45 replies to this topic

#1 Caelroigh Blunt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

Once more I want to point out that missiles are overpowered and ruin the game for people who want to duel or at least just fight rather than hide. I put a bunch of money into this game... until you overpowered missiles. You haven't seen a penny from me in almost a year and a half and won't until you fix this glaring weakness in the game.

#2 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

AMS + Positioning

#3 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

Sorry. But this subject keeps coming up over and over again, so at this point, it's really hard to take it seriously.

Edited by Rhaythe, 02 March 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostAntiCitizenJuan, on 02 March 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

AMS + Positioning

I think you meant Radar Dep + Positioning. AMS is waste tonnage.

#5 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostCaelroigh Blunt, on 02 March 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

until you overpowered missiles. You haven't seen a penny from me in almost a year and a half and won't until you fix this glaring weakness in the game.

Please explain which change in the last 18 months overpowered the LRMs.

Except for the speed boost, I only remember nerfs. 18 months ago, a single long range missle dealt about 2 points of damage plus an unknown amount of splash damage to a target. Today it's 1 damage and no splash damage.

So please enlighten me!

#6 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

RADAR DEPRIVATION.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:36 AM

Once more I want to point out that missiles are overpowered and ruin the game for people who want to duel or at least just fight rather than hide. I put a bunch of money into this game... until you overpowered missiles. You haven't seen a penny from me in almost a year and a half and won't until you fix this glaring weakness in the game.

Posted Image

But in all seriousness missiles are not OP, in anyway shape or form.

They have the most hard counters of any weapon system in the game, hard counters in the form of ECM, AMS, Hard cover, Soft cover (team mates) and good piloting.

Now if you find you are getting rained on by them, try one of the above, or find their spotter / NARC'er and kill it fast, or use Hard Cover / Soft Cover to deal with the inbound missiles.

Also, you might need this too, based off of your post:

Posted Image

#8 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

LRMS are marginal, and they almost always have been marginal. Great in some situations and as a psychological weapon but otherwise, not so effective.

#9 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Radar deprivation. ECM. ECM on a friend. ECM on a stranger. AMS. Cover.

Use one, all, or somewhere in between and you'll PROBABLY not get his by the second-most underpowered weapon of all time.

Flamers come in first.

#10 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

It would appear that he faces a lot of other MechWarriors, while brawling, that know what the "R" key is for, and that enemy has Team mates that know what the "filled Red Triangle" means when they see one.

So unless you can pick a "position" in which to brawl that denies his enemies friends missile access, then the "R" key is OP, not so much the missiles themselves. Nerf the "R" key please PGI. ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 02 March 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#11 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

LRMs and Streaks are weak weapons. People hate them because, unlike direct fire weapons which rely on the skill of the user to perform well, LRMs and Streaks rely on the (lack of) skill of the target in order to perform well.

In other words, LRMs and Streaks are Bads Detectors. If you're getting killed by them, you're a Bad, and that makes people butthurt.

#12 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

Posted Image

#13 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

Missiles are as good as the enemy team is bad, L2P.

#14 trtw

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

I am a below average player but I played through the last three weekend challenges and I remember dying a total of two times to LRMs. The first time was entirely my fault. I went over the hill on alpine peaks alone. I am ashamed for my foolishness. The second was one of those last man standing affairs were I didn't even try to avoid it and went down in what I hope was a blaze of glory.

Yes at times I was forced to relocate. Yes at times I was forced to stop firing and twist away but any of the weapon systems in the game will cause this.

If you are looking for one to one duels then I suggest private matches. I am willing to bet that a good percentage of players do not have opposing team chat activated in pug matches.

#15 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

So many hard and soft counters to a weapon whos Damage Per Ton of Ammo is the worst in the game.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

if you haven't figured out missiles in a year and a half, well, this might not be the game for you.

#17 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

This post was a waste of your time...and ours. Thing is, you knew it when you typed, we knew it when we saw the tread...yet we are all here. Now I'm depressed...but then again, I can come in here and let you know you're a joke and then leave feeling better...you on the other hand are stuck not having clue, forced to endure your self-induced miscontent until you get a grip.

#18 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

Missiles suck, its you....

#19 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

I thought it was common knowledge to sneak and flank those sorry no good no self defense lrm boats and eliminate the threat... or do what has been suggested in this thread. I admit I have bad ping 50% of the week nights and yes I use LRMs on those nights... come find me and kill me instead of whining because this guy is right there with the brawlers. My UAV, Tag, Advanced Target Decay, AMS Overload and *oh gasps* Radar Derp* on mah LRM boat!!! I have quite a few Radar Deprivation modules and ensure I have one on whatever mech I am dropping in. I can ensure you I have backup weapons if needed... 99% of the time...there was that one time ... it was so embarrassing losing that game as the last guy standing. Now I know how the Catapult A1 feels when he forgets to sacrifice LRM launchers for 1 or 2 SRMs or SSRMs... that feeling of helplessness while you run and get gutted regardless.

Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

#20 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

I think peeps are getting narc'd and, since they don't know it, they think the incoming LRM rain is out of balance.

Friends don't let friends run around narc'd. And while I see the occasional "heads up Fen you got narced again!" from my unit on TS comms, I rarely see it in PUGs - they are too busy learning the major parts of the game to 1) notice the icon over a teammate's head and 2) zoom in on the name an 3) shout "hey bob you're narc'd!" over VOIP.

So I think a major solution to all the complaints of LRMs being OP is to include a visual or auditory clue for the pilot to know when he is narc'd. Plus, most of us would prefer it anyway. Is there any argument against it?

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 02 March 2015 - 11:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users