#61 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostPhaeric Cyrh, on 27 February 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

So you think PGI should ignore support tickets with screenshots complaining of a team killer until they get "enough" of them to warrant spending the 5 minutes it owuld take to look into it? And how do you propose they count these complaints? Should they make a ticket tied to the players account that keeps track of every complaint and then update it every time they get one, only actually checking into it if the number of complaints reaches some predetermined threshold?

This isn't someone complaining about a "haxor". That can be MUCH harder to prove, and in that case I can understand wanting a weight of evidence. But in this case a simple glance at the account in question would determine very quickly whether the complaint has warrant.

Or better yet, like I said, don't waste their time at all with it and build something into the game to deal with it automatically, and only bother PGI with the few instances where someone actually gets banned for doing it.

Think of this from an investigator's perspective.

We have a suspect that has been reported for abusive behavior, in a manner in which the abusive behavior is relatively unapparent.
This is supported with a single picture depicted the individual as being along the map border with long range capabilities and looking inward at enemies -- and lets assume the report is on non-participation.

The dude just set himself up with a sniper's nest according to the screenshot, it isn't supportive of the accusation.

There are also trolls, who will just report people because they can. "OMG, this guy's wearing green, he must be hacking!" "Okay this guy killed me with 9 or 10 small lasers in a single shot, I'm gonna report him for twitch-shooting and aimbot with a Gauss Rifle for instant kills."

The list goes on and on.

What you have is a single witness, who probably can't even repeat the same story again even if it were true. But when you have several witnesses, you have more than just a single disgruntled player but a flock of players; it clearly can't be just some upset kid whining because someone poked him. Means even more if they're not associated with one another.

#62 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

In the case of mass team killing, sometimes it occurs for other reasons. Once I've had someone shoot me in the back. I turned and gave the warning look. So he did it again. My armor's gone. I gave him another look. When I turned away he did it again, yellow internals. So I shot him (and it instantly killed him; his mech set up so that a single AC/20 would kill it instantly despite being 40 tons), and he shouted team killer. Next thing I know I'm having to defend myself against 4 other players on my own team.

So the weight of one complaint is...tainted to say the least.

#63 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

First, Koniving, when he shoots you, type in "don't do it again, or I'll kill you" or "Stop Shooting me" and "Shoot me again and you're dead"

At least then will you have a point to kill him and thus, prevent a troll against you and such.

#64 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

@Konniving:

I agree. That's why I've taken to screen capturing all my matches; something I highly recommend for anyone with the PC capabilities of doing so. If wind up in a match with reportable offenses, then I just snip the appropriate match from the reel of film and upload it to YouTube. Then I send in the video link and approximate time on the video along with all the other necessary information. It ensures that PGI has all the information at their fingertips for the investigation you described.

Of course, this isn't an option for everyone.

Edit: I had a similar TK'ing experience. My brother and I were leveling QKDs when a teammate in an Atlas RCT'ed me. I survived and ignored him, thinking he was a new player. He did it again, nearly killing me in the process. That's when I realized that he wasn't fooling around. My brother and me ground him into mincemeat in short order. The irony is that my younger bro took a moment to type, "You lousy TK'er!" right as I TK'ed the would-be TK'er, lol. I was fussing at him over comms going, "What did you type that for? Now the six Pugs not in comms are going to think I'm the TK'er!" Turns out that it wasn't a problem - Red Team swept down on us and annihilated us in short order. The TK'er cost us the match.

To this day, I'm still not sure whether to laugh or cry over that match.

Edited by Nightmare1, 02 March 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#65 Johndar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSome place I shouldn't be

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

PGI could do what EVE Online does, put in a bounty system for team killers.

#66 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 02 March 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

First, Koniving, when he shoots you, type in "don't do it again, or I'll kill you" or "Stop Shooting me" and "Shoot me again and you're dead"

At least then will you have a point to kill him and thus, prevent a troll against you and such.

Nope! Report him for intentional team damage instead of making yourself a target for punishment. Don't play the game police. You are not the game police. You will never be the game police!

#67 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostEgomane, on 02 March 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Nope! Report him for intentional team damage instead of making yourself a target for punishment. Don't play the game police. You are not the game police. You will never be the game police!

Who said I wanted to be the police? It's self-defense, and I won't have my own teammates shooting and killing me for no reason.

So good sir, Who are YOU trying to be?

Also those tickets take FOREVER to go through...

#68 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostPhaeric Cyrh, on 27 February 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

It should only take 1. PGI should be able to look at this guy's account and see an outrageous amount of team kills/damage and suspend his account.

This times 1000!

#69 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

I reported one player for TKing me, took screen shots and sent them into PGI. I did get a response back a few days later saying that it was being looked into. Not sure what the outcome was though.

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 02 March 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#70 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostKoniving, on 02 March 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

"OMG, this guy's wearing green, he must be hacking!"

