First Injection Of Latest Pack Is Upon Us

49 replies to this topic

#21 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 February 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

I just pray that the sales from the Resistance pack have shown Russ that the "mech pack" business model is dying. If they want more money from me, I need new content.
  • PVE single player campaign
  • PVE coop missions / wave mode
  • Solaris

Uhhmm...do we actually have real sales data from the Resistance pack to prove that the mech pack business model is dying? I honestly have no idea how many Resistance packs have been sold.

Edited by darkkterror, 09 February 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#22 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

View Postdarkkterror, on 09 February 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Uhhmm...do we actually have real sales data from the Resistance pack to prove that the mech pack business model is dying? I honestly have no idea how many Resistance packs have been sold.

No, we don't. Hence the word "pray". ;)

Edited by Alistair Winter, 09 February 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#23 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

The more shmucks keep buying packs the longer they will continue, the longer we will see a lack of change within the game and slow map production.

#24 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

I wouldn't mind going back to the usual monthly 'Mech releases.

#25 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostEscef, on 09 February 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

I am still expecting some Battle of Tukayyid packs and then a time jump, probably after they get the bugs hammered out of CW, possible timed to coincide with Steam release. I'm thinking Tukayyid/Inner Sphere and Tukayyid/Clans. I'm thinking 4 to 8 chassis per side. Assault mechs I'm thinking Cyclops and Mauler for Inner Sphere, Executioner/Gladiator and Kingfisher for clans. Somewhere in there I expect the Black Knight Inner Sphere side... Beyond that? Hey, this is already conjecture, and past that we're in the realm of wild guesses.

If you did a Tukayyid pack, you'd HAVE to have the Hatchetman.

#26 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

Good thing OP isn't designing this game, there would be like a grab deal with new mechs every week with the same couple maps we have for half a year.

PGIx1000

#27 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

I'm in the crowd that hopes they go back to the mech-a-month policy. It was a good policy, but after the Phoenix packs PGI saw the cash potential and haven't looked back. Personally I don't blame them, but at this point 1 mech a month should be able to satisfy most everyone. IMO, it's time to switch focus back to streamlining the UI, new maps, and new game modes for CW.

#28 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

New mechs are fine and dandy...but running everything on the same few maps gets old really fast.

#29 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

I for one would like them to fix the mechs that got nerfed so bad that they haven't recovered. Sure they removed the negative quirks from the Victor and the highlander, but what of the things that made them so dangerous to begin with-their ballistic weapons! Sure while their ppd, they are slow as heck, and don't come close to what they once were. They nailed the Victor for playing like a medium, but then they release the Timber Wolf who plays almost identical to the Vic once did only with far more firepower! Clan mechs jj work almost 2x that of IS mechs! You now see Victor K's because they can mount 6 jj's! I can tell you that my Timbers still get up in the air far quicker than my Victor K even if the K out jumps it. We won't even talk about the class 1 jj's. The IS did have mechs to counter the clans, only they really messed them up so they could sell more mechs to replace the ones that they weakened. More $$$. The Victor can't compete with a Timber, due to the fact the Timber can carry twice the weapons, and poor old Vic can't get out of the way in time because of the jj nerf. So I say give him more armor on his ST's to make up for the lack of jj ability! They need to increase the turning speed of all the Highlanders to match the 733C's. Their petty little handouts for both chassis are but a joke to the owners of both mechs! :angry:

#30 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 February 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Clan wave III obviously. There are still enough invasion Clan mechs to make the third pack.

The devs need to stop procrastinating and hammer out MASC as a working mechanic.

#31 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 09 February 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

The more shmucks keep buying packs the longer they will continue, the longer we will see a lack of change within the game and slow map production.

There is a separate teams focusing on these divisions. Neither greatly affect the other.

#32 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

I feel like after the Urbanmech, PGI should keep with the non-pack mech releases for a while. Maybe starting with the Mauler or Black Knight, possibly Wolfhound. Maybe even a solitary clan omni - but definitely no more packs until Wave III.

