53 replies to this topic

#21 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

Downloaded and tried it extensively.

Great work, highly recommended to all Mechwarriors.

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Now I want a smart phone.

#23 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

Update ::: Save to Smurfy!!!

Well, mwo.smurfy-net.de integration is just about complete! You can now save your loadouts to your mechbay!!! There may be some lingering issues with authentication, but with this update I've changed the way errors are handled. If you get any errors involving Smurfy integration, please let me know in as much detail as possible!

Also, if you didn't notice, missile tubes are now listed in parenthesis next to the missile launcher name once equipped. If you find inconsistencies in the numbers, please let me know. There are way too many 'Mechs for me to double check each one! (:

::: Changelog :::

Added:
+ Loadouts can now be saved to your Smurfy Mechbay!
Fixed:
x Removing heatsinks caused the total number to be incorrect
x Some missile tubes displayed incorrectly
Improved:
- Error handling

#24 rasak

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:36 AM

Just finished designing another implement of fire and brimstone
on my tablet. The war machines this app enables me to design will
surely hasten the fall of the corrupt Sphere.

Small polishing to be done, but overall a great app to spend time
with while in transit. 9/10 and a seal of approval from me!

#25 Roper Band

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

This is awe-some! Nice work!

#26 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

Haven't really had a chance to play with it yet but I can tell I will. You earned whatever fraction of my donation Google leaves you after taking their cut

#27 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

View Poststratagos, on 16 March 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

Haven't really had a chance to play with it yet but I can tell I will. You earned whatever fraction of my donation Google leaves you after taking their cut

Thank you so much for the support!

----------------------------------------------

An update for aweMech is available that includes the new Grasshopper and Zeus. Enjoy! Unfortunately the new quirks need a bit of work. I'll do my best to get that out in the next few days.

I just want to make a note here: all major pressing features have been implemented. There are popular requests, like additional weapon stats and a more robust weapon lab, but everything necessary to actually build optimal loadouts should be in place. That being said, development will likely slow to match patches that include new and applicable content. I'm working on a complete code and UI revamp, and it's a lot of work.

I will continue to fix as many bugs as possible in that time period, so if you are having any issues, please be sure to let me know. Thank you all for the support so far. I really hope aweMech is a useful tool!

#28 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

A new version of aweMech is available in the Play Store!

What's New

v1.1.5 - Updated source to v1.7.7.0 from patch on April 7th, 2015

Added:
+ URBANMECH!!!
+ IS quirk updates
Fixed:
x Stripping Clan 'Mechs did not reset heatsink count
x Sharing loadouts caused a crash

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, sorry that things have been real quiet from me lately. I've been enjoying actually playing, got some comp stuff going on and life has been busy. Hopefully this is a good little update though with a couple bug fixes and obviously some new content. Enjoy those Urbanmechs, don't get dizzy!

I have also been suffering from a pretty severe lack of motivation, but I should be back on track with the new UI and code optimization, but there is still a long way to go ): I continue to receive support and want to thank everyone that has donated thus far!!!

#29 Phelan Ward-Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

Awesome job man. The app works, runs smoothly, and has everything you could need (the Smurfy integration was a nice touch as well).

My own bit of constructive feedback has to do with adding weapons/equip/ammo to parts of the mech.
It took a sec to figure out how to add items to the mech, because that left menu is contextual. Maybe you could add labels to the left (and for symmetry the right) menus based on what is displaying, so the people less capable won't get frustrated and quit before they figure it out.

Keep it up though man. The interface is otherwise perfect as is. It doesn't need colourful or fancy UI elements. It's clean, functional, and responsive as is.

For the record, I'm using it on my HTC One (M7) and my Nexus 7 (2nd gen) tablet.

#30 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

There is a new version of aweMech available in the Play Store. Go grab it and start building with the new variants now!

Miscellaneous News:
The redesign is well under way, doing everything as "right" as I know how this time around. When finished it should look and feel like a real Android app, rather than a hastily thrown together piece of garbage, which is what it is now (: I'm get pumped and thus quite motivated, so hopefully only a month or so more and you'll have something new and shiny on your Android devices. I appreciate your patience with the slow development!

As always, thank you so much to any who has supported this project. If you have issues/suggestions please let me know at https://awefalafelapps.uservoice.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

v1.1.6 - Updated source to v1.8.0.0 from patch on April 21st, 2015
Added new Reinforcement variants!

