Gameplay

65 replies to this topic

#21 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

I'm looking forward to Skill Only 1 on 1 matches. Totally identical 'mechs down to the last point of armor and its location. If both 'mechs are exactly the same, then only Skill will matter. Winning it would actually be something to brag about!

#22 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 06 March 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

"Listen Tarogato, I have been following your games. I have no quarrel with you. It shall be my honour to fight with you"
-Nightshade24 Mechwarrior 4 style announcing that I do not want to shoot you till the end of the match.

(I wounder if that'll be a thing in MW: O? Could leave room for abuse.)

With VOIP and all, I'm sure open comms could be a thing, even a whisper function.

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 March 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

The best thing about Solaris is there wont be any easy mode Omni mechs. ...

Or maybe it will be Clan vrs Clan only on Solaris rather than easy mode omni mechs making more creds in the public queue and easy street on the star map. They can get in the cheese crows and pack some cstreak 6's run around at 110 kph in their bugged hit box omni mechs and play blindfolded since they dont have to aim. :)

From what I understand there were no restrictions in Solaris, so pilots were perfectly able to bring clan omnimechs to the arena. I seriously doubt Paul will separate Solaris into clan and IS matches, it will probably already have to be divided into the four weight classes. Of course, all bets are off until more info gets announced on how Paul/PGI wants to handle it.

#23 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostTarogato, on 06 March 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

With VOIP and all, I'm sure open comms could be a thing, even a whisper function.

From what I understand there were no restrictions in Solaris, so pilots were perfectly able to bring clan omnimechs to the arena. I seriously doubt Paul will separate Solaris into clan and IS matches, it will probably already have to be divided into the four weight classes. Of course, all bets are off until more info gets announced on how Paul/PGI wants to handle it.

I dont mind if the Omni XL engine and Innersphere engines are balanced as well they add some skill to the "I CRY FOR EASY MODE LET ME WIN" button known as streak 6's. Then fine. Have to wait and see I guess.

#24 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

Posted ImageTarogato, on 07 March 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

Well the thing in Solaris it's also a 'power creep' of clan tech especially in the 3060's onwards.

It is a thing lore wise and if that's the norm for normal solaris then so be it. Clan tech did get used in normal mechs however... eg....

Wolfhound = 1 C ER PPC, 2 (IS) Small laser

Raven 3M = 1 x C LRM 20, 1 x C ER Large laser

Raven 3M = 1 x C LRM 20

Catapult C1 = 2 x C ER large laser, 1 (IS) X-Large pulse laser

Mauler = 6 x C UAC 2

Templar = 2 x C Gauss Rifle, 2 x C ER large laser

Sunder = 1 x (IS) Heavy gauss rifle, 2 x Cl ER large laser, 4 x Cl ER med laser, 1 x Cl LRM 20

Atlas = 1 x C ER PPC, 2 x C LBX 10, 1 x C SSRM 6, ECM

Fafnir = 2 x C ER large laser, 2 x (IS) Heavy gauss rifle.

A few eg's. (Note: All of these are apocryphal and are not cannon (maybe))

Anyway, besides that. I do not think clans will dominate... RnR will be a thing and you know how some clan weapons nearly cost 1 million c-bills? yea... If that CLBX 20 is destroyed, you just lost a solid 1 mill c-bills.

You have to worry about more things then just how many kills you got =P

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 March 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

I dont mind if the Omni XL engine and Innersphere engines are balanced as well they add some skill to the "I CRY FOR EASY MODE LET ME WIN" button known as streak 6's. Then fine. Have to wait and see I guess.

Funny... and streak 6's are known as the worst clan (functional) weapon in game >.>

(functional = anything that isn't a flamer)

#25 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostFupDup, on 06 March 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

There should be a betting system where spectators put their spacebucks and/or GXP and/or other currencies on the line when they predict who will win the fight.

Also, Duncan Fischer hero Uziel. MUST HAVE NAO.

This would be an epic fun way of idling the time while queuing.
Maybe we could get a video window that pops up while we're in the MM showing us a random Solaris 1v1 match and let us make bets from there? Be better than staring at that Searching icon lol.

#26 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 07 March 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

Posted ImageTarogato, on 07 March 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

Well the thing in Solaris it's also a 'power creep' of clan tech especially in the 3060's onwards.

It is a thing lore wise and if that's the norm for normal solaris then so be it. Clan tech did get used in normal mechs however... eg....

Honestly, beating a Clan Mech in a 1v1 is not impossible.
My favorite 1v1 recently was my CN9-D Lb/SRM shotgun build against a laser vomit Timber Wolf. I won that, but i was missing a full 50% of my total health lol.

