115 replies to this topic

#61 Jon Doe

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

5P midrange sniper: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f435a4ffbcb5330

Didn't think it would run that well at all, but it consistently posts 400-600 dmg when pugging. Doesn't feel like the machine guns do all that much but they're fun and something to do while your ppc is cycling and/or your uac5 is jammed.

#62 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

Pretty sure I hate this mech. Gonna Elite the one with the AC 10 to be sure, but it's hugely underwhelming and I don't think I'll use it once I'm done leveling. I've hit 1000 damage in it but both my team and the enemy sucked, so it fits in the "usefull against n00bs" category, like most of the mechs in this game.

Panther is better, and that's not a great compliment.

#63 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

I just finished mastering the P, and found it preformed startingly average. Ah well.

The other two come next; those at least have been running just a wee bit better.

#64 Kahadras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

I didn't expect the Enforcer to be an amazing mech when I started using it. I've ended up holding onto the 4R once I'd skilled them all up. Two Large Lasers and an AC10 with plenty of ammo plays fairly well. I use the Large Lasers pretty heavily untill the mech starts overheating then I tend to fall back on the autocannon while things cool down. I've got reasonable scores in it (400+ damage with a kill or two and plenty of assists) but it's like my Centurion that it's a mech I'm not fussed on playing. Sure I'll take it out fr a spin now and then but it's not a mech if I take if I want to do well neither is it a mech I take for fun. It kinda falls into a grey area between the two (much like my Blackjack).

#65 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

I usually try to have my first upgrades cheap by using what I have in stock and just upgrading the necessary.

So this is what I'll do with my first version of the 5D:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fb91e4a84dcb8ea

Eventually I'll drop the Ferro for the Endo to get a bit more space for either more ammo or a better engine.

EDIT: Yep, replaced Ferro with Endo for more LBX ammo. Will run that setup for a while. Only thing I could change is maybe to a AC10, but I kind of like the LBX so not sure.

Edited by Trystan Thorne, 26 February 2015 - 12:37 AM.

#66 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Proudly I present my 5D that fits to me.... finally I've found it !

5p meh.
4R ac10/5ml skirmisher

Then I really wanted a 5D with lbx10 and ppc (high mounted) to work well, but I didn't manage, cause of heat, 'cause too low dps, 'cause enemies hugging (ppc useless)

So, I tried this one as brawler!
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...17efd40f2bd839f

It's awesome.

Try it.

edit: enemy lights aren't happy to be chased by this :)

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 27 February 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#67 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 27 February 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

Proudly I present my 5D that fits to me.... finally I've found it !

5p meh.
4R ac10/5ml skirmisher

Then I really wanted a 5D with lbx10 and ppc (high mounted) to work well, but I didn't manage, cause of heat, 'cause too low dps, 'cause enemies hugging (ppc useless)

So, I tried this one as brawler!
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...17efd40f2bd839f

It's awesome.

Try it.

edit: enemy lights aren't happy to be chased by this :)

For some reason the only 5D builds that have really worked for me so far have all included 3xMPL.

I just reverted back to this build Success! and the results came back.

#68 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostPowerOfNapes, on 27 February 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

For some reason the only 5D builds that have really worked for me so far have all included 3xMPL.

I just reverted back to this build Success! and the results came back.

I must give a try with gauss too.

Pity for that high mounted energy hardpoint.... I don't know, maybe hit reg issues, or too few hardpoint... but ppc based built didn't work for me.

#69 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:46 AM

Well, I find that XL engines are not so healthy for brawling so: ENF-5D

#70 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 27 February 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

I must give a try with gauss too.

Pity for that high mounted energy hardpoint.... I don't know, maybe hit reg issues, or too few hardpoint... but ppc based built didn't work for me.

I did have a really good match in something similar to this 5D but I didn't like having the medium lasers separated despite the advantage of having the PPC up in that high mount. Like you mention there's also the issue of enemies getting right in your face and cancelling out that PPC.

#71 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

View Postgoatreich, on 27 February 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Well, I find that XL engines are not so healthy for brawling so: ENF-5D

well, enf seems to have quite good hitboxes. With 295xl and that speed, it's very easy to twist and spread damage, and evade/cover.

And it's so funny to leg lights easily with 3mpl and lbx10, that with quirk and cooldown module, has a very high firing rythm.

#72 Lichschool

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

I'm digging this build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...75616ef1bc62516

I like jump jets, but I know a ton of people don't so you could forego those for more ammo or armor or ams or whatever.

The 4R is my favorite variant atm, I mean an ac/10 AND 5 medium lasers? That ****'s CRAY. :P

I'm still in basic tier skills, and I get shrekt (because PUGs, and because I'm a crazy, impatient *******) but if you take your time and work together with your teammates, this guy can put up some sweet numbers.

#73 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

I used a 300XL. The 3xMPL were ok; right now I'm trying the LBX w/ 2ERLL and 1ML, though not having near as much luck.

#74 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

I switched to this on my 5D. Standard combinations just weren't burning armor fast enough for my liking with only three hardpoints, so I turned to wub. I know common wisdom is to put a large energy on the shoulder, but I've found that the LPL is more helpful on the arm- since there's just the one arm hardpoint, it helps to have something punchy there to tag lights with.

I'm also considering the pros and cons of MPL on my 4R. It'd be light on the AC10 ammo, but I haven't been using all of it when I take more, and I find that people love to shoot for the ballistic arm on the ENF just like they do on the Cent... it might be better to have a little more damage on the laser side.

#75 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

I just think once you start pushing an AC10 + 5 lasers your running way too hot. Your better off just sticking to the 5 lasers, changing some to larger variants, and putting in more heatsinks.

#76 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

I find using Enforcers at range at match start then going closer later more effective along with 15 point alpha hits.

All builds I tried at this post.

#77 Rip von Graze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationPirate Point above Terra

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

ENF-5P

So far the mech seems to have the agility and irritation to stay alive long enough to deal some decent damage. I have the AC/2s on chain fire and just hold down the trigger. I hate the mechs hardpoints so I guess it is fitting I just threw some annoying build together.

2 AC/2
2 Machine Guns
1 Medium Laser
300 XL

#78 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

Been having fun with this ENF-5P.

Low slung hardpoints can make good shots difficult, but It is manageable.

#79 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

The ENF-5D is mediocre with the shotgun, especially since the AC/10 variant gets the same bonuses only with a pinpoint damage weapon. So that's why I decided to do something really weird, and it works wonderfully. The Enforcer tanks like no other Medium, so I thought pairing it with 3LL would work well. I was very right, been doing very high damage with this build. The MGs are for fast moving targets and to finish an enemy off while you're still dissipating heat. They have pretty low ammo, but you aren't supposed to get within 260m of you opponent anyways so I think it works out.

I've been doing pretty well with this ENF-4R build personally. You can probably switch to Ferro and a standard engine for even better results. Just brawl with a Heavy mech and pop out to jam as much AC/10 ammo into the enemy's CT as possible.

Edited by Pezzer, 04 March 2015 - 02:11 AM.

#80 Voq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostPezzer, on 04 March 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

The ENF-5D is mediocre with the shotgun, especially since the AC/10 variant gets the same bonuses only with a pinpoint damage weapon. So that's why I decided to do something really weird, and it works wonderfully. The Enforcer tanks like no other Medium, so I thought pairing it with 3LL would work well. I was very right, been doing very high damage with this build. The MGs are for fast moving targets and to finish an enemy off while you're still dissipating heat. They have pretty low ammo, but you aren't supposed to get within 260m of you opponent anyways so I think it works out.

I've been doing pretty well with this ENF-4R build personally. You can probably switch to Ferro and a standard engine for even better results. Just brawl with a Heavy mech and pop out to jam as much AC/10 ammo into the enemy's CT as possible.

Not saying your 3xERLL build doesn't work for you, but I can't help but think the 4R does it better.
You can even pop in 4xLL and end up with similar range, but better DPS.
The only downside is it can't move quite as quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users