Adder Up Event Feb 27Th To Mar 2Nd

453 replies to this topic

#21 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Why can't I never just make 2 Assists, instead of a Kill+Assists for that 1 point..?

I really hate that stupid motto, which goes around in my head every event-weekends..

"I need a kill!.. Let me a kill!.. I need a kill!.. Let me a kill!.. "I need a kill!.." :angry:

Hell! I want a rule, which don't blow up my peacefull playstyle!

#22 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostDimitry Matveyev, on 26 February 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

With 50 games min. to win a mech - I'd say nothing have changed.

LOL why do you not try a WoT or a War Thunder challenge and THEN come back and ***** about PGI. You know something son your one of those that PGI will never be able to please because you will ***** and whine like a little girl no matter what they do.

For the past 3 or so months the players have been saying remove the "Win" condition and then the thing would be "fair" and when they do things like you still cry, so why are you still here if you do not like it here, jeeze there is no pleasing some guys.

#23 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

And there goes CW population again...

#24 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Hey! Wait a minute...I'm an IS pilot. What would I do with an Adder?!

#25 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

Any chance you could make this NOT valid in CW...but allow us to count multiple kills/assists per game? That'd be nice. :)

#26 PheonixStorm

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

meh.. think I'd rather just grind the c-bills and buy the adder. The 3 days of premium time on the other hand.. will try for that at least. Would have been nicer if I just had to win 50 matches. That at least I know I can do over the weekend.

#27 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

May I ask why you have added a colour to the rewards( not complaining "free camo colour" sweet ^^), it just seems unusual because that's quite a prize for F2p players there.

#28 Kev Rosse

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostHyper99, on 26 February 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Sell it and buy 2 IS light mechs! (Really- we're going to complain about which Mech PGI is offering to give you for FREE? I guess it's no different than the clan players who were wining about IS mechs being given out in the last 3 challenges... but can't we look on the positive side here?)

PGI, THANK YOU very much for listening to the community and being willing to try something new! It's customer care like this that makes me feel a little bit better about the $$$ I keep giving you for each new collection. I wish I felt nearly as good about most of the other people I wind up paying my money to (like the IRS or Wal-Mart.)

#29 Cab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

i wonder how many disconnects we will see during this event after s.o. has 1 kill and 1 assist :D

#30 TFun90

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

As someone who works/has a life on weekends, yay, another weekend tournament. There's a reason comp matches mainly take place mon-thurs evenings, guys...

Edited by Calico Lobster, 26 February 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#31 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostFoxfire kadrpg, on 26 February 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

PGI, you've been doing an OUTSTANDING job since escaping the clutches of IGP,

but I'm starting to think that the trend is eventually going to lead to a contest where the single requirement is 'show up'.

Either way. Thanks. A new mech is always a worthy objective.

last year we had some much easier "tournouments" win 5 matches for a Centurain CN9-A(c), and 2 month later win 5 for a Thunderbolt TDR-9S, anyone who wanted those Mechs and could spare a few hours between Friday and Tuesday got them.

#32 Redoxin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostPPO Kuro, on 26 February 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

OK...so, let me get this straight, you get a 'free' mech and you still complain....wth is wrong with you.... :huh:

That is not necessarily a complaint. He was simply right pointing out that it is bascially the same thing. 30 points with condition win or 50 points without condition win will take about the same amount of games.
I think the 50 points this time might even take a little longer than the last challenge. Keep in mind that in the games you win getting a kill is way more likely.

Edited by Redoxin, 26 February 2015 - 01:50 PM.

#33 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostHyper99, on 26 February 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Play it outside CW so you can see some of what the clanners are dealing with on their side of things ;)

Spoiler

#34 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

Whoa - no interest in any Clan mechs, but the rest of the stuff is enticing.

#35 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 26 February 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Whoa - no interest in any Clan mechs, but the rest of the stuff is enticing.

Consider it a pack of Cbills and a mechbay then ;)

#36 Myray

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

giving away a color in an event love that id like to see more of such events and the adder is a nice topping ^^
i hope m not the only on who is happy to get more paints ^^

#37 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

I'll toss my two cents into the hat on this...

I am looking forward to this weekend's tournament than many of the previous ones. It will reward players like myself that play well enough to get a kill and an assist most of the games and yet not get sandbagged by a team that has everyone flying around all over the map by themselves and you can never get a win. It also discourages the zerg splat as you need a kill and not just an assist.

50 points for a mech and 80 for the whole shebang should be pretty doable for the average player. Yes, it's 2x as many points to get a mech as previous tournaments but a fairly bit more easier to obtain.

I am sure many people will be, "Oh, it's too easy. Why not just give them away then..." being a whiny jerk. However, I think it's good for the average person like myself that isn't so great as to shoot a can off an Atlas' head and spend 18 hours a day working on this. Some of us have families and kids and while 80 points means a minimum of 80 games; I think the points will be flowing in faster to achieve that number. Besides, in a PUG Match Select group, you can control what you do but not what the other 11 guys on your team does. I get kind of tired having a 80%ish losing record during the weekends but at least I can still get rewarded for my good work.

#38 LtWarhound

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

Not sure I like the Adder enough to sink the time in for it, but that's just my opinion. Overall I like the changes to this event format, I'd have been happy with just removing the win condition, but the addition of other prizes certainly improves this a lot. Very nice to see prizes at lower scores, and while 50 is a lot, its doable for most people.

#39 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 February 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

• 70 Points = Hanging Item - Broken Inner Sphere

Why do freeborns get items that were exclusive for early adopters on packages? So where is the hanging Clan star and the Alexander Kerensky hologram? Instead of the redundant polygon camo ..</p>

#40 Dimitry Matveyev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostPPO Kuro, on 26 February 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

OK...so, let me get this straight, you get a 'free' mech and you still complain....wth is wrong with you.... :huh:

It's not a complain, just an opinion, so nothing, I guess. I see some people are thinking, that this time it will be easier to win a mech. I don't think so. Last time to win a mech with win-lose ratio about 1 you had to play min. 50 games. This time it's easier to get a point, but again you have to do min. 50 games. Personally I don't have this much time on the weekend, so I'll pass.
BTW, it is clear, that a lot of players are unable to spend that much time. The I and the II events have proved that - the additional time was given. I think it would be better, if 5 days would be given for an event, not 3. Or if the min. games count you have to play would be lower.

View PostEric Wulfen, on 26 February 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

LOL why do you not try a WoT or a War etc.

Don't overheat there, use a cool shot, son.

Edited by Dimitry Matveyev, 26 February 2015 - 02:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users