It will nearly always be down to skill of the pilots. A great pilot will beat an average pilot no matter what is being Piloted.

Edited by Reitrix, 07 March 2015 - 03:30 AM.

#27 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

View PostReitrix, on 07 March 2015 - 03:29 AM, said:

Honestly, beating a Clan Mech in a 1v1 is not impossible.
My favorite 1v1 recently was my CN9-D Lb/SRM shotgun build against a laser vomit Timber Wolf. I won that, but i was missing a full 50% of my total health lol.

It will nearly always be down to skill of the pilots. A great pilot will beat an average pilot no matter what is being Piloted.

I still personally think it's the IS atm in MW: O that is the powerhouse. Kinda awkward how my locust does more damage then my timberwolf on average... and this is the MACHINE GUN locust...

#28 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 07 March 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

I still personally think it's the IS atm in MW: O that is the powerhouse. Kinda awkward how my locust does more damage then my timberwolf on average... and this is the MACHINE GUN locust...

Doesn't MG Crit damage to internal components count towards end of round damage on the score table?

#29 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

I don't want to be a party pooper (I really like Solaris after all), it is just more deathmatch. Battletech is so much more. Too bad that they devs want to keep the game shallow.Edit: I am also really in doubt if they can re-created Solaris' dynamic maps.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 07 March 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#30 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 07 March 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

I don't want to be a party pooper (I really like Solaris after all), it is just more deathmatch. Battletech is so much more. Too bad that they devs want to keep the game shallow.

A 1v1 Deathmatch is going to be much more entertaining than a 12v12 hillhump fest until someone gets bored enough to charge the enemy guns.

Both to play AND watch. Individual piloting skill will be on display and we can really appreciate (while spectating) how good a given pilot is.

#31 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:30 AM

e-sport

LOL

#32 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:35 AM

View PostBleary, on 06 March 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

Please let 'Solaris' be more than the name attached to a small match arena queue.

You really expect something more 'solaris-y' than what currently exists? All that we need would be cheering throngs through the speakers when we do something good.

#33 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 07 March 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

You really expect something more 'solaris-y' than what currently exists? All that we need would be cheering throngs through the speakers when we do something good.

Only if we get Boo sounds when we miss or overheat XD

#34 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, aka, we don't need it, but it's an "ooh ooh shiny!" bauble from the visionaries.

#35 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

I'm hoping for something similar to the Arena in WoW. Ranking system, seasons, fixed teams, etc. Maybe just start out with 2v2 and 3v3, and then grow to larger ones later (5v5). Will need a lot of people playing to support a 5v5 league.

#36 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 06 March 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hopefully Solaris (unlimited customization) is the harbinger of Stock Mode. ;)

I'd like to see them do a 1v1 mode with leaderboards and prizes for the uber competitive ... And maybe tweak CW more towards stock, if the game will bear it.

Solaris, yea! But, no stock only option. Some of us despise it...

#37 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostHeffay, on 07 March 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

I'm hoping for something similar to the Arena in WoW.  Ranking system, seasons, fixed teams, etc.  Maybe just start out with 2v2 and 3v3, and then grow to larger ones later (5v5).  Will need a lot of people playing to support a 5v5 league.

WoW arena... if Solaris is anything like it, I will never touch it. Horrible on so many accounts. Expect people to win-trade with alt accounts soon like in WoW

#38 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

I'm looking forward to this. There can be really fun things you could do.

Smaller game free for all.
1 vs 1
4 vs 4 vs 4
CW style dropdecks.
King of the hill.

But don't expect wagering. Because real money can be used to buy c-bills it would most likely be against the law.

#39 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

Good God this pile of dung is coming out, so is it the reason why CW is so bad ?

Or is it coming out, because PGI failed in making CW interesting and fun, so not being capable of producing an interactive war map of any worth, we get just another lot of arena battles...

I smell NGNG lobbying behind this bile

#40 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostCathy, on 07 March 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Good God this pile of dung is coming out, so is it the reason why CW is so bad ?

Or is it coming out, because PGI failed in making CW interesting and fun, so not being capable of producing an interactive war map of any worth, we get just another lot of arena battles...

I smell NGNG lobbying behind this bile
I suppose because of technical issues they simply cannot make good "scenarios" which resembles battlefields from the BT novels - the hitreg issues are ample proof for that in my eyes.
Imagine NPC Units running around as well - hitreg would go crazy
I am also not sure if they can do it from a creative pov - I mean the current maps are mostly so-so or just terrible (Forrest Colony or Therma).So, I suppose we have to stick to Robo-Arena-Deatchmatchs with no true objectives. Which can be fun, however, for me it is not really Battletech.

Edited by Bush Hopper, 07 March 2015 - 09:07 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users