Pay For Private Matches?

183 replies to this topic

#1 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Really PGI? In order for my clan to have any kind of 1v1 trials or practice for them we have to have everyone buy premium time? Are you kidding me? The hundreds and thousands of dollars we have already spent, on hero mechs, clan mechs, on premium time already is not enough? Should I just PM Russ my routing and account numbers so he can withdraw from my account at his leisure? I have put up with a lot of your monetization of my cherished childhood universe, come on man.

Before you start white whales, we pay 60 dollars for full retail games, with dedicated server support and continued patches, so don't try to play this off like we are not supporting the game. This is gouginng the customer base to the nth degree.

Edited by SJ SCP Wolf, 03 March 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#2 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

You can do Private match for free if there 12 VS 12

#3 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

View Postwolf74, on 03 March 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

You can do Private match for free if there 12 VS 12

You wear a clan tag. You know darn well then, that trials are 1v1. Forcing a 24 man requirement, because PGI refuses to pay for a few more hamsters to spin the server wheels is absurd.

Edited by SJ SCP Wolf, 03 March 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#4 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

A week of premium time is $6. Cry me a freakin' river. I bought 4 7-day codes in February and gave them away on my Twitch channel as a promo. If you can't justify the premium time or scare up 22 other guys to spectate your 1v1 than that's just too bad.

I'm not hating on you for wanting to 1v1 without premium, but I don't have any sympathy for you either.

Edited by Escef, 03 March 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#5 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

You wear a clan tag. You know darn well then, that trials are 1v1. Forcing a 24 man requirement, because PGI refuses to pay for a few more hamsters to spin the server wheels is absurd.

What kind of trials? Not all trials are 1 v 1.

Also, fight club! get 23 of your mates on a private match, make a 2 km circle, 2 mechs enter, one mech leaves!

#6 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

You can still have a Trial with 12 Clan-mates, you just have 10 witnesses to the proceedings. If you wanted to you could even have the other 10 mechs form the trial circle ;)

#7 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostEscef, on 03 March 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

A week of premium time is $6. Cry me a freakin' river. I bought 4 7-day codes in February and gave them away on my Twitch channel as a promo. If you can't justify the premium time or scare up 22 other guys to spectate your 1v1 than that's just too bad.

I'm not hating on you for wanting to 1v1 without premium, but I don't have any sympathy for you either.

6 dollars x 52 weeks is 312 dollars for one person. How many other games do you commit that much money to in a year? You want to pay that for 15 EACH to be able to 1v1? It's a bloody bad joke. We've paid these jokers enough and they continue to gouge us at every chance because sheeple like you think what they are doing is ok.

#8 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Really PGI? In order for my clan to have any kind of 1v1 trials or practice for them we have to have everyone buy premium time? Are you kidding me? The hundreds and thousands of dollars we have already spent, on hero mechs, clan mechs, on premium time already is not enough? Should I just PM Russ my routing and account numbers so he can withdraw from my account at his leisure? I have put up with a lot of your monetization of my cherished childhood universe, come on man.

Before you start white whales, we pay 60 dollars for full retail games, with dedicated server support and continued patches, so don't try to play this off like we are not supporting the game. This is gouginng the customer base to the nth degree.

They're giving away free premium time like every other weekend. Just time your events better

#9 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

View Poststratagos, on 03 March 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

They're giving away free premium time like every other weekend. Just time your events better

This isn't about events. It's about training new people. Having trials for existing members. We are a small group. Not even 24 in number. Forcing pay to play private matches is insane.

I'd rather pay a steady 10-15 a month for access to everything than this insane expense. Never in my personal history of playing mplayer online games have I had to commit hundreds of dollars annually to have fun.

Edited by SJ SCP Wolf, 03 March 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#10 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

have 12, 1V1 fights.

#11 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

6 dollars x 52 weeks is 312 dollars for one person. How many other games do you commit that much money to in a year? You want to pay that for 15 EACH to be able to 1v1? It's a bloody bad joke. We've paid these jokers enough and they continue to gouge us at every chance because sheeple like you think what they are doing is ok.