InnerSphere
+Griffin GRF-2N
+Highlander HGN-732B
+Locust LCT-3V

Clan
+Direwolf DWF-W
+Gargoyle GAR-B
+Ice Ferret IFR-B
+Myst Lynx MLX-D
+Nova NVA-C
+Stormcrow SCR-B
+Timberwolf TBR-A

#31 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

An update to aweMech is now available in the Play Store. The only significant change is the addition of the Jagermech Champion. tooDotOH is still underway, however I've hit a bit of a snag in what I want to do about data source. I thought about retrieving files from an internet source (MWOMercs or Smurfy API perhaps) but I'm just not sure how I want to go about caching and such. I like that this would prevent the need for updates like this that would no longer be necessary. So, we'll see how that pans out. As always, if you have any issues whatsoever, please email me (aweFalafelApps@gmail.com) or go to https://awefalafelapps.uservoice.com/! Thanks all!

#32 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

aweMech for Android has been updated with today's patch data!

Changelog:

v1.1.8 - Update source to v1.8.4.0 from patch on May 19th, 2015
New 'Mechs:
+ Cataphract CTF-0XP
+ Battlemaster BLR-2C
Improved:
- Added ability to scroll the Quirk list when necessary
v1.1.7 - Updated source to v1.8.3.0 from patch on May 5th, 2015
Added JM6-A(C) and improved error handling.

Alright, so I bought a MacBook! Don't head to the AppStore just yet. It will probably be a few months before I am able to get everything put together. That being said, I could really use the communities help on this one! The following will outline what will be most helpful. Sorry if this gets a little long-winded.

1) I've never owned an iOS device. Therefore I'm not really accustom to the standard UI/UX concepts. I will do my own research of course, but I'm interested to know how you the community would design the look and feel of aweMech for iOS. If you are talented or inclined at all in this matter, feel free to drop me a line at aweFalafelApps@gmail.com or here. If you really have some spare time and want to put together some graphic mockups, that would be MOST helpful, but I'm not expecting anyone to do that.

2) I will eventually need Beta testers. Again, it will likely be at least a month or two before I'll be ready to even go Beta, but I am curious who'd be interested. Keep in mind that this is not about early access! This is about really putting the app through the ringer and using it a LOT in order to find the issues that WILL inevitably be present. If you're interested, let me know.

Lastly, as many of you know, I've been planning a major update to aweMech for Android. I have still been working on this diligently. However, with an iOS version now possible, I feel it might only be fair to switch focus on getting a version out for those of the community that own an iOS device rather than an Android. I haven't completely decided yet and it may depend on how quickly things progress with the Android overhaul. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again to all of you that have supported this project with feedback, encouragement and/or a donation. Please know that it is NOT overlooked and very much appreciated!!!

Edited by Ndpndnt, 19 May 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#33 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

aweMech has been updated to include the four newest 'Mech variants. I've also updated the color scheme to match the new Mechlab.

Changelog
New 'Mechs:
+ Panther PNT-10P
+ Enforcer ENF-4P
+ Grasshopper GHR-5P
+ Zeus ZEU-5S
Improved:
- Updated color scheme to match the new Mechlab

#34 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

aweMech has been updated to include the two newest 'Mechs.

Changelog

New 'Mechs:
+ Ebon Jaguar A/B/C/Prime
+ Executioner A/B/D/Prime

Masc has been added, but is only currently available as a fixed item on the Executioner

Edited by Ndpndnt, 16 June 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#35 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

aweMech has been updated to include the four newest 'Mechs.

Changelog

New 'Mechs:
+ Arctic Cheetah A/B/C/Prime
+ Shadowcat A/B/P/Prime
+ Wolverine Quarantine
+ Thunderbolt Top Dog

A dialog has been added when sharing a loadout to make URL shortening optional

Edited by Ndpndnt, 21 July 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#36 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Some awesome stuff here, how can we support this?

#37 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:49 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 July 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

Some awesome stuff here, how can we support this?

I'm glad you're finding aweMech useful! If you remove ads within aweMech, there are different donation tiers. All tiers simply remove ads, it's just a way to decide how much to donate.

#38 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

So.... any new updates :D

Also, when do you think you'll be able to implement quirks for the Clan omnimechs?

#39 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:19 PM

PGI should hop on board and officially support this app.

#40 Ndpndnt

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 08 September 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

So.... any new updates :D

Also, when do you think you'll be able to implement quirks for the Clan omnimechs?

I just published a new build which includes the Mauler. Should be available in a few hours. Otherwise, I'm currently working on an iOS version of aweMech, so unfortunately the Android version is not going to see any major revisions until that is out, which includes clan quirks ): I've very sorry to say that, but I just don't have the time and in order to really make clan quirks available, the Android app needs a major overhaul.

View PostTheArisen, on 08 September 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

PGI should hop on board and officially support this app.

I completely agree!!! (:

Thanks for the interest and support folks!

Edited by Ndpndnt, 08 September 2015 - 08:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users