20+Hours In 3 Days = Free Mech Or A Part Time Job?

52 replies to this topic

#41 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:56 PM

People will do this in 6 hours.
A challenge can't suit everyone, some will do it fast and get a prize for their normal gameplay, others will have to struggle and decide if a Badder is worth so much time and stress.

#42 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 27 February 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

My issue with it is simply that these massive grinding events are basically non-events for me, because I don't have time to finish. If they made events that either didn't require eight hours or that at least changed the gameplay for a weekend, then it would feel more like an event. Right now, the events are mostly just for people who spend loads of time playing MWO.

This is true.

#43 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

I was planning on attempting to have a life outside MWO this weekend, but it looks like that will have to be put on hold if I don't want the "Evil Red X's" in my challenges page. Ugh.

#44 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 27 February 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

I was planning on attempting to have a life outside MWO this weekend, but it looks like that will have to be put on hold if I don't want the "Evil Red X's" in my challenges page. Ugh.

It would be fairly easy for someone to make a plugin to make those go away :)

#45 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 27 February 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Do you work all weekend long, I mean, literally pull a 72 hour shift or work 3 15s in row for the weekend(I've had to do that, it sucks but you get the rest of the week off!), or something else has your time spoken for all weekend long? It's about 5 hours of actual playing time, as calculated by multiple people now, and you can't get that much free time over the weekend?
Well, if that's true, that's too bad, but so freaking what? You think you are the only one? Boofreakinghoo! I work 6 days a week, I don't get 20 hours to game all week long, unless I spend all day Sunday playing MWO, which I don't get to do very often, kids and grandkids you know. I'm one of those busy execs that people like to make fun of, saying our time is so valuable, guess what, it really IS, I don't get much free time and I have a life. I'll probably spend sunday with my grandkids, only have a little time to play MWO, if I have that. Don't see ME whining like some spoiled little child, complaining that PGI is making it TOO hard to get FREE stuff that they sell for real world cash.
Pity's sake, talk about your entitled crowd, FREE STUFF FOR PLAYING A GAME THAT YOU PLAY ALREADY! Grow the eff up children.

With respect, sir, you're missing the point entirely. But more importantly, when you keep talking to strangers on the internet with such a hostile tone, it has no effect at all. You're not swaying anyone's opinion by being rude, and this is the second time you address me in such condescending tones.

What I do with my time is no concern of yours. But as a consumer who's spent hundreds of dollars on this game, and who's likely to spend more money in the future, I have the right to explain why these events, which are here to keep the customers happy, have no effect on me. And if I spent far less, I would still have that right. If you don't like that, you've misunderstood the purpose of this forum. If you disagree with me, consider the option of simply moving on, instead of replying to me in such a disrespectful manner. And if you're interested in having a civil discussion, you're welcome to do that.

#46 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 27 February 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

To be fair, at a 7 min. match average and only 50 to earn the mech it is 350 minutes, or just under 4 hours. Of course you need a kill and assist, that should be doable st least 75% of the time, so figure 5 hours out of the next 72 earns you an adder.

Nope, just nope.

#47 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

Alistair, you call it a grind, I call it what PGI does, a challenge. They are giving out prizes that can only be gotten by spending real world money, it's not like they are tossing out stock chassis Mechs that are cbill priced here, premium time, mech bay, an MC only Mech, color, camo, these are their money making products, you DO realize this right? So, yeah, I rather expect to EARN a prize via some sort of actual challenge, I don't expect to log in and GET them because I showed up!

I don't consider the current challenge excessive or even all that difficult, it's maybe 5 hours of total playing time, big deal. I may not have that much time to play this weekend, so I may not get more than the premium time and mech bay, and I'll be good with that, not PGI's fault that I work saturdays, have a family and grandkids and a life, why should they be accountable for something totally beyond their control? It's not like this SUDDENLY happened to me either, my grandkids were around before I first plopped money down for my Founder's, I was fully aware of what time I wouldn't have to spend playing video games. Not like my job wasn't part of the equation as well, I've been working the same hours for a while, nothing new there either, I still keep plopping money down for this game. I actually upgraded my Ebon Jaguar to Executioner today, figured what the hell, I'll take a risk on the possible 90kph Assault with a bunch of ERSL or cSPL, it'll be amusing if nothing else, I can hunt Lights with it, the mental image just cracks me up, so it's worth the cash I've laid out for the Wave 3 pack, just THAT mental image alone is worth the cash, that'll keep me giggling until I get it, then it might keep me giggling for a much longer time or I might not giggle about it again, but the months of amusement until I find out..oh so worth the price.

You find a game a grind, for WHATEVER the reason, you need to stop playing that game, you aren't having fun. I've taken breaks from MWO by choice because I feel it getting to be grindy, like other MMOs have, so I stop playing until the itch overwhelms the grindy feeling. I've mostly quit the other MMOs I've played, they finally lost their attraction, MWO may do that too, but for now, it's not grindy to me again, it's still fun, even with these challenges, which I happen to enjoy when I can do them.

I consider it whining and acting like an entitled little snit when people go off about PGI not catering to them, call me old fashioned, I don't believe that a game maker is actually required to cater to the individuals who play the game, they are required to simply make a good solid game that plays well. PGI is in the process of doing that, I hope, and I've staked money on it, I stand waiting to see if they deliver. Their constant catering to the Vocal Minority is starting to make me rethink future purchases though, they do it, it screws things all to hell, they undo it, the whining gets out of control, rinse, repeat. Russ needs to stop chasing tail and start making the game he described to me and everyone else 4 years ago now, THAT is the game I've been investing in, tired of seeing it be pushed to the side to cater to the godsbedamned Vocal Minority.

If it's not fun, take a break, please, grind is a term that means YOU are bored with the game, otherwise it wouldn't be a grind.

#48 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:07 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 27 February 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

To be fair, at a 7 min. match average and only 50 to earn the mech it is 350 minutes, or just under 4 hours. Of course you need a kill and assist, that should be doable st least 75% of the time, so figure 5 hours out of the next 72 earns you an adder.

Lucky you, you got 90 minute hours :D

#49 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

View PostAnimal Crackers, on 27 February 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

LOL @ this event...

I just figured, to get the adder (prime) it would take me about 15-20 hours depending on averege wins (Team Dependent/Luck)... If it was a job I would be making around $2.00/hr. before tax lol.

hm, Probably not going to try to hard on this one... lol

Is your Time worth more than your Money?
Y/N

If Yes, buy the Adder.
If No, play some MWO and get a free one.

Good lord, its almost like ... a Free to Play game!

#50 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

maybe if it was every 5 points and not 10....

#51 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

I know its MWO, but it still a game guys... Please, don't neglect your wife, kids and family for free virtual goodies that will fade into oblivion after some years...

#52 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostAnimal Crackers, on 27 February 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

LOL @ this event...

I just figured, to get the adder (prime) it would take me about 15-20 hours depending on averege wins (Team Dependent/Luck)... If it was a job I would be making around $2.00/hr. before tax lol.

hm, Probably not going to try to hard on this one... lol

Do you know how many YEARS, I have invested in certain games? I have over 3 decades in some. Some games I have put in 36 hours in a single sitting. If you see a mere 20 hours as to much effort... then don't participate. -_-

#53 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 27 February 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Farming is a part time job.

Did you not know? :P

My Firestarter will wub you.

I might actually have to quote this in my Sig. Well said sir!

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users