453 replies to this topic

#41 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

but you shouldnt win man :D thats a huge difference, just kill + assist - easy peasy . . .

Edited by DrSlamastika, 26 February 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#42 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Kill stealers out in force again this weekend, and nothing to promote teamwork. It's all about "I want, I need". Looks like a movie weekend 'til things settle down again. :mellow:

#43 Crimson Myst

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Thanks for listening to us about the win required part of the challenge in the past. Sorry once again about those of us still complaining about receiving free stuff. You've all been doing awesome across the board.

#44 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Nice timing, the girlfriend is working this weekend!!

#45 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

I am so happy to see the "win" requirement finally dropped. Nothing frustrated me more than that silly stipulation.

I also like the addition of the tiered rewards. Granted the mech reward is too much of a stretch goal for me. I simply don't have and don't want to put in the time to play 50+ rounds of MW this weekend. But I appreciate the premium time bonuses and consumables. I hope that those who do put in the time achieve their mech.

What I hope we don't see an influx of people being overly aggressive and hurting their own teams just to win a prize. That happened last weekend and it made game play enjoyable.

Good luck everyone. Thank you PGI.

Edited by RacerX, 26 February 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#46 M i s t y

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:10 PM

3 points are all that is needed , everything else is waste of time .

#47 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Nice prizes, PGI, but you really need to stop with the silly win/kill/assist requirements, or any variation of it. You have this nice little match score that shows up at the end of every match. Please use it for these challenges!

#48 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostMistydove, on 26 February 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

3 points are all that is needed , everything else is waste of time .

no, everything else or next, is just pure grindig of XP and MC with premium time man :D

Edited by DrSlamastika, 26 February 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#49 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

I don't want no Clan mechs sullying my Mech Bays ;)

#50 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

I love the addition of additional tiers, even if small. Definitely an improvement!

As to removing the win characteristic, it is definitely an improvement, but may encourage people to DC after K+A. Why not use a challenge parameter similar to the 20MC challenge? (you needed a min. of 30 match points)

Again, the challenge parameters and rewards are both incremental improvements, and I appreciate them both.

#51 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I don't want no Clan mechs sullying my Mech Bays ;)

This one should be sellable. ;)

#52 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Nice, players who have lives can actually complete this one!

#53 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

Don't view this challenge as "god, I have to play XX matches to get a mech."
Instead, enjoy playing this weekend like normal, and enjoy the free bonuses now given at regular intervals. If that gets a mech...cool!

#54 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

Sweet! Free premium time (even tho i have months banked i never use) that will go toward grinding monies for the upcoming Hellbringer collection I will buy next week!
All the rest is gravy, and quite attainable. Yea sure had to put in almost 90 games last weekend for the Raven Camo, but this is gonna be easier to finish with out the win condition!
Stop bitching and play damnit!

ok ok play tomorrow......

Edited by Talos7, 26 February 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#55 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 26 February 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Why can't I never just make 2 Assists, instead of a Kill+Assists for that 1 point..?

I really hate that stupid motto, which goes around in my head every event-weekends..

"I need a kill!.. Let me a kill!.. I need a kill!.. Let me a kill!.. "I need a kill!.." :angry:

Hell! I want a rule, which don't blow up my peacefull playstyle!

Because people will join a pub drop with a mech with ERLL, ping two people with it, then quit out immediately. Then while that mech remains in match, they'll join another match with another ERLL mech, ping two people with it, then quit.

#56 The Crow2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationAustralia Mate !

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

I think it could have been made a lot more community warfare friendly and a lot less grindy if there was no match number or per match requirement and the conditions were simply:

Over the weekend reach a total of: X: Assists & Y: Kills for the following rewards.

EG:
  • Total 3 assists and 3 kills = 3 days premium time*
  • Total 10 assists and 10 kills = C-bill consumable prize pack (1 UAV, 1 air strike, 1 cool shot)
  • Total 20 assists and 20 kills = Double C-bill consumable prize pack (2 UAV, 2 air strike, 2 cool shot)
  • Total 30 assists and 30 kills = Triple C-bill consumable prize pack (3 UAV, 3 air strike, 3 cool shot)
  • Total 40 assists and 40 kills = Quadruple C-bill consumable prize pack (4 UAV, 4 air strike, 4 cool shot)
  • Total 50 assists and 50 kills = Adder - ADR-PRIME and a Mech Bay
  • Total 60 assists and 60 kills = Color Blue Goluboy
  • Total 70 assists and 70 kills = Hanging Item - Broken Inner Sphere
  • Total 80 assists and 80 kills = Adder Permanent Polygon Pattern

This makes a lot more realistic a goal for those who want to play community warfare as they can get multiple kills & assists toward their total in one game and for normal games it means players who are particularly good can actually get more than 1 toward each count in each match & players of lesser skill can at least accumulate any assists they get.

Maybe a suggestion worthy of note for next time out ?

#57 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostKev Rosse, on 26 February 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

Sell it and buy 2 IS light mechs! (Really- we're going to complain about which Mech PGI is offering to give you for FREE? I guess it's no different than the clan players who were wining about IS mechs being given out in the last 3 challenges... but can't we look on the positive side here?)

PGI, THANK YOU very much for listening to the community and being willing to try something new! It's customer care like this that makes me feel a little bit better about the $$$ I keep giving you for each new collection. I wish I felt nearly as good about most of the other people I wind up paying my money to (like the IRS or Wal-Mart.)

Actually sparky - Im very happy for a free mech. Your assumption that I dont want one is rude. I legitimatly did not know I could even own a clan mech. I appreciate your information though. Hopefully I can win one and sell it to buy the JM6-DD I've been eyeing.

#58 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

Finally a 'mech I can win that I will not sell. Think I will turn it into a spladder.

The Gargoyle-D I have with 12 x SPL should fit the bill for this challenge. Once I get into brawl range with this dude someone always goes down before me even if they vastly out number me.

#59 Dimitry Matveyev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostThe Crow2k, on 26 February 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

I think it could have been made a lot more community warfare friendly and a lot less grindy if there was no match number or per match requirement and the conditions were simply:
Over the weekend reach a total of: X: Assists & Y: Kills for the following rewards.

Great idea, sir!

#60 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

Oh crap, I bought the Adder the last time it was on sale. Anyways a lot of goodies besides a free mech. I never buy any consumables. That's my chance to test them at least :)

This challenge should be doable if people just keep playing the way they do during the week, but if they go full ****** like in the champion challenges (which I expect) then it's just another weekend where I'll do something else then playing MWO. At least the win condition is removed. I'm curious if it improves the teamplay compared to the champion challenges.

However, I better finish mastering my Panthers before the weekend. Firestarters are next on my list and I feel more confident in one of those if I'm on my own because the team fails. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users