#41 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:14 AM

View PostAsatur, on 11 February 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

For each "ilkhan" we'll find own "vlad ward".

I look forward to that.

#42 Thanatos31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEnroute to Terra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 February 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Left to their own devices in the pentagon worlds, the clans swiftly fall upon each other in a desperate power struggle to establish a new first lord of the star league. I mean, a new khan.

Yes.

Meanwhile, the great armies of freeborn mercenaries, long used by the clans to wage war upon each other in great proxy battles, decide to leave for greener pastures as the clan currency, the c-bill, declines in value over a 3 month period.

Posted Image

The sounds of traditional clan mercenary dubstep warhorns echo across the realm...

haha _ had to quote for the LOLs

#43 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 10 February 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

That would make you 250 years old, in a society that considers old age a sign of a warrior too cowardly to find an honorable death. The Clans do not respect age in a "warrior". In fact I'd say somebody that old wouldn't even be fit to hold a rifle while getting trampled by enemy mechs.

Well, Natasha Kerensky was 80-ish when she died...though...she was 70-ish when she killed 5 opponents in a trial of position to re-enter clan wolf from the Dragoons. She also died holding off an entire Falcon Guard unit, by herself, in a single mech by issuing batchalls to each pilot and killing them as they came until she was finally taken down by Joanna.

Edited by Gyrok, 11 February 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#44 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostGyrok, on 11 February 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Well, Natasha Kerensky was 80-ish when she died...though...she was 70-ish when she killed 5 opponents in a trial of position to re-enter clan wolf from the Dragoons. She also died holding off an entire Falcon Guard unit, by herself, in a single mech by issuing batchalls to each pilot and killing them as they came until she was finally taken down by Joanna.

What a woman:

Posted Image

Anililagnia could be a definate possibility here.

Edited by Noesis, 11 February 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#45 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

I support anyone who has earned at least some respect within the community, who does his best to be friendly before writing someone off and who isn't role-player.

#46 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

Khan Lowtax if you ask me

#47 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 11 February 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

I support anyone who has earned at least some respect within the community, who does his best to be friendly before writing someone off and who isn't role-player.

You wouldn't let them have any fun.

#48 Volks Ward

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostAsatur, on 11 February 2015 - 03:54 AM, said:

we'll find own "vlad ward"

I have the initials does that count? If it does then my first act as ilkhan would be to command PGI to make masc and release the Executioner, Shadow Cat, Fire Moth, and hunchback IIC.

Edited by Volks Ward, 11 February 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#49 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

The IlKhan's job is not to tell the Clans how to act or how to govern their internal affairs.
The job is to coordinate the Invasion corridors so we do not have as much conflict over IS worlds, also to help mediate disputes .
an office best held by someone who has the respect of the Clan community...

and yes in the current atmosphere of anger and distrust I realize this is at best a longshot but if we had an IlKhan at the start of CW/Invasion we might have been able to avoid all of the problems we have had, and I am not pointing any fingers Clan problems are all our fault and not any one person or one clan..

so please can we stop pointing fingers and saying nanabobo to each other...

#50 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostGyrok, on 11 February 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

That was her "plan" however the leader of the Falcon Guard basically stated "I'm young and there is no honor in killing her, Joanna, you are also old as dirt, you go in and kill her." Which she did... with her jumpjet.

In the novel she didn't fight a bunch of one on one duels, the Falcon Commander was too smart to feed her troops like that. The Video Games describe something more like you did, however the novel.. not so much.

That said Kerensky was 84 when she died, and only got to that rank in a Clan that didn't follow normal clan rules. Keep in mind her sakhan at that point was the Free Birth Innersphere Expelled from the Lyran main University Phalen Kell. So yeah... The guy I was responding too claimed to be 250 years old ((older actually)).. which nobody lives that long in the Battletech Universe. He might as well have claimed to be a Wizard/Dragon/Vampire. :lol:

The novels are full of cases where the clans state over and over that they don't value age in a warrior. :)

Add On! As for the idea of an ilkhan what good could it do? It would have no more power to force people to mind than units do already. Most of the conflicts are waved away as "Mercs or Rogue elements who don't list to the Big Perm Contract Units" anyway. I guess the Ilkhan could be extra special super duper unhappy with them?

Edited by Alexander Steel, 11 February 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#51 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 11 February 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

That was her "plan" however the leader of the Falcon Guard basically stated "I'm young and there is no honor in killing her, Joanna, you are also old as dirt, you go in and kill her." Which she did... with her jumpjet.

In the novel she didn't fight a bunch of one on one duels, the Falcon Commander was too smart to feed her troops like that. The Video Games describe something more like you did, however the novel.. not so much.

That said Kerensky was 84 when she died, and only got to that rank in a Clan that didn't follow normal clan rules. Keep in mind her sakhan at that point was the Free Birth Innersphere Expelled from the Lyran main University Phalen Kell. So yeah... The guy I was responding too claimed to be 250 years old ((older actually)).. which nobody lives that long in the Battletech Universe. He might as well have claimed to be a Wizard/Dragon/Vampire. :lol:

The novels are full of cases where the clans state over and over that they don't value age in a warrior. :)

No, completely agree on the 250 years old bit...yes.

