Pgi, Why I, Bishop Steiner, And My Uber Important Wallet, Won't Be Buying The Gladiator Pack For Wave Iii

434 replies to this topic

#421 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

Alistair Winter forced me to dust this old thing off, lol.

#422 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

Don't know why.
But I admit I went whole hog on my first Clan Pack and got the 16 Mech deal.

#423 CptGier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

View Poststjobe, on 01 March 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

At least one more paying customer is concerned about the "current state of suck" as regards JJs - me.

How come a full complement of 4 JJs on a Panther 9R or 8Z cannot reverse a fall once it's begun?*

Why do I need the 8 JJs of a Panther 10K to actually reverse a fall?

The 4 JJs can lift a stationary Panther into the air, but not one that has begun falling? Where's the logic in that?

To tell you the truth, JJs have been badly implemented since the get-go, and it's high time that you revisited them properly. If you're worried about a re-emergence of pop-tarting, combat that with reticule shake, not by making JJs useless.

If you want inspiration on what JJs could be like, I believe there's plenty of MW:LL videos of their JJs around these forums.

*Edit: After a bit more testing, it's just about possible to reverse a fall if your fall speed stays above -5 m/s - but you run out of JJ fuel just as you go into positive vertical speed.

Cuz they are not Jump jets in the traditional sense, they are 8 hamsters blowing downward really hard...and it takes 8 of them to even begin to have an effect on the Panther, its why the highlander and them cant even get off the ground....would need like 32 hamsters to get it to move even 2m off the ground...

#424 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostCptGier, on 18 April 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Cuz they are not Jump jets in the traditional sense, they are 8 hamsters blowing downward really hard...and it takes 8 of them to even begin to have an effect on the Panther, its why the highlander and them cant even get off the ground....would need like 32 hamsters to get it to move even 2m off the ground...

yup...JJs sure blow...

#425 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

JJ?
If it was only this the main issue of mwo.....
Hey! Did you notice that thanks to the last patch we can enjoy floating turrets in Hellebore? ogm...

Anyway, here is a short review of last townhall:

"Russ: "Yes, we must improve the game, we are awere of this, that's why, as all of you could read at twitter, we are planning 4vs4 and solaris and other game modes.
In a year. Or year and half.
Meanwhile, you can buy this Griffin!! Aaaaaaaaaaand IT HAS ECM!!! (so it's very good, buy it!)
And another mech pack too! very soon!"

#426 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Don't know if this has been said in this thread before, and I'm not going to bother looking through the other 21 pages worth...

--WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT--

Mr. Bishop Steiner...

Not purchasing a 'Mech pack will lead to your license to White Knight for PGI being revoked.

Please change your forum signature as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

--WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING--

This is like one of those rage quit posts that we all mock relentlessly. Nobody really cares. The absence of your $120 contribution won't affect anything. Just like me not buying an UrbanMech package did nothing. Just like something around 2,000 votes against 3PV did nothing.

#427 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

I'm not buying it either.

I bought everything prior (other than Founders) and have more than $1500 sunk into the game, on behalf of me and my two sons.

I have more than enough Mechs. 110 or something. I am still Eliting some of the Clan Wave II Mechs, and most of the Resistance ones. The main barrier to my actually enjoying these 110 Mechs is poor ping and poor hitreg.

So I won't buy another single Mech for cash until I get a server where my ping is half its current 230. I just can't compete or enjoy the game anymore trying to guess where to aim to actually have lasers do any damage.

#428 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostSoy, on 04 March 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

3D was always a better tart than Highlander or Victor in the true heyday, get yours or Pepperidge's facts straight.

For reference, since you have trouble remembering, HighL was hot for about a month or so, ie Heavy Metal release. It was only good cuz you could point-blank reach 90m from a standing jump, thus melee PPCs around the min range.

3D was at the very top for at least a year.

GG

The thing about you posting all the time, is that you need to know what you're talking about otherwise it's just misinformation. You're usually accurate, but not here.

The KaoS drop deck when I was an Auxiliary for them was 2x DDC, 2x HGN-732, 2x CTF-3D, 2x RVN-3L then the SRMs got broke and it became 3x HGN-732, 3x CTF-3D, 2x RVN-3L.

The 3D was just so good because that speed. So much faster for only 10 less damage than the 732.

#429 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

Sadly, wave 3 is the best pack. The other packs were mediocre. Only one of the four mechs in wave 3 is going to most likely be a terrible translation in MWO, purely due to lacking pod space.

#430 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

Didn't Russ say in the Townhall he's thinking of making JJs not suck so much for assaults? (or hell, heavies for that matter...Summoner would like to talk, too).

#431 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 18 April 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Didn't Russ say in the Townhall he's thinking of making JJs not suck so much for assaults? (or hell, heavies for that matter...Summoner would like to talk, too).
yes, but don't tell them, I'm at work and am enjoying the forum posts to pass the time

#432 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 18 April 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Don't know if this has been said in this thread before, and I'm not going to bother looking through the other 21 pages worth...

--WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT--

Mr. Bishop Steiner...

Not purchasing a 'Mech pack will lead to your license to White Knight for PGI being revoked.

Please change your forum signature as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

--WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING--

This is like one of those rage quit posts that we all mock relentlessly. Nobody really cares. The absence of your $120 contribution won't affect anything. Just like me not buying an UrbanMech package did nothing. Just like something around 2,000 votes against 3PV did nothing.

Yup. Went over your head. It's all good, happens to us all.

#433 Graves24

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 April 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Alistair Winter forced me to dust this old thing off, lol.

I'm talking a wild guess here:

You love attention. (I can tell because you are still reading this topic 10min. after you last posted in it)

You are still a nice guy though! :D

Also, you now have an opportunity to write stuff again without doubleposting. (You are playing Jenga with this thread aren't you? :o)

Tbh. I don't really see why an opinion needs to be discussed in a 22 page thread because I doubt anyone in these forums will change your mind.

#434 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostGraves24, on 18 April 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'm talking a wild guess here:

You love attention. (I can tell because you are still reading this topic 10min. after you last posted in it)

You are still a nice guy though! :D

Also, you now have an opportunity to write stuff again without doubleposting. (You are playing Jenga with this thread aren't you? :o)

Tbh. I don't really see why an opinion needs to be discussed in a 22 page thread because I doubt anyone in these forums will change your mind.

Nope , not the point either, it's all good, the persons this was directed at got the point

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 18 April 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#435 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

Does this mean you are going to mod your signature tag for the time being to

"White Knighting like a mildly interested Observer"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users