I'd rather see MASC solved first instead of more mechs. And I'd rather see more maps before MASC.

#33 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

Would like to see more maps and, a pass-over on existing maps to make them a bit bigger. Some feel downright cramped with 12v12.

Clanners could use some more mechs. Not sure on variants, but...could probably use a few more of those, as well. Haven't looked at them since I prefer my IS stuff.

1 account/3 pilots. As another person said in another thread...house/clan/merc...each with a separate pilot, persay.

#34 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

The more schmucks that buy packs the longer the doors stay open and lights stay on. But then I am responding to someone with no Founder tags, no clan tags etc. Doesn't mean the person doesn't spend money, just not as much as others.

So far Russ and crew have proven immune to the wants of those who do not spend money. Thank you. Luckily PGI can compare a players spend versus their opinion and decide accordingly. Example Bishop and the Urbie equals profit.

The issue with the Resistance pack, imo, was it was decided by a vote. This method is sure to piss off someone as not all people are going to want the exact same 4 mechs. The result is everyone does not have one or all of their binky's in the pack which may cause...wait for it...resistance to buying the pack. PGI, go back to picking the mechs for us.

Hopefully PGI is busy nailing the Steam launch. I am sure they will offer benefits to Steam subscribers and that will have to be handled delicately. This is a big year for PGI, let's give tem space to do it right.

Edit: Just noticed tags have been wiped again. NVM.

Edited by Ted Wayz, 09 February 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#35 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostStraferX, on 09 February 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

I hope we are done with mech packs for a while and get busy with some map packs. I'm getting pretty bored playing this game with the few maps we have and am considering taking a break for a little while. Don't get me wrong I love new mechs as much as the next pilot but running around the same circle over and over and over and over......

Just to help break this misconception (that at times is a bit rampant).
The Guys who make the Mechs, and the Guys who make the Maps, are two different entities.
To release mech packs, does not detract from other items being worked on. Any good gaming company has these items being co-developed.
So, let them keep releasing mechs, nothing else will suffer.

-ST

#36 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

That's what they say. But why do we get so few maps, then? They should just fire a few of the guys who make mechs and hire a few more guys who make maps.

Also, maybe a few programmers who could fix some of the long standing issues. Maybe even implement a new feature from time to time.

But oh wait! They don't make any money when they release a new map or fix bugs. Bummer.

Edited by zagibu, 09 February 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#37 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 February 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

No, we don't. Hence the word "pray". ;)

How can you know that it's dying then?

#38 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 09 February 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Make night/day/snow/fog/sunset variants of all the existing maps

Dark side of the moon HPG please

#39 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 09 February 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Just to help break this misconception (that at times is a bit rampant).
The Guys who make the Mechs, and the Guys who make the Maps, are two different entities.
To release mech packs, does not detract from other items being worked on. Any good gaming company has these items being co-developed.
So, let them keep releasing mechs, nothing else will suffer.

-ST

Mech modelers can make map assets though. Making a crane from Mining Collective is basically like making a big ole stompy robot arm.

#40 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

View Postwwiiogre, on 09 February 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

I want melee. Nothing sweeter than kicking a light that is hugging your legs when you are in an Atlas. 20 pts damage, same as AC20 to their leg.

then we can have Hatchetman and Axeman mechs. The awesome's left hand is 16 pt punch usable every time you are close at no heat. Its why there was no weapon in it, so it could punch.

King Crab claws, they do same as the ac20 and use no ammo if you are close. Just saying, would give the whole game a new dynamic.

Death from above, when you jump your mech in the air and land on the head of another mech. Quite devastating to that mech.

charging another mech, running in a straight line and slamming into them for massive damage. A way a light mech can go out of the game in a wave of destruction.

Lots and lots of things better for them to do than give us more mechs doing the same thing. Maps are great, but how about a new type of combat that makes mechs with no ammo still useful and some mechs even more so.

Chris

It took them a year or more to work out SRM hit detection. This sounds like a ******* nightmare.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users