66 replies to this topic

#61 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:18 AM

With the latest patch I noticed that ingame VoIP is activated whenever I say something into my microphone although I have not used the push-to-talk-button.

I have asked a few others of my unit and some of them confirmed that they had the similar effect.

So, it seems like the VoIP does not recognize whether I have used Push-to-Talk or not.

#62 Bad Pun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:24 PM

I'm running Windows 10, and I'm getting pretty fed up with being told that other players can't hear me. As an amateur voice actor, I've spent hundreds of dollars on my microphone setup, but other players can't hear me clearly despite the changes and fixes I've tried.

It is most certainly not a hardware factor, as I own several hundred dollars worth of gear that I'm using. I have also been working with all of the settings for months.

Something may 've wrong server-side for me.

#63 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 03 March 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

We're rolling out a fix for VoIP-related crashes with today's patch.

Those crashes were related to an issue with the original version of the TeamSpeak SDK. Please let me know what your client stability is like once we're back up and you've run a few matches.
Mr. Garden.... March 3rd of last year was the last time you, or anyone else at PGI answered in this thread. Having read through all of these other posts, now, and understanding that so many of us have upgraded machinery and tried new tricks and ideas to make VoIP work, please tell us there's a fix going on with this?

Thank you.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 22 February 2016 - 03:38 AM.

#64 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:45 AM

Mine now does not work it used to but I can here myself and can use skype and other tools

#65 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

Picked up a cheap 3mm headset. Works.

#66 Duke Ragnar

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

It appears to me that the wizards at PGI have found a new way to screw up PTT. I did have mine working after it came out that the bozo's had left "voice activation" enabled in their TS3 setup.

But after reporting this problem half a dozen times or so over a 6 month period and getting either no response or some POoA BS answer from "Support" I was feed up and just started playing WoT instead. Until the last few weeks I had not played MWO since late last year.

But the new CW stuff looked interesting so I dusted MWO off so I could try out CW. The new CW setup is a major improvement and I especially like the Scouting missions. Unfortunately, once again, I cannot get PTT to work.

I can't understand why this is sooo hard for PGI to get right, it doesn't seem to be a problem for other game Devs.

Personally, I'm not even going to bother with reporting the problem. I suspect i would just get another 6 months of excruciatingly annoying non-answers. I'll check back in a few months and see if PGI has managed to pull their head out of their posterior long enough to get PTT working.

Rag

#67 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

You went to play WoT for a while, so it's very likely you missed quite a bit of the updating, and if you tried to update only from the game lobby that may have screwed some things up. My recommendation is that you run the repair tool. Once that is done, check your VoIP settings, again, and make sure you have the right information displayed there. Check your microphone to ensure you have it set exactly right for your computer setup; if that doesn't work, try going to a headphones/microphone on setup and see if that helps.

I feel your pain, I do. However, when PGI finally dropped the minimum decibel pickup level for microphones, mine started working like gang busters, and I was having a lot of fun with being able to talk to folks, until I dropped out of game play. I haven't played a game in more than three weeks, now, but before I left it my microphone was working just fine. Since my system is not a high-grade one, I can only presume the problem is, now, on your end. If those things don't work, you HAVE to contact support, as there are likely others out there with problems similar to your own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users