62 replies to this topic

#1 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:20 AM

Posted Image

Hello Free World League citizens!

As all you know, Davion have no power now to seriosly resist Liao and Marik.
We are tired from ghost- and pug-drops, so we have decided to make a corridor to DC and then to CSJ or CGB. But we have a ceasefire with Mariks. And Mariks have captured a lot of Liao northern planets.
Because all of this, we have made a proposition:

1. If main Marik's units do not mind, and if we become a chance to attack our norther planets - we will attack them, and Mariks should not prevent us from this.
2. We must not to attack any Mariks planets which are west and north-west from our capitol world SIan.
3. We will do this attacks until we reach DC space.
4. If we cut Mariks from Davions, after we reach DC, Mariks will allow to make a corridor to Davions throught our territory, and we will not prevent em. Even if for this corridor they will need our key planets like Liao and Tikonov.
5. This way we became an wormhole-island in the DC space, and can continue to deal with Kurita to make an invasion into Clan space.

I hope this is acceptable to everyone.

Liao discussion with some Marik's leaders is in this thread.

And today we have began northern invasion from Davions planet Keifeng.

So i ask all Mariks head leaders to confirm this deal.

#2 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

Gonta,

Thanks for the proposal, and I have made a response on your threads.

Let us discuss this....and may I request all this is discussed OUT IN THE OPEN, for everybody to see. There will be no secrets. If you can, create a specific thread on this proposal on your Liao section, and I am sure terms can be agreed upon very seamlessly.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

I would vote to allow Liao to move north. It would be fun to get a few training battles in on the way too.

#4 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

Here is new thread
Here is thread in Marik section.

#5 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

I have no problems with this proposal, and would very much like to see Liao get into the bigger fight. They've been very honorable to Marik and have done a great job watching our right flank and rear.

#6 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

Interested in this apparent breaking of Kurita and Liao's alliance to declare war on the DC. Is this someone from Liao command or just a unit leader?

#7 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:33 AM

We have no desire to declare war on the Combine. We would like to be able to find a rational way to move north through the old 4th Succession War border to give another attack vector from the IS to the Clans- and if it can be better done by wiggling a bit to one side and taking Steiner worlds instead, I would greatly prefer it.

If we cannot do so without making the Combine uncomfortable, alternatives must be found. The Confederation would prefer to remain the secure border for both of it's larger neighbors and their partner in removing the Federated Suns from vexing everyone involved.

#8 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

Work with Kurita to try to open another Clan front in their space?

Because that worked so well for us that you want to try it?

#9 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

Reposted here:

We're listening, but aren't too concerned.

Some points I want to make.

#1 - The Wormhole thing doesn't work. Kurita / Marik relations have suffered for it.
#2 - We proposed a similar plan to Davion while we were trying to get the ceasefire going and TCAF would not respect that, causing the talks to go south.
#3 - Some of us are already fighting the clans on the DC and FRR borders as per the agreement with the nSL.
#4 - We won't do anything when we get to Kurita space except maybe try to get to Steiner / Clan space. We won't be attacking Kurita under any circumstance.
#5 - TCAF and the other solo / tiny unit Liao finally got bored of Dav ghost drops? HLGK got bored of that months ago.
#6 - What else needs to be said? We're on a path now, and unless some solidarity is shown beyond what HLGK has tried (and got spat upon for) doing I can't say we're up for trying to wrangle Liao warriors who only want to solo drop vs ghost turrets.

#10 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

Glad to have a bit more clarity on these points. In my opinion, this ball is now in PGI's court. As Zvolimir has stated, the wormhole does not work with the current algorithm and Liao would just be circling Terra without going anywhere near the clans. Something needs to be altered so that the southern houses can contribute to the clan front directly.

#11 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

Units need to be able to use the Coffers to 'buy' attack lanes outside their usual ones.

#12 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Liao has some great units and great players. I would argue that Liao's reputation out of all the IS Houses is the most sterling- successful, humble, and honorable. They have more than earned a greater share of CW. I support any effort for them to gain additional attack lanes. That they have played for 70+ days against a single opponent without any (public at least) complaint is a noteworthy feat in itself. ;)

#13 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

I've heard several interesting ideas on northern attack lanes. I've seen suggestions that southern houses be able to do limited allied deployments out of northern house worlds. I've seen suggestions that a small number of Comstar worlds dot the map from which any IS house can launch offensives (basically, as Clans push and border them, attack lanes open from them). Putting in a money mechanic is an interesting idea, too. Whatever PGI does, hopefully relations in the IS stay at least workable enough that we can coordinate and counter the clan pushes.

Edited by Catamount, 26 February 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#14 Mhuur

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDayr Khuna (Oregon, USA)

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

But if the CC is bored of ghost drops, and can dedicate two full companies to a northern FWL-controlled planet, perhaps we could enjoy some skirmishes, for the sake of fun and sportsmanship (if it doesn't over-complicate things? Open and clear communication about this would be ideal.

Respect to the CC!

#15 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Liao has been nothing but cool with FWLM for a long time now. My voice doesn't mean much, but I certainty support this.

#16 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

I'm more for Organized War Games. (CW Matches with Marik units). Perhaps like once a week for 24 hours we(Liao) attack Scarborough. Then a Week later we(Liao) Defend against a Marik attack. 1 Week cycles could be a way to Scrimmage without Violation of the NAP.

#17 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostDavers, on 26 February 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

Units need to be able to use the Coffers to 'buy' attack lanes outside their usual ones.

Brilliant...killing two birds with one stone

#18 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 26 February 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Brilliant...killing two birds with one stone

You have to remember that clans would scream bloody murder to be able to do this as well. We could end up with all four clans driving a single attack lane through a faction such as steiner or kurita. The last thing we need to do is give them more planets to attack. Look at whats happening to FRR right now. They are being eaten alive even with substantial merc help. I fear buying attack lanes would just speed up the clans progress towards Terra. Also a large merc group such as MS could afford to buy multiple attack lanes stretching our already outnumbered forces even thinner.

#19 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 26 February 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

You have to remember that clans would scream bloody murder to be able to do this as well. We could end up with all four clans driving a single attack lane through a faction such as steiner or kurita. The last thing we need to do is give them more planets to attack. Look at whats happening to FRR right now. They are being eaten alive even with substantial merc help. I fear buying attack lanes would just speed up the clans progress towards Terra. Also a large merc group such as MS could afford to buy multiple attack lanes stretching our already outnumbered forces even thinner.

It would be diverging from lore, true. But maybe only Permanent units could buy them?

#20 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostStingr4y, on 26 February 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

Gonta,

Thanks for the proposal, and I have made a response on your threads.

Let us discuss this....and may I request all this is discussed OUT IN THE OPEN, for everybody to see. There will be no secrets. If you can, create a specific thread on this proposal on your Liao section, and I am sure terms can be agreed upon very seamlessly.

In all seriousness - with you on board Stingray and the mature way this proposal was presented - I like where this is going.

You and Gonta get a +1 from me.

J2L

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users