• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 04 March 2015 - 03:46 AM, said:

obviously I throw a temper tantrum and fling my plate at the waitress.

I didn't know you were a Gypsy child! :huh:

I have seen worse behavior when I was a waiter. :rolleyes:

#102 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:53 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 04 March 2015 - 03:46 AM, said:

obviously I throw a temper tantrum and fling my plate at the waitress.

Acceptable behavior in every online restaurant I know, how's it go for ya in a real one ?

#103 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:55 AM

View Postsneeking, on 04 March 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

Acceptable behavior in every online restaurant I know, how's it go for ya in a real one ?

I have seen children allowed to run through a restaurant unchecked. I once had to "order" a child to "SIT" cause he was trying to grab drinks off my serving tray.

#104 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

View Postsneeking, on 04 March 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

well I only eat at Taco Bell, so it goes over alright.

#105 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 March 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

I have seen children allowed to run through a restaurant unchecked. I once had to "order" a child to "SIT" cause he was trying to grab drinks off my serving tray.

I couldn't deal with that ( im not blessed with people skills ) it is fortunate that I spend my days confined to my truck where if the windows stay up and the music stays loud nobody will be offended unless they can lip read ;)

#106 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

I work in a Machine Shop now... My blood pressure stabilized ever since! :lol:

#107 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 March 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

Because that would essentially mean, that they have given their server code out of their hand and by that effectivly self sabotaged their business model. Fantastic idea for a free to play game that needs micropayments to stay alive. Not to mention, that it will open the flood gates to cheating on those privatly hosted games.

This is not your run of the mill, pay once play a while game. This is a free to play game that has to monetize something to stay in business. In this case, early access, hero mechs, premium time and private matches.

Do you know why the old MW games are no longer capable of running in an internet multiplayer game? The services that provided that functionality got closed down. Because it wasn't profitable anymore. They couldn't monetize the multiplayer games, because the players payed for the retail game, the deals with the publishers and development studios ran out and advertisment alone didn't keep the servers running.

If you want all the bells and whistles and run your roleplay the way you want (why don't you include a few more units from your clan to make it a big event?), you have to realize that you will come to a point where you have to pay something.

in reply on that last part: i spend money on the game. around 100$. more than i would on other games. no regrets.

im fine with hero mechs, cosmetics, early access and premium time.

cheating? yes cheating is bad. but, its a private match so thats the choice those players make. nobody else is bothered by it.

what about cheating in tournaments i hear you say. well, i propose a system in which the player can choose to use pgi servers or not.

local private match: free and you are the one who hosts the game. (might be prone to cheating)
server private match: cost MC to setup and pgi's server will host it for you and will check for cheating.

View Postsneeking, on 04 March 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

At the end of the day a server has to eat, you wanna play on it then feed it.

they should just give us the option of not playing via the server. host it local

#108 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 04 March 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

"I want a coke, but they are charging money for it! what BS!!!"

"actually, the price is pretty cheap, and you could always just share one with a friend for half the price. plus keep in mind, it's a business and they have to make money somehow."

"I'm baffled that people are defending it. It's one thing if you're neutral on the subject, but you people are basically saying "I want to you to take my money!" Why would ANYONE want that? "

By your logic they should charge us for Public Matches and CW. By your logic, you'd happily pay for that. You sure you want to walk down that road?

#109 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

I used to pay near $300 a month to support Battlefield servers for my comp team. This thread makes me laugh.... I like how PGI did it since it doesn't affect the pubs or F2P base.

Edited by Creovex, 04 March 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#110 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

View Postmark v92, on 04 March 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

they should just give us the option of not playing via the server. host it local

You keep ignoring the fact that they would potentially kill their business with this. How do you suppose to counterbalance that?

If they give ther server code into player hands, it can be reverse engineered. It will be easy to setup your own private MWO world with all the mechs you ever wanted and PGI not seeing a single cent for it. This would of course be shared through the usual file sharing sites, cutting even deeper in PGI's ability to make money.

So no... they should not do that. A bad idea remains bad, no matter how often you repeat it!

#111 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 04 March 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

By your logic they should charge us for Public Matches and CW.

By my logic, paying for private matches is one of the things that enables them to have free public matches and a free to play game.

#112 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:47 AM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 04 March 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

By your logic they should charge us for Public Matches and CW. By your logic, you'd happily pay for that. You sure you want to walk down that road?

They are essentially charging you for playing public matches and CW. You become content for other gamers the moment you do. You are paying with your time and effort.

You are no such content in a private match! You are only a burden to the servers and therfore to the rest of the playerbase, while going for your own private fun.

