Troubleshooting Install & Patcher Issues

129 replies to this topic

#121 Anti10188

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:56 AM

And...it not working again...so it is work once per week for me now....so stuped

#122 Anti10188

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

And again, after monipul;ation with servises game start to work, problem can be in "superfetch"
.if you have same problem try torn it of and restart pc.

#123 Anti10188

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:03 AM

and not working again....it seems just restarting pc few time, may help...i am tired of this

#124 Thegreywolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

ok i start mwo it tells me to use the patcher that there is an update i start the patcher it says to start mwo there is a patch available

so how do i circumvent the issue that i can not patch the game unless im logged in but cant log in until i patch the game.

#125 The Lords Hand

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Best *** **** Country In The World

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

1.4.111 patched. my game gets to the "play" button screen and after I press play nohing. great patch. game is now unplayable. I have tried the repair tool. I have spent the time to uninstall and reinstall and nothing works. as a founder of a game I cant play im not vey pleased. please help.

#126 Anti10188

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:49 AM

restart pc few times, and it will start normaly, also see prew page, mr legend.
thx pgi for helping with this new fun staff (sacasm, meen hate bugs and non responding from you)

#127 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

when the patcher runs into full disk, it just keeps going with a message instead of pausing.
result is a lot of destroyed gamefiles and as soon as i have mozilla open (i have 10gb tempfiles when it is open long enough'), i have to use repair tool to opgrade on large patches.

#128 Cerberus05

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

AMD error can't start the game

#129 Crumudgeon

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 17 February 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

There are a couple of distinct issues that pop up for some players every patch cycle, and while we're working to resolve each of them behind-the-scenes I've compiled some of the recommended steps that you can take to hopefully resolve your particular issue(s).

Slow download speeds
  • Through your Start Menu, search for and run Internet Options
  • Click the Connections tab
  • Click the LAN Settings button
  • De-select the Automatically detect settings box
  • Depending on your configuration, it may also help to temporarily disable your firewall and/or anti-virus software.
'Applying Patch' process appears to hang, or is slow

It definitely can be slow, but more often than not it will complete. For now, try to let it do its thing. We're working to speed this up.
Just in case, run through these steps:
  • Temporarily disable your anti-virus software.
  • Ensure that the hard drive(s) containing your MWO install location and your Windows install location have sufficient space available. It is vital that your main Windows drive have at least 15% of its remaining capacity available.
  • Close any unnecessary software while running the patcher. Web browsers with multiple tabs open can sometimes be a particular issue.
'Downloading Install Base'

This usually occurs when our server provider has not updated the particular server node your patcher is accessing. For now I recommend closing down your patcher when this process begins.
Then, flush your DNS, and attempt the patch process again.

Flushing your DNS:
  • Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
  • Type cmd and hit Enter.
  • In the command prompt window, type:
  • ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
The patcher crashes when I open it or begin the patch process
  • Right-click on the MechWarriorOnline.exe (in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32 or custom MWO install folder)
  • Select Properties
  • Select the Compatibility tab
  • Check the 'Run this program as an administrator' box
  • Click OK
When there are a large number of patches required (after some time away), the patcher can experience general instability

In cases where you need to apply a number of patches, often after spending some time away from the game, I currently recommend that you instead attempt the patching process by using the MWO Repair Tool instead.

I think that the patch has a virus in it. The virus seems to have installed some horrible skill system into my game that renders the player unwilling to use this software..

#130 fudpucker666

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

This patch system is ********. I expect these days when I log into the game, it will say "update being downloaded" and then it installs automatically, none of this "do that, download this, do this, etc, etc.

Pirahna, lift your game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users