A 360-day premium time code is $104 in the gift shop. You did not do your research.

Also, I have found that people that call others "sheep" or "sheeple" for disagreeing with them are some of the dumbest mother f***ers around. Congrats, NOW you have earned my disdain.

#12 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Wow....this about 1 year late.

#13 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostAdamBaines, on 03 March 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Wow....this about 1 year late.

We have been away from the game for about 15 months. This is a rather new revelation for me and my guys.

View PostEscef, on 03 March 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

A 360-day premium time code is $104 in the gift shop. You did not do your research.

Also, I have found that people that call others "sheep" or "sheeple" for disagreeing with them are some of the dumbest mother f***ers around. Congrats, NOW you have earned my disdain.

So I should ask my members who have already invested a few hundred already to add another 104 dollars in expenses to their budgets just to play a game they have effectively already paid for several times over? Makes sense. 60 dollars is the going rate for a complete game, with dedicated support. They are holding us hostage by forcing us to use their private servers and you think this is ok? You're kidding me right.

#14 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

Wait, hold up. You're evaluating players in a team-based positioning heavy game by how well they preform in 1v1 brawling scenarios and not on things like coordination, callouts, and effective teamplay?

#15 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostEvan20k, on 03 March 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

Wait, hold up. You're evaluating players in a team-based positioning heavy game by how well they preform in 1v1 brawling scenarios and not on things like coordination, callouts, and effective teamplay?

Negative. Trials are for rank or training, or the settling of grievance or just for plain fun within the clan unit. A tradition based in lore that units going back as far as table top have used in the clans. In every previous incarnation of Mechwarrior this has been possible. Without having to pay for it on top of your already invested cost. This should be a privilege wrapped into a revenue per account not a pay to play week by week or annually.

Edited by SJ SCP Wolf, 03 March 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#16 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostEvan20k, on 03 March 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

He's role playing?

#17 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

Surprised nobody noticed this from the OP:

In order for my clan to have any kind of 1v1 trials or practice for them we have to have everyone buy premium time?

You don't need 24 players. You don't need 12. You don't need to have everybody run premium time.

All you need are 2 total players with premium time. One per team.

Edited by Aresye, 03 March 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#18 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 03 March 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

He's role playing?

Exactly. We play this game based on three lances in CW. Private matches in say a 5v5 setting allow for the evaluation of an aspiring lance lead. So to the point of the poster a few above this, yes it can be and has been used in the past for player evaluation. It is not solely limited to 1v1.

View PostAresye, on 03 March 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Surprised nobody noticed this from the OP:

You don't need 24 players. You don't need 12. You don't need everybody run premium time.

All you need are 2 total players with premium time. One per team.

And for every time those players are not available others have to step up to pay the bill. Coming from you, a previous MWLL player I expected better.

Edited by SJ SCP Wolf, 03 March 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#19 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

You're kidding me right.

No, I'm not. I used to play City of Heroes, that was $15/month. Most MMOs were around that price point before the F2P/microtransaction movement occurred. Cry me a damn river, punk.

#20 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostEscef, on 03 March 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

No, I'm not. I used to play City of Heroes, that was $15/month. Most MMOs were around that price point before the F2P/microtransaction movement occurred. Cry me a damn river, punk.

I'd rather pay that, than what these people are expecting us to pay. We pay less for complete games plus DLC. With things like private lobbies bundled in the cost. Your City of Heroes experience does not translate to this any better than my 6 years paying for WOW.

edit: To better clarify, my sub for wow paid for huge content expansions. To better level the analogy it would be like having to toss Blizzard 100 extra dollars on top the expansion and sub cost for each content patch afterwards. Want to play arena season 1? That will be 50 dollars, Season 2? Another 50 dollars.

If PGI charged say I dunno, 30 dollars a month for a 24 slot sever that you could use at your leisure, I would call that reasonable.

Edited by SJ SCP Wolf, 03 March 2015 - 06:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users