#21 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 02 March 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

... what is the point of pushing out Community Warfare, what is the point of new mechs and maps, what is the point of meaningless events if your weapons don't do jack even when you shoot with perfect aim?

What good is there about supposedly having highest ever player population if servers are failing under the load and simply can not provide quality gameplay for everyone?

What is the point of working on map design and mech geometry when the HSR code that is responsible for you being able to shoot stuff in a shooter game simply does not work.

What is the point of having events every weekend that ruin hit reg and make people kill steal and go full ret@rd mode only to make at least somebody actually play?

What is the point of insulting the developers at every turn if you want the game to improve, grow, and succeed?

Especially here, on the forums, where most of the staff never bother reading because it's a sea of complaints and gripes that wading through the trash and clutter isn't worth the few pearls of wisdom that could ever be gleaned?

There are better ways of achieving this goal, and I would recommending encouraging changes rather than retaliating every time something makes you angry.

#22 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

why should they cater to you when there is a huge mass of players in a completely different category than you?

#23 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostTarogato, on 02 March 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

What is the point of insulting the developers at every turn if you want the game to improve, grow, and succeed?

Show me where I insulted anyone in the post you quoted.

View PostBigbacon, on 02 March 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

why should they cater to you when there is a huge mass of players in a completely different category than you?

Gotta love these comments ... so, you guys don't need hit reg? Fine, I'll just take whatever you have.

#24 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

Not even going to mention the new players experience.

Yelling and swearing at your team and shouting out all should deinstall, makes it even worse.
Dont blame pgi alone if you are part of the problem. ;)

Edited by Galenit, 02 March 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#25 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:55 AM

Even I thought the OP was unnecessarily rude and unconstructive.

3toxic5me

#26 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostGalenit, on 02 March 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

Yelling and swearing at your team and shouting out all should deinstall, makes it even worse.
Dont blame pgi alone if you are part of the problem. ;)

I didn't ask for them in my matches, in fact PGI claims that matches are balanced, players are matched by skill, experience and alike. If so, there isn't a single new player I can possibly shout at. Just old time bads. Bads who are bad not because they can't play, but rather because they aren't even trying.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 02 March 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#27 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

This weekend there was a noticeable change in ping for a lot of people. I was seeing it personally and so where many others in my unit as we did many drops together throughout both Saturday/ Sunday.

In fact they where sick of me bitching about it a little bit cause even at my highest ping I am still a good deal below some of them. :D

Anyways my ping was not only higher much of the time but that it was pretty erratic as well. I normally am a steady consistent low to mid 30's ping. All weekend I was seeing everything from the normal 30's up into the 80's and it would never settle out... just fluctuate randomly all over that range.

I attribute it to the event and high load on the servers. I honestly think this event was organized in part specifically to load test the servers after the last one saw such high populations levels.

#28 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 02 March 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Your stance as a competative player and how important your non event leagues are are a joke,

And the casual player spends just as much or more, as i'm sure they draw data as to where the paying playing player base is.

your problem is your delsuional as to how important u think u are, when your such a small % you mean nothing

And Casuals dont benefit by stabil Pings and good Hitreg? Nice to know.

#29 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

To add... I can see where this would be a huge concern in a competitive match situation. For the obvious reasons. Maybe should be something in the rules that allows for situations like this and a reschedule, if there is not already. Inconvenient but probably the best way to deal with it until whatever the cause is can be addressed.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

Yesterday saw the last week matches of 4th MRBC season being played.

I, as a competitive player who took part in it, would like to very much thank PGI for screwing us over yet again with great ping fluctuations of ~200ms, complete lack of any hit reg whatsoever and countless client crashes.

Player organized leagues are one of the very few meaningful things that actually happens in the game, and I assure you that we really appreciate how you constantly ignore our pleas and suggestions and how you show absolutely zero support to our efforts over the past three years.

I'll ask you my dear friends ... what is the point of pushing out Community Warfare, what is the point of new mechs and maps, what is the point of meaningless events if your weapons don't do jack even when you shoot with perfect aim?

What good is there about supposedly having highest ever player population if servers are failing under the load and simply can not provide quality gameplay for everyone?

What is the point of working on map design and mech geometry when the HSR code that is responsible for you being able to shoot stuff in a shooter game simply does not work.

What is the point of having events every weekend that ruin hit reg and make people kill steal and go full ret@rd mode only to make at least somebody actually play?

