160 replies to this topic

#121 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

I am currently in HLGK TS if anyone would like to consult on the matter.

I'd like to send a missive within the hour.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 10 February 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#122 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 February 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

I am currently in HLGK TS if anyone would like to consult on the matter.

I'd like to send a missive within the hour.

We're all on houseliaovoice.com murdering Davs for what it's worth :D

#123 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Star league. Where all house factions should be to stop this clanner threat.

#124 ArchangelKenko

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 10 February 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

MWO doesn't support such advanced features.

I beg to differ, given what is evidently going on right now before your eyes.

#125 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

It's good that Capella, Sarna, and Liao are all on the way during our march to carry the fight to the Clans. I especially appreciate that our so called allies on these worlds are so willing to help us sharpen our skills, so we are better prepared for the Clan fight.

#126 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

View Posttorturous, on 10 February 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

Star league. Where all house factions should be to stop this clanner threat.

Davion threat is more important to worry about than clanner threat. It is my pleasure to protect you.

#127 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

View PostShinVector, on 10 February 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

Hey... Don't forgot the Liao loyalist pugs and Liao Loyalist units that don't have a 12man. We helpful fillers.
Also don't forget the reinforcements provided by Merc Units like APOC.

Recently mostly Asian Merc units like SMLJ and 5SSP join Liao. Let see whether more 12mans can be started during oceanic time.

Shin, I have always respected you as a player, you also have a good head on your shoulders. But honestly, if the only thing that challenges you is to fight IS mechs: then you are not being challenged enough. I expect better out of a pilot like yourself. Like myself, Like everyone who reads this. Clan 'mechs are Overpowered. But not knowing how to defeat them means you will never be a master. For a Master has fallen down, had dirt kicked in their face, brusies and broken bones: more times than a NOVICE has tried.

It is said that MERCENARY units move the map; but what most forget is that LOYALIST units have to deal with the results and fall out from said movements. Mercs worth their salt fight against clans, Mercs looking for a rep fight against IS. Those disheartened by fighting Clans should not be in CW. CW is for players who are hardedned by defeat, rewarded for victory, and don't shun themselves when the Cappellan Sword rises above squabbles and reaches out to defend the Inner Sphere like all FREEBIRTH should! But, if you like playing CW in Easy mode: fight Davion, its the easiest fights I've been involved with.

#128 WARCRACK

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

I think that is going a little too far. Shinvector is an excellent pilot, he's got skills that I can admire and respect. Just let him have fun the way he wants to have fun.

That's the problem I see with this whole argument in the first place. How it presumes to impose a state of affairs over players in one faction or another. What's the attraction of going one way or the other? Why not tell us what's in it for us? Those that RP? Those that don't RP? Those here for a good time? That's how you're going to convince this guy and I'm sure many other players more.

#129 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 10 February 2015 - 09:08 PM, said:

Shin, I have always respected you as a player, you also have a good head on your shoulders. But honestly, if the only thing that challenges you is to fight IS mechs: then you are not being challenged enough. I expect better out of a pilot like yourself. Like myself, Like everyone who reads this. Clan 'mechs are Overpowered. But not knowing how to defeat them means you will never be a master. For a Master has fallen down, had dirt kicked in their face, brusies and broken bones: more times than a NOVICE has tried.

Thanks. I believe general plan moving forward is to meet the Clanners on Liao planets liberated from Davion.
The problem with the game mode right now is:
1. Can't select the planets to attack.
2. Defending gets boring as you don't get to see the map progress.
3. There is an odd issue where IS outnumber clanners during the oceanic time zone for some strange reason or there are simply no fights to be fought.

There maybe a need for PGI implement a true nSL feature.
They might one in the works.. Who knows...

Honestly I am not too worried about merc movement because Liao has a strong Euro loyalist unit.
The only thing to worry about is if multiple megamercs moved back to Davion... We would be again completely overwhelmed during the NA time zone. Not sure about the Euro and Oceanic time zone though.

That's my take on this at the moment.
Meanwhile as PGI allows... Let's take this as far as we can before the imminent map reset comes.

View PostWARCOCK, on 10 February 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

I think that is going a little too far. Shinvector is an excellent pilot, he's got skills that I can admire and respect. Just let him have fun the way he wants to have fun.

That's the problem I see with this whole argument in the first place. How it presumes to impose a state of affairs over players in one faction or another. What's the attraction of going one way or the other? Why not tell us what's in it for us? Those that RP? Those that don't RP? Those here for a good time? That's how you're going to convince this guy and I'm sure many other players more.

