• 256 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

#62 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 02 March 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

Here's what I might do during a match. In fact, I will intentionally try my best to do these things whenever possible:

- Never lock targets when I'm in a situation where your crappy missiles might cost me a kill.

- Shoot right through you at a weakened enemy in order to try and get the kill.

- Stand behind you to use you as cover. It's a more efficient way of absorbing LRMs than investing tonnage into AMS.

- Block your shots in order to take the kills for myself, unless I'm damaged from behind, in which case I might not risk it.

- If I'm the last one alive and there are too many enemies left, I will make all efforts to try to avoid open combat. I don't care that you're itching to queue up for another 20,000 c-bills and 40 experience; you're not entitled to my death out of your own convenience. I'll take my time looking for enemies that I can kill, and avoid ones that I can't.

- Are we at 650 points while the enemy has 200, and still own four bases? I think I'll go try to grab a kill from the remaining five enemy mechs, thanks.

- No, these aren't your stairs; this is my cover. Find another way around.

- Sorry bro, I shot your leg by accident. Don't worry, I'll get the last remaining enemy light that's almost cored for us.

- I don't care how many points you have left for your challenge with only three hours to go before the end; I'm shooting everything I see, and if you want kills, work for them yourself.

Why do I do these things? Because I'm a good player, and you're not. I have the 3:1 kdr and you don't, and I couldn't care less about your incessant whining and entitled attitude. Get on my level.

lol you have to be trollin

#63 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

I only inner rage when watching individual players - the horrendous decisions, the poor gun choices (once saw a Treb 5N with 1 LRM20 and a Raven AC/2 going at max 48KPH..), also hanging back as your team fights and terrible aiming.....hits everything but not that lovely cherry red bit...

But I try and not rage out loud as it could be new or just inherently rubbish players.

#64 RomeoOscarXray16

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

So here it is. For previous decisions in life I use to take most matters WAY to serious. Enough so that I was medically retired for it.
Now I find that gaming is one thing that helps me escape the real world and forget. This game is one I laugh at, get frustrated with but to no great extent. It is not the game nor the mechanics, it is others in the game that I see getting way to upset.
So no, I do not take this game to seriously. I have some interest in the team and winning but overall the idea is to have fun.
If others choose to take this game seriously that is their choice. But when they do "keep it within reason".

The one and only bad part bout this game is those who choose to screw others, verbally in chat or virtually in game.
In short, don't be an a**.

#65 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

Im pretty laid back. The guys in my unit tell me I am "the calm one", but when I am shooting stuff and another mech walks in front of me, or blocks my way when trying to move, well, even satan cringes at my sailor language.

#66 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

I used to back in closed and open beta, was really engaged during that time and considered myself to be one of the best players. I carried hard and exploited the meta well and when others made simple mistakes like overheating or being unable to maneuver properly I blamed them for our loss. I'd get pretty angry and sometimes make them feel bad or get trolled in return. I have not gotten overly upset by player skill or the outcome of a battle in several years, confession over and out.

(we all suck, are bested or make silly decisions in battle sometimes)

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 02 March 2015 - 06:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users