Do You Take This Too Seriously?

65 replies to this topic

#21 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,012 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

What keeps me screaming and ranting (to myself) constantly is Caustic Valley. Dumbest map in the history of gaming. I re-named it also to LRM Valley.

#22 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:27 AM

View PostGraugger, on 27 February 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

It's not so much the game that pisses me off but the lack of intelligence and cowardice of the people that play the game.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I particularly hate the people that try to coddle their K/D ratios and never push / flank. Or worse yet the nascar-ing people who completely abandon their assaults way in the back to die (reason #1 why I almost never pilot assaults in solo queue anymore)

Edited by Setun, 28 February 2015 - 12:29 AM.

#23 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 27 February 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Play for fun is for you and your buddy in your own LAN party, but in an online game with many other players, just no.......

Playing a virtual game in the spare time is for fun only.

RL is where i get my challenges and my money.

#24 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:13 AM

Teammates getting in front of you while your shooting at the enemy...then telling you that you shot them.....well you got in my fire lane, your problem.

people going behind you while you try to take cover....did kill one because he was blocking me....oh well.

View PostSetun, on 28 February 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I particularly hate the people that try to coddle their K/D ratios and never push / flank. Or worse yet the nascar-ing people who completely abandon their assaults way in the back to die (reason #1 why I almost never pilot assaults in solo queue anymore)

The only assault that i drive is my gargoyle....if i go for slower....i mostly say to myself ''you re playing alone'' because i know those nascar racers will let me alone lol

So i play the ambusher

#25 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:17 AM

Please note that OP has only been around since August of 2014.

That kind of explains why I'm mad all the time, at least.

I've been here for close to 2 years. And although I'm obviously not the cream of the crop in the solo queue, the fact that PGI has done NOTHING to separate new players from experienced (at least in any fashion that can be detected) dictates that those of us that play in the solo queue are going to be stuck having to carry new players forever.

Think about that for a while. Sure, help them...give them advice...blah blah blah. Did all of that, two years ago. I don't get a "trainer bonus" for wiping their chins....all I get is reduced cbills per hour because I get stuck with them all the time.

So, no, I don't take the game too seriously. Yes, I'm sick and tired of having to play with new players 2 years into this thing. If you don't want to be called names or have your lack of ability brought to the front, don't play like a new player.

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

View PostJazz Hands, on 27 February 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Are you taking this game too seriously???

Hell, I've even found myself screaming over TS....and to clarify not at noobish behavior...but at people being flat out jerks. Like I had a team mate last night that wouldn't let me walk in my DW. He literally stood in front of me and blocked me...which was all cute for the first 30 seconds but when it didn't stop the other two DW'S I was with turned him into ash.

But then I wonder....why I let it bother me?

So tell me...do you take this too seriously ? Provide nifty examples of thing you should just have shrugged off...but didn't.

I had a Raven with ECM that kept pulling up in front of my Atlas and stopping. So I went on Comms, "Thank you for the ECM cover, but you are risking a 70 point Alpha if an enemy comes into range, please move."

Its a game I have loved in one form or another for 30 years. If I ever start raging, Its time for me to quit.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 28 February 2015 - 04:45 AM.

#27 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

River City Night for the 5th time in a row makes me log out and go eat ice cream and hurt my cat.

Stupid people are one of the main reasons why I am playing fast mediums and lights, because i can avoid them, get behind them and use them as shields, use them as bait and once they are dead I can move forward and play.

#28 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

It's my diversion from real life and just a game. Bad matches and neck beards are part of the landscape and not worth any rage.

#29 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Between october to mid december 2013, I was taking robots so seriously, I actually got mad for real.

That obviously wasn't very good, or worth my time, so I went on a 6+ month break, and came back during the hilarious P2W tournament.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostPiney, on 28 February 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

It's my diversion from real life and just a game. Bad matches and neck beards are part of the landscape and not worth any rage.

how about mouthbreathers and knuckledraggers?

#31 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:45 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

how about mouthbreathers and knuckledraggers?

Throw them in the bundle, too. :lol:

#32 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

I probably do take it quite a bit too seriously, yes. :)

#33 Alley Cat

Rookie

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 27 February 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

I remember one time someone noob blocked me and took a bunch of fire I didn't need to. I spent the rest of the round right up his ass so he couldn't back up. It got him killed eventually. I had a giggle and we still won the match.

Well done bro, you're an inspiration. Who did that nublet think he was, making a mistake and causing you to get damaged. Bro, you've gotta fix that quick and you did when you made sure he knew that he messed with the wrong guy by doing exactly what he did to you, only on purpose, for longer and until he died.

Edited by Alley Cat, 28 February 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#34 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Sometimes people play roles.

Sometimes people wear masks.

Sometimes people can't tell the difference, and the salt rises.

#35 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostLionsroar, on 27 February 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

A teammate who gausses your arms off from behind because you unknowingly nicked them in a fight

Once I misclicked with one medium laser at the start of a round, grazing a highlander. He and his sync dropper friend promptly pelted me with ac20s and gauss.

I died last. :D

#36 LiquidLlama

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 28 February 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

Please note that OP has only been around since August of 2014.

That kind of explains why I'm mad all the time, at least.

I've been here for close to 2 years. And although I'm obviously not the cream of the crop in the solo queue, the fact that PGI has done NOTHING to separate new players from experienced (at least in any fashion that can be detected) dictates that those of us that play in the solo queue are going to be stuck having to carry new players forever.

Think about that for a while. Sure, help them...give them advice...blah blah blah. Did all of that, two years ago. I don't get a "trainer bonus" for wiping their chins....all I get is reduced cbills per hour because I get stuck with them all the time.

So, no, I don't take the game too seriously. Yes, I'm sick and tired of having to play with new players 2 years into this thing. If you don't want to be called names or have your lack of ability brought to the front, don't play like a new player.

Jesus.

Everybody's gotta start somewhere, man.

#37 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:31 AM

Nope, not really. I'm the guy who says gg close wether I lose or win, mostly just "gg". and usualy o7 at the begining, and if some non sense happens in a match I just leave(if I'm dead) and drop in another one. Because I'm not a self entitled douchebag who thinks everyone needs to abide to my personal feelings or beliefs. (like that other non sense thread you started) It's a video game.

Edited by lsp, 28 February 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#38 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

My anger management classes have helped......

#39 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

Is it even possible to take space age futuristic bipedal battlemech locomotive personal transportation devices of the future to seriously?

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 February 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#40 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

I give it too much of my time, but it does not make me mad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users