Nah.. There was no offence taken. I get his point... The however the part I will debate is that organised IS 12-6mans would be extremely hard to beat as well. This is not limited to clans.
The only problem the Davions have is that they simply dropped the ball and have given up CW as far as I can see.

Edited by ShinVector, 10 February 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#130 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

Another thought on this... PGI could do an FRR on the Smoke Jag and allow all IS an attack vector into their territory when the time comes. 2 Years ?

#131 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:38 PM

If anyone is wondering, Shin is my homeboy.

#132 Malavai Fletcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 143 posts
  • LocationErrrrr....C3?

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:03 AM

I absolutely appreciate the solo and small groups that play as well,my bad for not mentioning them.I really appreciate the fact alot of these guys also jump on comms with us to make things run alot smoother.

Seems to me these small groups and solo's are doing a hell of alot more for Liao than any amount of talk that is happening.

#133 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:59 AM

From a roleplaying point of view:

Receiving former capellan planets/systems through diplomacy is nothing new to Liao. Andurien was returned to Liao when the Confederation joined the original Star League (though unlike now, the Confederation was in a sort of weakness back then).

From a gameplay point of view:

I'm more into fights against other players instead of turrets. If the algorithm makes Capella attackable, I want to fight for it. The ceremonial part can be later written into a story, but the fight for the planet itself needs to be real.

#134 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

View PostShinVector, on 10 February 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

Nah.. There was no offence taken. I get his point... The however the part I will debate is that organised IS 12-6mans would be extremely hard to beat as well. This is not limited to clans.
The only problem the Davions have is that they simply dropped the ball and have given up CW as far as I can see.

I have old history with both of you, I hope you understand I don't attack my comrades.

#135 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:56 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 10 February 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

It's foolish to take anything off the board. I want good fights. I also want Liao planets, especially the prestige ones back. That means that if we can negotiate some kind of deal, we should listen. To just say "diplomacy is for poopy-heads" is silly. At the end of the day, what I want is a strong House Liao. If that means punching someone in the face, I'm for it. If it means a knife in the back, I'm for it. If it means drinks at the bar, I'm for it.

With Faith on this. I only want a strong House Liao able to protect her people and world. I also want some old worlds back, Capella, Liao and Tsingtao come to mind (I want to drink Tsingtao in RL when I am on the said planet...)

Also, want to tip my hat off to Faith (and others) for battling to organise the Pugs. Been on a few CW drops where I see Faith (and a few other Liao) and it is great to see someone organising but I also feel the rage, anger and exasperation when the Pugs either stop attacking or do something dumb like an assault in the front suddenly backing out and walking backward into the other lances behind them...

:wacko:

Yup. Shin has been wrecking mechs all the time that I have dropped with him.

#136 Ajcho Delacroix

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 6 posts
  • Locationsomewhere nice

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 10 February 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

Maskirovka reminds you that anyone not on a permanent LIAO contract giving you advice are probably the wrong ones to take advice from. This Kurita agitator is a perfect example.

I would like to make everyone happy, but that's not going to happen with the amount of haters on this forum in general so we're just going to go with the guys that are already signed on. No harm, no foul. And don't worry - if Davion attacks, we'll be right there to push them back.

That said, we are presently in talks with Davion units regarding the relinquishment of the Capitol worlds.

We might organize some sort of an event to turn a lot of them over.

Would you guys feel like you were being represented if you could:

A) Drop against Davion units in an semi-organized way so that both sides would enjoy quick drop times, rather than 40 minute wait snorefests? Or would you rather Davion units withdraw and allow the worlds to be taken by ghost drops?

B ) Regain the Capitol worlds quicker than current queues allow?

Look guys, I'm trying...help me out.

Look, what I want is to fight on our terms. What I mean by that, if we can defend a Kurita/Steiner/Raselhague world from clans I will happily do so. But in the european timezone there is more than enough defenders on those planets, leaving me no choice but to attack Davion if I want to play.

View PostMalavai Fletcher, on 10 February 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Why would we want the planets just handed back to us?

When we can just walk in and take them.

Like we have been doing.

Thank goodness TCAF and GS are fighting for Liao.

Most of the time Davion defense in the european timezone is unorganized and easily overcome. Therefore we - european players (hoping I don't assume wrong) - don't need anything right now to slowly take back what belonged to Liao before. So I am with Malavai on this one, however this maybe different in other timezones.

