Panther Builds

93 replies to this topic

#81 GorganKnight

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:57 AM

this ones quite a nice build, threw on the XL225, its rockin pretty well. The two SSRM2s are for taking on other lights, cuz when im sniping, jenners just love to and help... http://mwo.smurfy-ne...689a84bfdb0f6ab

#82 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostThalynos, on 17 February 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a3ef5fa2cc7b048 10k double erppc

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b3e2d164b6188ce 9R 4 Mpl srm6

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e71b6ce34619ed0 8Z 2 LL 2 Ssrm2

have only tried the 10k so far, seems like a fun mech.

It's pretty much the same things i play my Panther with. Though i suck at Lights, and suck even more at PPCs, i am usually not very successful with them. Still i think these are solid buids. Went from ERPPCs to PPCs though, since heat was too muchof an issue.

#83 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

The one with the regular PPC quirks is pretty good with 2 of them and two SPL. Just don't lose your arm.

#84 Cat-in-Exile

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

9R with 4 medium pulse and SRM4 is a beast. I love this mech so much right now

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a19f812bc7d040d

Posted Image

#85 Izzob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Been having allot of fun with this, the flamer works to blind them for hit and runs as well as hiding the narc.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a953db4f3dc96a9

#86 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostBlitzburger, on 15 March 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

9R with 4 medium pulse and SRM4 is a beast. I love this mech so much right now

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a19f812bc7d040d

Posted Image

i USED to like the 9R with more or less the same setup (think i only have an SRM 2 in there instead). then i went 2-15 or so in it this week for the event (the other two i'd get a win in 3 matches tops- go back to the 9R- another run of losses). the 10R with dual srm 4s and dual MPLs has become the most reliable of them for me. the 8Z i just hope the team wins so i don;t have to keep playing it. currently using 2ML,ERLL and a SRM 2 for it- nothing's really clicked for me with it though.

#87 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostTanar, on 25 March 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

i USED to like the 9R with more or less the same setup (think i only have an SRM 2 in there instead). then i went 2-15 or so in it this week for the event (the other two i'd get a win in 3 matches tops- go back to the 9R- another run of losses). the 10R with dual srm 4s and dual MPLs has become the most reliable of them for me. the 8Z i just hope the team wins so i don;t have to keep playing it. currently using 2ML,ERLL and a SRM 2 for it- nothing's really clicked for me with it though.

The Z is my favorite right now. 3 MPLs / 2 SRM4s Max engine and 4 JJs.

It's a blast and I will rage if you use it against me. ;)

I've come to the realization that the Panther is a tanky Commando. To use Football parlance, the Commando is a Wide Receiver or Punt Returner, the Panther is the Linebacker or Strong Safety One will use speed and maneouverability, the other will out jump or out hit you and take a beating.

#88 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

I don't know what any of that rubber ball chucking lingo means, but the Panther is definitely tanky, and just agile enough to put its firepower to good use. It's a damn good light, far from DOA like many were claiming it would be. Fun and useful with long and short range configs.

#89 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

was putzing around with my panthers off and on this week.

I really like dual LPL in the 10k. sure i got my arm shot off a few times, but it usually happened at the bitter end while losing or when i got focused in a bad position. I did get in a dual with a lone ECM raven on HPG earlier this week and it chewed off my arm before i could kill it, but i kept it in one place while my remaining teammates came from across the map to finish it. Its a tad slow, 100 kph-ish, but if you focus fire with your team, play snippery at mid range, and avoid being solo it works well. It really doesnt do so hot (:D) on Mordor however.

the panther with the four energy hardpoints. i tossed in four med pulses and a LRM 5 for kicks. the lrms are near useless really and srms would admittedly be so much more appropriate, but not using the missile hardpoints in close combat saves on the heat as I drill the med pulses into things. definitely was a good time playing this one.

the other one, i tried dual large lasers/ srm4's, was anemic. got three med pulses and dual srm 4's sitting in it now, havent played it in that configuration. I have a feeling i'll be switching it to dual LPL's though when i master it.

overall, i like the chassis. My only other experience playing lights is locusts, (i do so <3 the locust), and the firestarter a bit.

#90 bonojjo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

PNT-10K 2heat 2erppc 245xl izi

Edited by bonojjo, 08 April 2017 - 10:29 AM.

#91 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:19 PM

I like the Panthers a bit more than I thought I would. Seeing as how I thought I would completely hate them, though, that isn't saying much. Not my favorite light but not my least favorite, either.
Twice I've been able to finish out with the final kills to survive and win in 11-12 pug matches. But in other matches, a single mistake and I'm spectating for most of the match. It is NOT at all a chassis that is forgiving of mistakes.

My favorite builds are 1xERPPC + 2xSRM4 (in the 10K) and 3xMLas + 2xSRM4 (in the 8Z). I've got a dual PPC in the 9R for the moment, but I'm less happy with that build.

#92 v4skunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

PNT-8Z with XL220, 2LL and the rest heatsinks with maybe a jump jet to get over rocks / small cliffs.
Can deal awesome amounts of DPS and tanks quite well if you get caught out.
EDIT: Can also use 2 ERLL, but it isn't as effective for dealing dps.

Edited by v4skunk, 04 June 2017 - 12:34 PM.

#93 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:33 AM

View Postv4skunk, on 04 June 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

PNT-8Z with XL220, 2LL and the rest heatsinks with maybe a jump jet to get over rocks / small cliffs.

i wonder if switching to light PPCs would help. close to same max disance as LL/ERLL and 5 points of damage a pop. only downside is min range so carry some kind of back up weapon. the light PPcs seem semi ideal for lights to me for poking purposes.

#94 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

View Postv4skunk, on 04 June 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

View PostBigbacon, on 20 July 2017 - 03:33 AM, said:

i wonder if switching to light PPCs would help. close to same max disance as LL/ERLL and 5 points of damage a pop. only downside is min range so carry some kind of back up weapon. the light PPcs seem semi ideal for lights to me for poking purposes.

Panther 8Z isn't quirked for PPCs like the 9R or 10K models. Since the May patch you don't have to have 3 different model Panthers to reach mastery- there is no reason to shoehorn the 8Z into a PPC role. I use 2xMP and 2xSRM4 on mine.

Edited by SilentFenris, 24 July 2017 - 12:16 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users