#41 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostGamuray, on 03 March 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Making money and maintaining control? Please, they make more money a day than one-time purchase games did 5 years after launch, and they still provides private server service. An trust be, they didn't lose money doing it or they wouldn't have done it. And maintaining control? Over what? Over people being able to play against just their friends? People being able to teach their friends outside of normal brutal combat? People being able to host a server where the setup is more fun than normal que's (oops)?

The only close to valid reason they have to charge for private servers is greed. And that's arguably still an invalid reason. If it was a couple people running the game from their house they'd have an excuse, but they also wouldn't have made the game an MMO. PGI is a game company who has chosen to make a MMO game that is Free to play. But has turned the free-to-play into, "Free to play against strangers, pay to play against friends (when you want to, one has no say in a random matchup against someone you know)" <-And that is just wrong. It's an unnecessary fee, and it's been a free provided feature for multiplayer games for a LONG time.

I'm going to turn your argument over it's head ...

Demanding something for free from a business trying to make money can also be considered greed, with a heavy dose of entitlement added for good measure.

#42 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Training?
You mean PUG play?

#43 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

This topic is Soooooooooo 2014.

Besides, they hand out premium time just about every single weekend. Its usually the first tier reward for a challenge. Save your RP for after a challenge weekend.

#44 Jaeger Gonzo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

If anything, one premium should be enough.

#45 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

Wait for the next challenge weekend and unlock the usual 3 days of free premium time ( 3 qualifying matches in the last challenges ).

The problem with PT is if you have a lot of it banked, the smaller ammount you can activate is 1 month, i feel like most of that month is wasted. A week at a time would be nice, but...

#46 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

In the UK, WoW charges a subscription rate of £8.70 a month. So £7ish per month for premium time is reasonable if you consider it a subscription. Enhanced features, such as private matches, are exactly the sort of thing that it should unlock. Far better this sort of content than pay to win options.

Of course PGI have made other purchase options available to us. But, whale behaviour is buying packs and heroes etc, not investing in premium time and it's hardly PGIs fault if you chose to spend your subscription money on those things first.

More players investing in premium time would also stabilise PGIs income, relative to the boom and bust of mech packs.

If you're still not convinced and $60 is all you're willing to spend on a game, those options exist out there if you want. Simply vote with your wallet.

#47 Empyrrean

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

>there are people who actually defend and accept this

You people are the cancer killing games. I don't understand how you all can be so patheticly stupid.

Edited by Empyrrean, 04 March 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#48 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostEmpyrrean, on 04 March 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

You people are the cancer killing games. I don't understand how you all can be so patheticly stupid.

yes i argee, i dont understand it either.

also why does this take server space? why cant i just host my own games?

#49 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

The lack of a normal, easy, free 1vs1 is terrible. If we had that, training would be possible...you know, new player experience..
We had that in MPBT:Solaris , a 1997. game!!!

The idea that we should have 12vs12 to do free 1vs1 trials is also terrible.

PGI , please reduce premium requirement to just one player. That way a paying customer like me can train,recruit and coerce new players into playing this game.

#50 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

they could have taken any of these options.

1. make it free. on pgi servers

2. make it free but leader has to host himself

3. give it a c-bill cost and give the option to pay with mc for a low price (mc price being a nice discount to the c-bill price)

but serieusly why ist free in the first place?

#51 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Really PGI? In order for my clan to have any kind of 1v1 trials or practice for them we have to have everyone buy premium time? Are you kidding me? The hundreds and thousands of dollars we have already spent, on hero mechs, clan mechs, on premium time already is not enough? Should I just PM Russ my routing and account numbers so he can withdraw from my account at his leisure? I have put up with a lot of your monetization of my cherished childhood universe, come on man.

Before you start white whales, we pay 60 dollars for full retail games, with dedicated server support and continued patches, so don't try to play this off like we are not supporting the game. This is gouginng the customer base to the nth degree.

build a bridge and get over it.

#52 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:54 AM

I don't understand the hostility against SJ SCP Wolf. There are other F2P games that offer free private matches (Warthunder). That's because Warthunder has much more content and offers CO-OP (PvE) campaigns as a premium.

MWO has no real content except mechs, therefore PGI has to charge even for a training mode. Imagine a new person that only started playing the game joins your unit. The only option to train him/her is to play in the group queue (where he/she will face optimized meta-builds and hardcore 12-mans) or to pay for a private match.

Edited by Kmieciu, 04 March 2015 - 12:54 AM.

#53 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostEmpyrrean, on 04 March 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

View Postmark v92, on 04 March 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

yes i argee, i dont understand it either.

also why does this take server space? why cant i just host my own games?

View PostDagon Zur, on 04 March 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

The lack of a normal, easy, free 1vs1 is terrible. If we had that, training would be possible...you know, new player experience..
We had that in MPBT:Solaris , a 1997. game!!!

The idea that we should have 12vs12 to do free 1vs1 trials is also terrible.

PGI , please reduce premium requirement to just one player. That way a paying customer like me can train,recruit and coerce new players into playing this game.

View Postmark v92, on 04 March 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

they could have taken any of these options.

1. make it free. on pgi servers

2. make it free but leader has to host himself

3. give it a c-bill cost and give the option to pay with mc for a low price (mc price being a nice discount to the c-bill price)

but serieusly why ist free in the first place?

View PostKmieciu, on 04 March 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

I don't understand the hostility against SJ SCP Wolf. There are other F2P games that offer free private matches (Warthunder). That's because Warthunder has much more content and offers CO-OP (PvE) campaigns as a premium.

MWO has no real content except mechs, therefore PGI has to charge even for a training mode. Imagine a new person that only started playing the game joins your unit. The only option to train him/her is to play in the group queue (where he/she will face optimized meta-builds and hardcore 12-mans) or to pay for a private match.

Posted Image

#54 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 March 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

great discussion man!

#55 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

Just wait until the OP finds out about consumables and 3PV

#56 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

View Postmark v92, on 04 March 2015 - 01:10 AM, said:

great discussion man!

Posted Image

#57 Empyrrean

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

Typical gold

#58 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:17 AM

Do you know that PGI sells high MC packs and 12-6 months Premium time packs with a huge discount one or two times every year? Also, they often give away free premium time during challanges.

I understant the rant of the OP but really, have you tried other F2P games such as WoT where you couldn't even create a platoon of 3 (instead of 2, wow!) without paying?

That's the pro and cons of the F2P model: everything has a price, but at least you can choose exactly what you want to pay.

#59 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:20 AM

I get the feeling this is going to be news to some people but F2P and B2P usually costs more than sub games for the paying player.

#60 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:21 AM

View PostEmpyrrean, on 04 March 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

Typical gold

I lol'd.
Get over yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic