has 2 good arguments going for it 1) XL 250 to be used for the Panther and 2) Another XL 250 to be used for another Panther. Apart from that, I fear that it won't suit my playstyle very much. The 5D is decent. The 4R will be my STD engine variant, but i don't expect too much from it, and the 5P will be crap will be played as pistolero. The looks of it aren't exactly my style either, and I totally love the looks of the Firestarter. It looks like a GP 500 race driver that likes Tecno music...

But I am really hopping for the Grasshopper to be awesome, because I still don't have a single mastered heavy mech in my hangar, cause none of them really suits my needs... And I sooooo wanted to be a Heavy pilot when i started this game ^^

View PostGreenjulius, on 07 February 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

OMG... I just realized that the Panther reminds me of that cheesy first album from Pantera!

Posted Image

LOL. I deny the existence of this album!

Edited by Myke Pantera, 08 February 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#110 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 08 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Panther looks pretty awesome i have to say, and I am really looking 4ward to this one. I guess I might sell the 9R variant, unless it has some interesting quirks, but i'm really looking 4ward to a PPC/SRM and ER-LL/SRM light, that offers something different to what i have at the moment. I hope it won't be too big. Roughly Firestarter size would be best. I also like the diagonal pattern I have to say.

As long as the heat can handle it, it may be better to ditch the SRMs altogether. Can remove the 1 JJ if you'd prefer more armor, but I'd think the added mobility would be worth it.

This doesn't leave room for much else, but could be mean with what it has. Could also be notorious enough that people just aim for the arm. Not sure if +12 structure will mitigate that.

edit: My personal thoughts on the Panther model are mostly positive. I dislike the feet, but that's about it. The rest looks awesome.

Edited by Machinae Mortis, 08 February 2015 - 09:54 AM.

#111 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

I like the lore cockpit better
Posted Image

#112 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 08 February 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

As long as the heat can handle it, it may be better to ditch the SRMs altogether. Can remove the 1 JJ if you'd prefer more armor, but I'd think the added mobility would be worth it.

This doesn't leave room for much else, but could be mean with what it has. Could also be notorious enough that people just aim for the arm. Not sure if +12 structure will mitigate that.

edit: My personal thoughts on the Panther model are mostly positive. I dislike the feet, but that's about it. The rest looks awesome.

Your's is probably more meta and concentrates on the role this mech will have to play more consequently, but I'm actually going for this in my first attempt, and see how it turns out. Ppl will know where to shoot at at this mech, losing the arm leaves you useless. And if you cornerpeek a lot, it is likely that you'll loose the PPC arm early. So plan is to PPC harass early game. SRM vulture harrassing against slow weakened enemies late game. Will i have constant high damage with it? No. But thats also down to the fact that i suck with PPCs. Good mech to learn them I suppose.

#113 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 08 February 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

Your's is probably more meta and concentrates on the role this mech will have to play more consequently, but I'm actually going for this in my first attempt, and see how it turns out. Ppl will know where to shoot at at this mech, losing the arm leaves you useless. And if you cornerpeek a lot, it is likely that you'll loose the PPC arm early. So plan is to PPC harass early game. SRM vulture harrassing against slow weakened enemies late game. Will i have constant high damage with it? No. But thats also down to the fact that i suck with PPCs. Good mech to learn them I suppose.

Yeah, and testing the 2 x ER PPC build shows that it probably can't handle that much heat anyway. Takes a little more than 2 double shots to overheat on Forest Colony.

Might be able to pull 3 shots out with -25% heat, but it's still got heat problems. Terra Therma would be a nightmare. :/

Where's the snub-nose when you need it?

Edited by Machinae Mortis, 08 February 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#114 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 08 February 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Fixing the Enforcer's face would be first on the wish list.

Other improvements would be nice.

As long as they do that, I will be happy with the rest of the mech. Its not exactly like the concept, but close enough if they fix that face...

#115 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

Just rough imaginary theorycrafting at work, but I'm thinking of attempting

ER-PPC
TAG
2x SSRM's

Naturally have the TAG and streaks on the same trigger for warding off lights.

and Enforcer never skips leg day

#116 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 February 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

some quick mods to the Enforcer, that I would suggest to the Modelers
Posted Image
for side by side comparo
Posted Image

AC Barrel should reach the bottom of the knee, when the arm is straight. Dome is modified to be more pronounced on the head, and lowered to make it less bug eyed.

Thoughts?

Look better, but still lacking.... ~something~... .

The head still looks as if it is to far up front.
Also, the Cockpit-WINDOWS should be set back a bit, like in the original TT-Art:
Posted Image
It's not the LOOKS of the Windows in the concept and in game model that i dislike, its how they are sticking out.

The Laser-Arm:
... still looks to big.

The Ballistics's Arm:
While the Arm now looks bigger (= better),
the Barrel vs. Arm Assembly-Ratio is even more off then in the In Game Model.
Picture for Clarification:
Posted Image
I have no idea how the Designers at PGI don't get the Idea their Artist had.
It is brilliant !

On the Panther:
I am fine with the Weeny Gun for one reason.
Which is (BIG HINT FOR PGI INCOMING):
The Gun itself might be the size of what we see currently with the Panther and the Catapult K2.
While the Gun itself COULD be mounted as it is,
OR
within the actual Arm Assembly.

