• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 March 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

You cant talk sense into these guys Joe. Its like bashing your head into a brick wall.

I have bent steel warehouse racks with my head (for real) A brick wall doesn't stand a chance. ;) :lol:

#82 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:39 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 March 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

You cant talk sense into these guys Joe. Its like bashing your head into a brick wall.

wish i could talk sense into you aswell but thats not going to happen

#83 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:43 AM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

This isn't about events. It's about training new people. Having trials for existing members. We are a small group. Not even 24 in number. Forcing pay to play private matches is insane.

I'd rather pay a steady 10-15 a month for access to everything than this insane expense. Never in my personal history of playing mplayer online games have I had to commit hundreds of dollars annually to have fun.

Welp, you can't. Too bad. See ya!

#84 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostEmpyrrean, on 04 March 2015 - 02:39 AM, said:

I know you're in denial, but you just described everyone who's dumb enough to defend this setup. it's unfathomably sad you're too blind to realize this. Stockholm Syndrome at its worst.

It's called the rules. It has been the rules since Private matches was introduced. Now, Since PGI is the GM, you have the right to pitch your desired rule changes, but they have the right to say, "No". as the player you then have teh right to continue to play by the rules or walk away.

There is no denial involved. It is how the system works.

#85 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

View Postmark v92, on 04 March 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

i commented on private matches being behind a paywall when they could simply make you host your own games and not use the pgi's server.

Because that would essentially mean, that they have given their server code out of their hand and by that effectivly self sabotaged their business model. Fantastic idea for a free to play game that needs micropayments to stay alive. Not to mention, that it will open the flood gates to cheating on those privatly hosted games.

This is not your run of the mill, pay once play a while game. This is a free to play game that has to monetize something to stay in business. In this case, early access, hero mechs, premium time and private matches.

Do you know why the old MW games are no longer capable of running in an internet multiplayer game? The services that provided that functionality got closed down. Because it wasn't profitable anymore. They couldn't monetize the multiplayer games, because the players payed for the retail game, the deals with the publishers and development studios ran out and advertisment alone didn't keep the servers running.

If you want all the bells and whistles and run your roleplay the way you want (why don't you include a few more units from your clan to make it a big event?), you have to realize that you will come to a point where you have to pay something.

Edited by Egomane, 04 March 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#86 Empyrrean

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 March 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

It's called the rules. It has been the rules since Private matches was introduced. Now, Since PGI is the GM, you have the right to pitch your desired rule changes, but they have the right to say, "No". as the player you then have teh right to continue to play by the rules or walk away.

There is no denial involved. It is how the system works.

You're absolutely right. I personally am not effected by this setup since I don't care about private matches. I do, however, disagree with it, and I'm baffled that people are defending it. It's one thing if you're neutral on the subject, but you people are basically saying "I want to you to take my money!" Why would ANYONE want that? You say it's because you want to support the game? Well there are other things to buy! Stop berating people for wanting a basic feature to be available to everyone free of charge when the game already has plenty of other premium content.

#87 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

View PostEmpyrrean, on 04 March 2015 - 03:03 AM, said:

You're absolutely right. I personally am not effected by this setup since I don't care about private matches. I do, however, disagree with it, and I'm baffled that people are defending it. It's one thing if you're neutral on the subject, but you people are basically saying "I want to you to take my money!" Why would ANYONE want that? You say it's because you want to support the game? Well there are other things to buy! Stop berating people for wanting a basic feature to be available to everyone free of charge when the game already has plenty of other premium content.

It is free, so long as you have 24 players. That is the rule. You can disagree with it if you wish. But that is how it works here. If PGI changes that rule fine. IF there was no way to have free private matches I might agree with you. But there is a way. PGI has monetized "CUSTOM" Private matches.

And when I do decide to berate someone, you can believe the mods here WILL kick me off teh forums. ;)

#88 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

At the end of the day a server has to eat, you wanna play on it then feed it.

#89 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:16 AM

"I want a coke, but they are charging money for it! what BS!!!"

