Official Peace Branch, Olive Type, To Davion Rat(S)

264 replies to this topic

#261 Balilaika

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 06 March 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

why would i want to know what british telecom use in their internal reports

You guys are kinda similar in style to their tech support though....

#262 Ron Ron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

Smart, beautiful, and extremely popular? Agreed

#263 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostRon Ron, on 06 March 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Smart, beautiful, and extremely popular? Agreed

Posted Image

#264 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 March 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

Ammo explosion only goes 1 segment away in any direction, so it would pop out CT and not cockpit. Got that clarified years ago by one of the game devs. I think it was on the SARNA forums. The only time it gets super messy was when you have ammo in multiple locations and the damage would chain in to cook off ammo in another location.

Again, incorrect- damage from ammo explosions will continue to transfer inwards until it reaches the CT, at which point ammo explosion damage will simply obliterate the 'Mech completely. However, it doesn't go past the CT- but in the case of "massive damage" like ammo explosions or AOE damage effects, this "gibs" the 'Mech in question, completely destroying it and taking the pilot (if he didn't have autoeject enabled) with it.

You can easily show this on Megamek (which uses straight-from-the-book rules) with something that has arm-mounted ammo and detonating it- the damage will go from arm -> side torso -> CT -> Mech destroyed unless CASE or CASE II gets in the way. However, damage transfer doesn't cause additional hits to the pilot from feedback- regardless of how many sections the explosion goes through, it will deal 2 hits to the pilot (note: TT assumes an "average" pilot, so an exceptionally tough one may only pass through a single KO check rather than two steps worth after an explosion if you're using MechWarrior rules for pilots).

#265 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Original 3025 rules were that ammo explosion went 1 segment away and applied damage to internal structure directly but only went 1 segment in each direction. Then there was a brief spat of tournament rules that said that because IS wasn't damaged until armor was destroyed it had to eat armor first of the next location, but continued onward. Then the new edition rules came out and I think that's what they went with but introduced CASE.

Originally though it was 1 segment away max. I think it was Mike Miller who explained the original reasoning for that but it's been a lot of years (the ammo shoots when it cooks off, not all exploding for max damage that has a 100% efficient energy transfer rate). Makes sense. Otherwise it's kinda stupid given that it implies that that every round of ammo shoots *directly at the rest of the mech*, so that if my cased AC10 ammo cooks off those AC10 rounds all directly shoot and hit the mech itself.

Edited by MischiefSC, 07 March 2015 - 12:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users