How can you even think about going to Steam with this bunch of crap game that you have is honestly beyond me ...

I don't expect any response from anyone in PGI (as if you ever respond), just like I don't expect any response to a support ticket I filed a week or so ago.

I just want people to hear that there is something more to the game that banal grind of whatever and that we need people to support it for it to stay alive and grow stronger like it did for the past couple of years. Then maybe one day, when we are big enough, they will have to talk to us.

Yes, very inconsiderate to screw you over, of course, the rest of the 99.99% of the player base were not remotely inconvenienced of course......

View Postmekabuser, on 02 March 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

when and if this game hits steam,i would be shocked if for every hundred that register, you get someone who would stick around for 50 matches. This minimally viable product is offensive to a large chunk of the community that LOVES battletech. why would a noob stick with this tripe?

yet here you are posting away.....

View PostHiasRGB, on 02 March 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

And Casuals dont benefit by stabil Pings and good Hitreg? Nice to know.

No. Your aim is so bad, that hitting things is a matter of luck anyhow. GitGud or gitrekt you filthy casual!

#31 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

So, the OP lost and is blaming PGI?

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 02 March 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

Yup, sounds like.

#33 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 March 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yup, sounds like.

That's how I read it, too. Glad I'm not the only one. </not surprised>

#34 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 02 March 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

People who put their efforts into creating something meanigful in the sea of meaningless grind this game is for all the time it exsists.

LOL meaningful? To whom? I would venture no one outside your "league" really cares one bit about what you folks do.

#35 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 02 March 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

People who put their efforts into creating something meanigful in the sea of meaningless grind this game is for all the time it exsists.

Meaningful? Its a game. Play to relax and fill that need of big stompy robots shooting other big stompy robots. Not everything needs to have 'meaning'. That you try to put meaning into the game doesn't make you or your position superior.

Edited by Mirumoto Izanami, 02 March 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#36 Shikata nai

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

#PlzNoWritingPermissionForEloHell

#37 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

View Postmekabuser, on 02 March 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

when and if this game hits steam,i would be shocked if for every hundred that register, you get someone who would stick around for 50 matches. This minimally viable product is offensive to a large chunk of the community that LOVES battletech. why would a noob stick with this tripe?
As a long time BattleTech fan myself, who does not find this game offensive (excepting for times of really bad hit registration or crazy HSR malfs), what is it about this game that you find offensive?

I'm just curious.

#38 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:19 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 02 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

I didn't ask for them in my matches, in fact PGI claims that matches are balanced, players are matched by skill, experience and alike. If so, there isn't a single new player I can possibly shout at. Just old time bads. Bads who are bad not because they can't play, but rather because they aren't even trying.

Maybe you are not that good that you think?

This would also match my last assuption about him ...

Edited by Galenit, 03 March 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#39 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostGalenit, on 03 March 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

Maybe you are not that good that you think?

Nope, I am. But feel free to challenge me and prove me wrong.

#40 Dock Steward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

Yesterday saw the last week matches of 4th MRBC season being played.

I, as a competitive player who took part in it, would like to very much thank PGI for screwing us over yet again with great ping fluctuations of ~200ms, complete lack of any hit reg whatsoever and countless client crashes.

Player organized leagues are one of the very few meaningful things that actually happens in the game, and I assure you that we really appreciate how you constantly ignore our pleas and suggestions and how you show absolutely zero support to our efforts over the past three years.

I'll ask you my dear friends ... what is the point of pushing out Community Warfare, what is the point of new mechs and maps, what is the point of meaningless events if your weapons don't do jack even when you shoot with perfect aim?

How can you even think about going to Steam with this bunch of crap game that you have is honestly beyond me ...

I don't expect any response from anyone in PGI (as if you ever respond), just like I don't expect any response to a support ticket I filed a week or so ago.

I just want people to hear that there is something more to the game that banal grind of whatever and that we need people to support it for it to stay alive and grow stronger like it did for the past couple of years. Then maybe one day, when we are big enough, they will have to talk to us.

If it was really a problem for everyone, then:

a) it was fair in that everyone was screwed equally int terms of bad hit-reg

or

b} you inform the judge and the teams agree to reschedule the match. I checked MRBC rules, this seems to be allowed...

Edited by Dock Steward, 03 March 2015 - 06:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users