"actually, the price is pretty cheap, and you could always just share one with a friend for half the price. plus keep in mind, it's a business and they have to make money somehow."

"I'm baffled that people are defending it. It's one thing if you're neutral on the subject, but you people are basically saying "I want to you to take my money!" Why would ANYONE want that? "

#90 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:20 AM

Paying for custom private matches it's rubbish.

It's something that has, pretty much, always been free in any other game: Starcraft, DOTA, LOL, just to name a few.

#91 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:21 AM

Some people like pay tv and pay 60 bucks a month for it ( im not into tv I wouldn't pay that for it ) I like mech warrior and have done since activisions mw2 and gbl.

Not so long ago I joined up here, in that time for what I've spent its way below the average pay tv cost and iv spent more time at it than I would watching tv.

I don't see a problem.

#92 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

Private matches are a benefit of having Premium Time.
+50% CBill is a benefit of having Premium Time.

If you want these benefits get Premium Time.

It keeps the heating on!

Cheers

Codestar

#93 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:27 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 04 March 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

"I want a coke, but they are charging money for it! what BS!!!"

"actually, the price is pretty cheap, and you could always just share one with a friend for half the price. plus keep in mind, it's a business and they have to make money somehow."

"I'm baffled that people are defending it. It's one thing if you're neutral on the subject, but you people are basically saying "I want to you to take my money!" Why would ANYONE want that? "

Some restaurants charge for pop refills, some don't. Do you complain when you have to pay for a refill or just do without when the place charges?

#94 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:28 AM

I agree that PGI charge too much generally, but I can explain why private matches cost you to play. If you're a free player you 'pay' by being the game content when you play- the paying players have enough people to shoot at and make a MM work. In a small private match you're not contributing in that way so you have to be paying a certain amount to do it.

Personally I think it would be a nice gesture if spending over a certain total amount unlocked an account status giving you access to things like private matches without having premium time running.

#95 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

I like your thinking Otto, I just know there would be outcry cause "they are getting something I dont get!"

#96 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:37 AM

I wouldn't cry publicly if some poor sod grinding f2p was there for me to rip apart in my p2w ac2 yenlo lol...

Perhaps if a number of private match ( tokens if you want to call them that ) could be earned by playing ( grinding if you want to call it that ) so many hours a month ?

#97 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:42 AM

View Postsneeking, on 04 March 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

I wouldn't cry publicly if some poor sod grinding f2p was there for me to rip apart in my p2w ac2 yenlo lol...

Perhaps if a number of private match ( tokens if you want to call them that ) could be earned by playing ( grinding if you want to call it that ) so many hours a month ?

c-bills for example!

View PostTaffer, on 04 March 2015 - 02:30 AM, said:

Why does it cost money for 2 or 3 people but 24 is free? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Personally, I don't have 23 friends that play anything together. I have 2 that would like to duel me in MWO, but we can't. None of us can be bothered to buy 'premium time' to duel each other now and then. MAYBE if premium time was something we could turn on and off so it's not so easily wasted.

I agree with this. After all, you don't get any c-bilss bonuses from the matches

#98 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostTaffer, on 04 March 2015 - 02:30 AM, said:

Why does it cost money for 2 or 3 people but 24 is free? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Personally, I don't have 23 friends that play anything together. I have 2 that would like to duel me in MWO, but we can't. None of us can be bothered to buy 'premium time' to duel each other now and then. MAYBE if premium time was something we could turn on and off so it's not so easily wasted.

Cause you are modifying the normal settings i would think. You can play 12 on 12 free but if you want to change teh match duration, control the landscape, or number of players.... That is a "premium" ability.

#99 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:46 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 March 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

Some restaurants charge for pop refills, some don't. Do you complain when you have to pay for a refill or just do without when the place charges?

obviously I throw a temper tantrum and fling my plate at the waitress.

#100 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

I like the tokens for hours idea more than purchase for cbills, tokens could only be earned by playing in solo ( pugs que ) in any of its game modes.

Stimulates server activity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users