Edited by Egomane, 04 March 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#113 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Really PGI? In order for my clan to have any kind of 1v1 trials or practice for them we have to have everyone buy premium time? Are you kidding me? The hundreds and thousands of dollars we have already spent, on hero mechs, clan mechs, on premium time already is not enough? Should I just PM Russ my routing and account numbers so he can withdraw from my account at his leisure? I have put up with a lot of your monetization of my cherished childhood universe, come on man.

Before you start white whales, we pay 60 dollars for full retail games, with dedicated server support and continued patches, so don't try to play this off like we are not supporting the game. This is gouginng the customer base to the nth degree.

The $60 operation works because everyone pays the same amount, regardless of the content they do or don't consume. So someone who clocks up 50 hours of game pays the same amount as someone who pays 500 or 5000. That's the business model and what players agree to when they sign up

In a freemium/micro-transaction game you pay nothing for the basic game and then you pay something for the extras. That's the business model and what players agree to when they sign up

Now, if you think PGI should put in an "X, Y, Z free once you spend $$$" then petition them for it (as that's your actual argument). But otherwise don't go insisting you and everyone else should get an exclusive game environment (which is server time, which becomes a rapidly multiplying and harder to budget cost) for free because you suddenly don't like having to pay for one bit of content that you clearly consider to be "must have"

#114 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostGamuray, on 03 March 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

No. I assure you, that the servers would stay up just as well even if private matches were free.

Hang on, so you're saying that making a super shinny, server intensive (each instance has a base server 'cost', so if you had 12 1v1 matches you are looking at more 'cost' than 1 12v12 match), and private part of the game free that would help keep the servers up?
Because servers are paid for by wizard-awesome-matches??

#115 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostEgomane, on 04 March 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

You keep ignoring the fact that they would potentially kill their business with this. How do you suppose to counterbalance that?

If they give ther server code into player hands, it can be reverse engineered. It will be easy to setup your own private MWO world with all the mechs you ever wanted and PGI not seeing a single cent for it. This would of course be shared through the usual file sharing sites, cutting even deeper in PGI's ability to make money.

So no... they should not do that. A bad idea remains bad, no matter how often you repeat it!

lol no not by a long shot. would be surprised if private matches are making more as 4% of the total sales

even if people manage to get this game how are they going to play it? set up a match via hamachi or something? its a multiplayer game. nobody will do this other than screw around for a few hours. also make it mandatory to be online.
nobody will crack a f2p game to only play with 4 friends.

#116 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

You only need 2 people with PT. So if two who do not have PT want to, just do a 2v2 or 1v3 and the two PT people can go sight seeing....

#117 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostSJ SCP Wolf, on 03 March 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

We have been away from the game for about 15 months. This is a rather new revelation for me and my guys.

So I should ask my members who have already invested a few hundred already to add another 104 dollars in expenses to their budgets just to play a game they have effectively already paid for several times over? Makes sense. 60 dollars is the going rate for a complete game, with dedicated support. They are holding us hostage by forcing us to use their private servers and you think this is ok? You're kidding me right.

Oh dear sweet baby mecha jeebus brofisting Allah.Please stop the planet, i want off the shortbus now.

In seriousness however, I would like you to consider the math. Yes, I'm going to ask you to math. So here goes.
For every 1v1 Private Match, there are 22 other players denied server space.
So how many players are being denied a match if you get say, 13 of your clanmates into 1v1s?

The Premium requirement is there so that we actually have server space to kick matches off at ALL in the public queues.
Imagine if it were 100% free, and just 10 Units kick off 50 1v1 matches at once.
Just how much do you think Hamster Food actually is? That **** is expensive![/color]

Edited by Reitrix, 04 March 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#118 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

View Postmark v92, on 04 March 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

lol no not by a long shot. would be surprised if private matches are making more as 4% of the total sales

even if people manage to get this game how are they going to play it? set up a match via hamachi or something? its a multiplayer game. nobody will do this other than screw around for a few hours. also make it mandatory to be online.
nobody will crack a f2p game to only play with 4 friends.
Says who?

#119 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostEmpyrrean, on 04 March 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

Typical gold

View PostEmpyrrean, on 04 March 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

"What? I thought it was perfectly normal and acceptable to bend over and the let the PIG have its way with my ****!"

-Golds

Translation: I have no argument left so I will use the person's Founder status.

Edited by Mystere, 04 March 2015 - 05:53 AM.

#120 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 March 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

Some restaurants charge for pop refills, some don't. Do you complain when you have to pay for a refill or just do without when the place charges?

Heck. Some restaurants offer unlimited mimosas, bellinnis, and Bloody Mary's as part of their brunch menus. The quality of the champagne used by the best restaurants is also not something to sneeze at.

Therefore, I demand that all restaurants do the same, and not via cheap bubbly. :rolleyes:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users