Personally, I like that you try to reach out to the more proactive CW players. What I wonder though, what happens if theoretically the Clans are beaten forever. Do you still want all CW to end?

as always,
Ajcho

Edited by Ajcho Delacroix, 11 February 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#137 Sickening Spying Scheming Eunuch

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGolden Skulls

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Very well, I guess all Liao loyalists are fine with the idea of meeting another Star League factions on a clan front after taking back what it ours (including Capella, Sarna institute and Liao). Some planets will be lost, some planets will be captured, that's the way it is. That's not the highest price when you face an outer threat. Lets see:
-Rasalhauge practically ceased to exist, eaten by bears
-Kuritans not a while ago haven't got their own planets bordering the capital
-Steiners lost their Kookens Pleasure Pit (in which I gave Jade Falcons my own assistance).

All three factions have troubles so every hands to help should be welcomed and ATM Capellan Confederation without a clan border has its hands tied. Bringing a useful ally to a war effort requires from Star League to permit us opening a new front, so we can fight the common enemy. It is in need unless some queer attack coordinates at the other end of the galaxy appear as it have already happened once to the purple bird for whatever reason.

Our house can't really participate in a warfare in an efficient way, supporting some faraway allied planets isn't motivating enough and doesn't give Liao any profit. The cost to change that is small, also expanding our territory means the lower number of borders sparking tension for Davions which is good for them. It is better to have 2 enemies as neighbours than to border 4 factions, after the clan problem will be taken care of.

As Malavai said, we don't need Davions to hand their planets over to us, we can take them with our ppcs, lasers and whatever else shooty stuff you equip to your chasis. What I'm trying to say is that the Star League is going to shoot their own feet if they interfere and try to stop that process

Edited by KruczekIIV, 11 February 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#138 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Arrrgh!

We be pirates and nobody be a tellin' us what to do!

Arrrgh!

...Seriously now, you don't actually expect to dictate to all players and Units exactly how they should play CW, do you? That's supreme arrogance.

If certain players or Units want to voluntarily participate, then I think that's great! Don't presume to speak for the rest of us or seek to impose your will on us though. A lot of us play games for fun and to get away from the rigors and frustrations of everyday life (including politics). The last thing we want, is to turn our relaxation into something that resembles work or politics. ;)

In short, do what you and your cronies want, but don't get your shorts in a knot when some of us are "disinclined to acquiesce to your requests."

#139 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostAjcho Delacroix, on 11 February 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

Look, what I want is to fight on our terms. What I mean by that, if we can defend a Kurita/Steiner/Raselhague world from clans I will happily do so. But in the european timezone there is more than enough defenders on those planets, leaving me no choice but to attack Davion if I want to play.

Personally, I like that you try to reach out to the more proactive CW players. What I wonder though, what happens if theoretically the Clans are beaten forever. Do you still want all CW to end?

as always,
Ajcho

There are two major scenarios that pretty much squash the Star League , unless units and people are willing to join a different faction .

1. There is no way for southern house units to attack the clan planets. Everyone assumes that the Star League will push the clans back, but that only happens if Star League units are willing to join a northern faction. While the southern houses may be able to defend, if the northern houses do not get assisting with attacks then it becomes a stalemate. Kurita has seen many planets lost because of other factions flooding their defense queues not caring wether or not they win. What units are going to stay long term in FRR to straighten out that mess? It is easy to say that the Star League can try to push back the clans, it is a logistical nightmare to achieve it though.

2. Point number one is successful , now the issue that could arise is that the clans decide that they should only defend their planets due to population influx of attacking IS units and refuse to attack. Now all those Star League units and players who are loyalists and refuse to change to another faction, have nothing to do.

Now I ask this of any loyalist Star League member, because as some loyalists have made it pretty clear that Merc units are not loyal. Are you willing to change to a northern faction for an extended period of time for the Star League to succeed?? Because from what I am seeing, that is the only way for it to succeed .

#140 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 11 February 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Arrrgh!

We be pirates and nobody be a tellin' us what to do!

Arrrgh!

...Seriously now, you don't actually expect to dictate to all players and Units exactly how they should play CW, do you? That's supreme arrogance.

If certain players or Units want to voluntarily participate, then I think that's great! Don't presume to speak for the rest of us or seek to impose your will on us though. A lot of us play games for fun and to get away from the rigors and frustrations of everyday life (including politics). The last thing we want, is to turn our relaxation into something that resembles work or politics. ;)

In short, do what you and your cronies want, but don't get your shorts in a knot when some of us are "disinclined to acquiesce to your requests."

Lmao did you see the onslaught between MS and the Star League ...... Seems like one of the larger Merc units was asked that there participation was not wanted by some loyalist units I would gather. To me it looks like the Star League is its own little RP club, with loyalist bouncers at the gate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users