The one thing I was alluding to is that there are "edge cases" at best, and even then, I do not care what anyone says about Natasha Kerensky. If you kill 5 mechs in a ToP, no matter how old you are, you deserve the rank you earned. It has only happened as many times that you have fingers left over on a single hand if you total them all up. I also doubt that those warriors piloting mechs in that trial were looking to get bested by a 70 odd year old woman at that...

#52 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

She was a pretty clear cut case of NOT being old simply due to lack of courage to risk herself in battle.......she was so old because no one could beat her.

#53 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Natasha Kerensky killed 4 Mechs (not 5) in her Trial of Position, slaying Burke Carson in the process. Phelan Wolf killed the other 2 for his Star Commander rank.

Kai Allard Liao killed 5 Mechs in his (modified) Trial of position.

The Novel "I am Jade Falcon" said that the Falcon Guards refused to fight Natasha Kerensky due to her age as they felt it would be a disgrace to proper warriors. They sent Joanna to do battle with her, and Natasha Kerensky had Joanna beat, only to get incinerated by a last gasp firing of Joanna's Jumpjets (while on her back) to fry Natasha's cockpit.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 11 February 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#54 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

Indeed. The classic last second trick that saves the hero from apparent defeat or death.

I will not complain, though. It was about time honestly. I admire Natasha Kerensky, but objectively the writers have been quite too good with the Wolves :P

#55 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 11 February 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

She was a pretty clear cut case of NOT being old simply due to lack of courage to risk herself in battle.......she was so old because no one could beat her.

Objectively yes. However subjectively in the minds of the Clans here being that old is still a problem. Not only that but I imagine many of the Clans ((other than Wolf)) probably felt her having spent a large portion of her time in the IS certainly helped her run up her score in ways that most Clan warriors would never be able to.

#56 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 11 February 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Objectively yes. However subjectively in the minds of the Clans here being that old is still a problem. Not only that but I imagine many of the Clans ((other than Wolf)) probably felt her having spent a large portion of her time in the IS certainly helped her run up her score in ways that most Clan warriors would never be able to.

In the years between Operation Revival and the Refusal War, many crusaders within Clan Wolf challenged The Black Widow to trials, only to have her slaughter each and every last one of them.

#57 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

It doesn't matter. Like I said, Objectively the Black Widow was one of the top 5 mech warriors in all of Battletech. However, when facts hit religious dogma, the facts are often ignored in favor of a lie that matches the persons belief. The clans believe a certain way and that includes older warriors being worse, and it doesn't matter how often it's proven wrong ((at least from this one person)) they still will cling to what they believe and how they were raised.

#58 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 11 February 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

It doesn't matter. Like I said, Objectively the Black Widow was one of the top 5 mech warriors in all of Battletech. However, when facts hit religious dogma, the facts are often ignored in favor of a lie that matches the persons belief. The clans believe a certain way and that includes older warriors being worse, and it doesn't matter how often it's proven wrong ((at least from this one person)) they still will cling to what they believe and how they were raised.

I agree with you there

#59 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

Everyones got population issues. Davion hasnt attacked a world in a month

#60 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 10 February 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

That would make you 250 years old, in a society that considers old age a sign of a warrior too cowardly to find an honorable death. The Clans do not respect age in a "warrior". In fact I'd say somebody that old wouldn't even be fit to hold a rifle while getting trampled by enemy mechs.

I am 301 years old the Clan Geneticist tell me(Not sure of my date of Birth and The Drug I was injected with altered my mitochondrial DNA so it cannot be matched with the database). It was through investigating the 'Youth Drug' I was injected with by a Lovers Jealous co-worker prior to the exodus, that led to the sequencing that created a means to keep DNA viable over time via the Giftake. I am nondescript and easily overlooked and passed over in a crowd. The Geneticists also tell me that the Original Creators of the Drug had no idea what they had created and possibly had deemed it as a failure because they used it on dermal cells and not on blood. I am seeming to age at a rate of 1/27th that of other humans so over the last 266 years I have 'aged' 10 years. If you were decanted, you have me and my blood to thank for the information taken out of the Giftake of your 'Parents'. Natasha Kerensky is going to turn 77 this year and I dare you to call her a Solhama! Be prepared to have your ass handed to you if you do.

View PostMystere, on 10 February 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Hmm. You sound like a philosophical or religious person. In that case:

Next!

You forget that Ive had Thousands of Mech Blown up beneath me, and yet I survive to continue the Battle. Your febrile attempt at insinuating that by assassinating a Bandit Caste Assassin with a Bomb your point becomes valid is laughable. May your requisition orders go unfulfilled, because you forget that to beable to survive the Dark Caste has to get supplies from someone. And who could be easier to influence than someone who, takes abuse daily from the Warrior Caste and uses the bureaucracy everyday to insure that your requisitions are filled?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users