Are you making fun of my Locust? :angry:

Bring it on! Come at me, Bro! I'm so green I'll hurt your eyes just to look at! You'll have to wear shades. B)

#71 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

Here is the problem OP he is probably NGNG or a ********** to the devs or staff the mods-staff and devs are very bias towardsthere player base I Know 1 guy just paid them $60usd got banned for mouthing off a few times in game about how he hates all the Cbill nerfs.Or the guy I know got banned because he and his family has to use 1 IP and a router so they all could play so what does the DEVS-PGI-STAFF-MODS do they ban them all after they spent hundreds on there game.

I have no respect for the DEVS-STAFF_MODS_ETC. in MWO no more.

Edited by PappySmurf, 02 March 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#72 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 02 March 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Here is the problem OP he is probably NGNG or a ********** to the devs or staff the mods-staff and devs are very bias towardsthere player base I Know 1 guy just paid them $60usd got banned for mouthing off a few times in game about how he hates all the Cbill nerfs.Or the guy I know got banned because he and his family has to use 1 IP and a router so they all could play so what does the DEVS-PGI-STAFF-MODS do they ban them all after they spent hundreds on there game.

I have no respect for the DEVS-STAFF_MODS_ETC. in MWO no more.

um... uninvited guest here?

#73 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostPappySmurf, on 02 March 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Or the guy I know got banned because he and his family has to use 1 IP and a router so they all could play so what does the DEVS-PGI-STAFF-MODS do they ban them all after they spent hundreds on there game.

Guess they should have paid a little attention to what the little jerk was doing then. Were I PGI, in that case, my reply to their inquiries would be "Why don't you just ask [insert offender's name here] why you can no longer access the game" and would leave it right there.

#74 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

Scout said (um... uninvited guest here? )

All I was trying to say is the guy Team killing is getting away with it because the DEVS-mods-staff are bias towards the player-base .Letting one jerk TK because he is a friend and banning good people that pay into there game because they can be assess too and get away with it.

Like I said I have no respect because there bias towards the player-base.

#75 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostEgomane, on 02 March 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Except for when you are the game police because he is actively shooting you or a comrade. :)

It's okay to fight back when attacked.

Posted Image

#76 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 02 March 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

Who said I wanted to be the police? It's self-defense, and I won't have my own teammates shooting and killing me for no reason.

So good sir, Who are YOU trying to be?

Also those tickets take FOREVER to go through...

View PostNightmare1, on 02 March 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Except for when you are the game police because he is actively shooting you or a comrade. :)

It's okay to fight back when attacked.

You realize how stupid "A tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye" really is?

You are actually sabotaging any effort to get rid of a problem player. Let him kill you, report him and jump into the next match. Let those deal with him, that have access to the game logs and the authority to do so.

You are only making the problem worse, not better. You are not teaching a troll a lesson. He wants you to react like you do. He wants you to act stupid. And you are playing his game, while you dream of revenge, justice, self defence or whatever rightous words you come up with. You are being played!

#77 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 27 February 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

the problem is 10 people say they report but only one does, if even.

That is because PGI has deliberately made the reporting process both time consuming and a farce.

An automated temporary ban system based on achieving a certain number of team kills within a certain timeframe would solve everything.

#78 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 27 February 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

The fact that this thread exists, the player was name and shamed, and we know PGI hasn't done anything about the reports is relatively disconcerting.

When you report somebody for such behavior, -always- include a screenshot (or more than one if they smack talk a ton or have multiple TKs). If PGI still doesn't do anything about it, then consider alternatives.

Unfortunately the only valid alternative is to quit playing, or ask for a refund and quit playing.
Seriously, defending yourself from a TKer is against the rules of conduct.
All it accomplishes is recording the "Self-Defense-TK" you did.

#79 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

I chat about TK'ers and screenshot anyone's chat when it happens.
Only had 1 accidental TK a long time ago and one time I recently got TK'd by accident.

#80 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 27 February 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Reports have been received, moderation staff has done what they do.

Please respect the name-and-shame rules of the forum.

The current problem is not the name-and-shame rules.

It is our reinforced belief that "moderation staff has done what they do" means "nothing has been done".

We are powerless to do anything about the failure to ban, so we begin to see PGI as working hand-in-hand with the TKer to ruin our game experience. After long enough, we start to lash out at PGI.

We understand that PGI is not deliberately trying to ruin our gaming experience, but after 3 weeks of being told it has been solved, and seeing first hand that is has not. We end up seriously doubting our own decision to think that PGI is not simply being slow or that PGI mistakenly believes the TKer did it on accident and is sorry now.

A large number of us are now divided between the "PGI is incompetent" camp and the "PGI is lying because they are lazy" camp. You at PGI know the truth about how your ban process works, but from our outside observations, it appears to be working not at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users