Troubleshooting VoIP

66 replies to this topic

#21 Gharrek

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

So.... yea.... Still not really working on my end either. Can't get it to trigger w/PTT, on default key or other keys. I can hear transmissions, can not transmit. I've checked all the settings, changed and tweaked a lot that are mentioned here. Nothing. Hard to really get into CW when this is crap. Mumble is working fine, I don't have TS installed, but will be doing so next since the ingame seems to have crapped out. Win7 and 3.5 plugs so its not the USB issue.

#22 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

Been having an issue with my laptop. I play with headphones and get all of the in game sounds through my headphones, but the VOIP comes through the laptop speakers and as such, I can't really hear it properly. TS comes through the headphones just fine.

I've tried changing the VOIP playback device to every setting it has and haven't seen any change.

#23 slylentium

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:38 AM

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

#24 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

So I just did my first VOIP since yesterday. Took me a while to figure out how to make it work.

I notice the indicators that show I am speaking seem delayed by 1 second or less. Does that indicate the start of what I say is cut off or is there a delay due to online connection? It is hard to tell since I cannot hear myself.

#25 The Red Noble

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

I have an issue with the game config not remembering which output I have set for the VOIP voice.
I run an onboard Realtek High def sound card as my primary sound source including the voice playback. I use a Logitech USB headset as my sound input device. (Playback is better on my headphones vs the USB headset). I can set the VOIP settings correctly using the in game interface and get both in game audio and voice playback through the realtek device, while still picking up audio with the usb headset. The issue arises when I restart or reload the game client. VOIP voice playback is missing until i go into the in game settings interface, re-select the realtek card as my voice output and save the settings. Voice is then played through the realtek device and all is normal until I restart the game client again. Issue is not new to any recent patches and has existed since VOIP was introduced. Not an huge problem but an annoying one all the same.

Shdwwlkr

Edited by Shdwwlkr, 20 May 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#26 Vox Scorpus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOn my mech - reloading my guns.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

Anyone else have this problem? Voip works fine once it's working. Every time I start the game I have to check the settings/audio. Sometimes it's reset to default and I have to choose my devices. Sometimes they're there but I still only hear garbled static. I have to uncheck the USE VOIP box, then check it, then save. Then it works fine. Why doesn't it remember what I had. At least I do have it - but it's a pain if I forget to check I before dropping into play.

#27 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:16 PM

I've tried every step that has been suggested to no avail. My sound works fine. I can use TS and every other game with VOIP just fine. However, I've tried every setting I can think of and still can't hear voice chat. I'm not sure what else to even try.

#28 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

View PostVox Scorpus, on 24 May 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

Anyone else have this problem? Voip works fine once it's working. Every time I start the game I have to check the settings/audio. Sometimes it's reset to default and I have to choose my devices. Sometimes they're there but I still only hear garbled static. I have to uncheck the USE VOIP box, then check it, then save. Then it works fine. Why doesn't it remember what I had. At least I do have it - but it's a pain if I forget to check I before dropping into play.

Every time I launch the client I also have to uncheck 'Use VOIP', save, recheck and save before I can speak in game. Usually I remember to do it before I launch into a match but.. a few times I had to hide behind cover or get a few people to cover me and quickly do it.

#29 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostVox Scorpus, on 24 May 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

Will have to try that, I am getting the same but I was reselecting two choices then saving.

View PostGallowglas, on 25 May 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

I've tried every step that has been suggested to no avail. My sound works fine. I can use TS and every other game with VOIP just fine. However, I've tried every setting I can think of and still can't hear voice chat. I'm not sure what else to even try.

If you expect to hear your own voice, you will not. No one can. You have to look for the speaker next to your name at match start to go green or, during the match, see your name show up on the bottom under the minimap. If neither of those is happening, you are not talking to people.

#30 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 26 May 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

If you expect to hear your own voice, you will not. No one can. You have to look for the speaker next to your name at match start to go green or, during the match, see your name show up on the bottom under the minimap. If neither of those is happening, you are not talking to people.

You misunderstand my problem. I cannot hear VOIP chatter, nor does anyone hear me.

#31 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

View PostGallowglas, on 27 May 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

You misunderstand my problem. I cannot hear VOIP chatter, nor does anyone hear me.

Thanks for the correction. Maybe it is connected to this problem. Send an email to Support if you have not. Not sure what files they would need for VOIP, try sending:
Omicron
DxDiag
pictures of the tracert and ping tests to the 2-3 IP addresses listed in the response.

Edited by Wildstreak, 27 May 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#32 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 03 March 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

We're rolling out a fix for VoIP-related crashes with today's patch.

Those crashes were related to an issue with the original version of the TeamSpeak SDK. Please let me know what your client stability is like once we're back up and you've run a few matches.
Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full. As with many of the entrants in this thread, I've tried multiple settings, even removing and reloading my audio drivers, removing and reloading the game, etc. VoIP worked for me for exactly one night, the first night I set it up. Now, I can hear most, but am able to talk to none.

Isn't this done in multiple multiplayer games, and it works fine, in general, with the settings common to Windows? I do not, unlike many folks in this thread, play anything OTHER than MWO, so I've done a lot of unique changes. You guys have figured things like this out several times, before, and you'll get this one, too. I'll wait until you do.

#33 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

I couldn´t also hear ingame communication...
Since that last Patch it isn´t working anymore...

That´s sad!

#34 Priapus

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 28 May 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

I couldn´t also hear ingame communication...
Since that last Patch it isn´t working anymore...

That´s sad!

I am having a lot of trouble with it recently.

#35 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

Sry but i tried everything and i just can´t get ingame voip to work.
Got the same Problem with the 64bit client... It just didn´t work. :(

I even did a complete new fresh install and nope it won´t work... and don´t get me wrong ( i am on a 64bit win7 and all drivers are up to date )

I am real sad!

#36 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

Did you try geting into a round, unchecking it in options and saving then reopen options rechecking it and saving? I have to do that every time I restart the client. Though lately I can do it from the mechlab options as opposed to in match.

#37 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostXphR, on 03 June 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Did you try geting into a round, unchecking it in options and saving then reopen options rechecking it and saving? I have to do that every time I restart the client. Though lately I can do it from the mechlab options as opposed to in match.

I tried that to, but i doesn´t work :(

#38 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:28 PM

:( Damn, sorry. Hope you get a fix soon.

#39 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

Ok Update on this subject...

I had an real "old" adaware scanner running which causes the trouble with the mwo 64bit client and also with that ingame voip.
i deinstalled the scanner and now i am fine again with voip ;)

#40 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

Hmmm, I wonder if Panda Antivirus is doing the same with my VoIP... time check out my permissions in Panda and see if that's my problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users