On the Panther, it is mounted outside, so we see the PPC itself.
On the original Catapult K2 we see the PPC WITHIN its arm Assembly (there is armor around it, so it looks bigger and longer)
The Current Catapult K2 shows only the PPC, without the Housing of the Arm Assembly.
As if the techs forgot to mount the Housing after doing maintenance.

Same with the Awesome, btw - i totally expect PGi to either not read what i just wrote, or not to get the point.
We WILL get Awesome's with PPC-Nipples, once they have remodeled the Awesome.

I still like how - in the concept - the PPC is a bit pointy at the end.
makes it look elegant, vs. the blunt "Gun ends HERE - full stop"-version of the in game model.

Personal conclusion:
Given how the brilliance of the Artwork of the Concept artist gets lost during the modeling of the in game models, i will NOT pre order any mechs anymore, until i was able to see the in game model.

Another example - the KingCrab:
In the Concept art it had no extended forehead.
Now it does.
Posted Image
I bought the Resistance package part because of the KingCrab (it was the last "argument" to convince myself to buy it, so what PGI intended worked in my case).
I am not certain if i would, had i seen the In game model first... .

If PGi screws up the UrbanMech as well, no more pre orders from me until i have an in game screenshot of what they modeled.

And chances for that happening are good, given how they listened to the money and now put the Urbie in the game, but how the not listen to the fans (which made this possible in the first place) about what the Urbie actually IS... .

#117 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:15 PM

Do people really want larger arm cannons, bigger hitboxes be damned?

#118 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 08 February 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Yeah, and testing the 2 x ER PPC build shows that it probably can't handle that much heat anyway. Takes a little more than 2 double shots to overheat on Forest Colony.

Might be able to pull 3 shots out with -25% heat, but it's still got heat problems. Terra Therma would be a nightmare. :/

I did some testing with the brilliant Mechwarrior Online Heat Simulator and found that with the quirks, Elite skills and a XL250 without additional DHS, you can fire the 2xERPPC combo FOUR times consecutively without overheat. That's without cooldown factored however. Let me give that a try.

Edit: With the 25% cooldown, you will overheat with the 4th salvo. So just watch your heat and you should do fine.

Edited by Greenjulius, 08 February 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#119 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 08 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

LOL. I deny the existence of this album!

I won't...because it has some great solos from Dime on it. The rest is pretty horrid though, lol

View PostTrashhead, on 08 February 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Look better, but still lacking.... ~something~... .

The head still looks as if it is to far up front.
Also, the Cockpit-WINDOWS should be set back a bit, like in the original TT-Art:
Posted Image
It's not the LOOKS of the Windows in the concept and in game model that i dislike, its how they are sticking out.

The Laser-Arm:
... still looks to big.

The Ballistics's Arm:
While the Arm now looks bigger (= better),
the Barrel vs. Arm Assembly-Ratio is even more off then in the In Game Model.
Picture for Clarification:
Posted Image
I have no idea how the Designers at PGI don't get the Idea their Artist had.
It is brilliant !

On the Panther:
I am fine with the Weeny Gun for one reason.
Which is (BIG HINT FOR PGI INCOMING):
The Gun itself might be the size of what we see currently with the Panther and the Catapult K2.
While the Gun itself COULD be mounted as it is,
OR
within the actual Arm Assembly.

On the Panther, it is mounted outside, so we see the PPC itself.
On the original Catapult K2 we see the PPC WITHIN its arm Assembly (there is armor around it, so it looks bigger and longer)
The Current Catapult K2 shows only the PPC, without the Housing of the Arm Assembly.
As if the techs forgot to mount the Housing after doing maintenance.

Same with the Awesome, btw - i totally expect PGi to either not read what i just wrote, or not to get the point.
We WILL get Awesome's with PPC-Nipples, once they have remodeled the Awesome.

I still like how - in the concept - the PPC is a bit pointy at the end.
makes it look elegant, vs. the blunt "Gun ends HERE - full stop"-version of the in game model.

Personal conclusion:
Given how the brilliance of the Artwork of the Concept artist gets lost during the modeling of the in game models, i will NOT pre order any mechs anymore, until i was able to see the in game model.

Another example - the KingCrab:
In the Concept art it had no extended forehead.
Now it does.
Posted Image
I bought the Resistance package part because of the KingCrab (it was the last "argument" to convince myself to buy it, so what PGI intended worked in my case).
I am not certain if i would, had i seen the In game model first... .

If PGi screws up the UrbanMech as well, no more pre orders from me until i have an in game screenshot of what they modeled.

And chances for that happening are good, given how they listened to the money and now put the Urbie in the game, but how the not listen to the fans (which made this possible in the first place) about what the Urbie actually IS... .

yeah, I did a quick photoshop of some realistic, easy corrections. Because there is no way at this juncture to even remotely hope for the degree of fixes you are asking for.

View PostKevjack, on 08 February 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Do people really want larger arm cannons, bigger hitboxes be damned?

yes. Because that degree of hitbox change makes little difference, and even if it did, large arm hitboxes protect your torso, whether they have guns or not. Better to lose your arm.

#120 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostMachinae Mortis, on 08 February 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Meanwhile, the TDR-9S is still the premiere PPC mech in the game, at the expense of the Awesome, Panther and K2.

Ugh.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users