Store Module Loadout

195 replies to this topic

#1 Krysic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

Ok guys, we're no longer limited to 4-10 mechs. It's time to swing the nerf bat at the prices of modules and engines.

Seriously, enough timesinks. It's an action sim. People won't stop playing if they run out of stuff to buy. They'll just try new combinations and play styles.

.....or, you could give us saved loadouts, like every other game with customization options has been doing forever.

Edited by Krysic, 05 January 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#2 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:33 AM

Paulconomy says no.

God forbid we actually get to do something fun in MWO, like try out new builds.

#3 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

Saving loadouts would be amazing. My guess as to why we don't have it boils down to the game's rough start crippling everything that followed and pushing all those niceties that other titles have/had to the back of the queue behind all the necessities that they have to work on just to stay afloat in their hobbled state.

#4 Krysic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

If you logged every single players hours I bet you'd find that most people send as much if not more time in the mechlab than they do in the field. At least I do. It's one of the biggest draws of the mechwarrior franchise since day one.

How do they not get that? It's currently not fun to grind for anything, when you're done you go "Oh, great I got it. Now what do I have to grind for next?"

I hate to bring it up but I got hooked for 7 years and spent a fortune on WoW.
Why? Because I was level 10 by my second day playing.
If you give people access to the tools, they'll use them to entertain themselves.
There are a ton of mechs available in the game now, let the people play with them and they'll make you stupidly freaking rich.

#5 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:16 AM

View PostAlek Ituin, on 05 January 2015 - 01:33 AM, said:

Paulconomy says no.

God forbid we actually get to do something fun in MWO, like try out new builds.

The universal, immutable rules of MWO.

1) We can't have nice things.
2) No fun allowed.
3) Minimally viable product.
4) it's only a beta/they'll patch it/it only just released/I don't want to be alone.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

Posted Image
That is a LE Jumping Atlas. It is $25. Not a single MWO Mech should cost more than a product I can hold in my hand. Not One. And I own Hellslinger which Does cost more. :unsure:

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Posted Image
That is a LE Jumping Atlas. It is $25. Not a single MWO Mech should cost more than a product I can hold in my hand. Not One. And I own Hellslinger which Does cost more. :unsure:

Well, to craft that mech costs a little bit of plastic, or w/e, and maybe a few people to craft it....

Im sure a PC game costs alot more in coding, paying the many people creating the game. I can see stuff costing a fair bit more. Plus, Canada seems to be quite a bit more expensive then the US. Ive read the prices between Canada and the US on the back of books in school and stuff.....Canada always was a good portion higher.

But the In game prices, I wouldnt argue if they all dropped say, 25%....If to mount DHS on mechs dropped from 1.5 million to 500K, more then 25% I know. Also, if the XP costs for eliting a mech increased by maybe 20% but we only had to elite 1 mech to go all the way to master and the xtra module slot.....

Then the costs of the mechs themselves, would be nice if their prices all dropped a million or 2 each.

#8 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

Too bad we can't have that in MWO.

Not because of the jump jets, we can't have it because they put the lasers on top of the arms instead of below them or to the side.

#9 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

I wish it wasnt so but Without Price Gouging PGI cant stay in business though The Playerbase is not enough.Too many people have left.Game is on life support through the few 20 to 30 year of their youth flashback Whales.You have to take off your Homer goggles to see it.Like I said I wish it wasn't true but it is.Game is dying a slow death.it will dwindle away till PGI meets its break point and then pull the plug like you would do someone on life support with no hope of recovery and then its on to "Bass Pro shops The Strike 2" or "Duke Nukem' Forever 2"

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 05 January 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

Well, to craft that mech costs a little bit of plastic, or w/e, and maybe a few people to craft it....

Im sure a PC game costs alot more in coding, paying the many people creating the game. I can see stuff costing a fair bit more. Plus, Canada seems to be quite a bit more expensive then the US. Ive read the prices between Canada and the US on the back of books in school and stuff.....Canada always was a good portion higher.

But the In game prices, I wouldnt argue if they all dropped say, 25%....If to mount DHS on mechs dropped from 1.5 million to 500K, more then 25% I know. Also, if the XP costs for eliting a mech increased by maybe 20% but we only had to elite 1 mech to go all the way to master and the xtra module slot.....

Then the costs of the mechs themselves, would be nice if their prices all dropped a million or 2 each.

No to craft that Mech takes a sculptor to sculpt the original then comes the molds that have to be fabricated and the peuter that needs to be melted and cast. AND PACKAGING and shipping! Once the data for the toon is done there is no more cost. No reason for a game Toon to cost as much as or more than a complete video game.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 05 January 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#11 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

No to craft that Mech takes a sculptor to sculpt the original then comes the molds that have to be fabricated and the peuter that needs to be melted and cast. Once the data for the toon is done there is no more cost. No reason for a game Toon to cost as much as or more than a complete video game.

no kidding. an at lest with that little metal sculptor of an mech wont be gone when the server never goes Bye bye an your out all the money you put into it.

Edited by kf envy, 05 January 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#12 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

looks like some folk need to get a job?

#13 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 January 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

No to craft that Mech takes a sculptor to sculpt the original then comes the molds that have to be fabricated and the peuter that needs to be melted and cast. AND PACKAGING and shipping! Once the data for the toon is done there is no more cost. No reason for a game Toon to cost as much as or more than a complete video game.

once the molds are made, those cost pennies to produce.

The in game models typically require a much large investment in time and funds to make the "original", that a TT mini does (crazy though it seems).

Not saying I agree with the prices, but realistically, even most things you can hold in your hand, as you put it, really cost nearly nothing to produce. It's all the attendant costs (shipping, warehousing, packaging, salaries, insurance, etc) that you really end up paying for, just as for your electrons, you are paying PGI's power bills, salaries, rent, etc.

And in either case, the more one sells, the bigger the market, the bigger the mark down one can afford.

Biggest issue, people assume that if you cut prices in half, you will sell twice as much, and market data shows not only does that seldom happen, but you actually need to sell more than double to break even, let alone see a net gain. Even with E-items.

#14 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostIllya Arkhipova, on 05 January 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Except for setting up the manufacturing line, the logistics for moving materials to the plant, logistics for shipping the finished product to a retailer, stocking those products in some warehouse waiting for sale, etc.

Compared with delivery of digital content, which costs essentially nothing.

Not saying I agree with the prices, but realistically, even most things you can hold in your hand, as you put it, really cost nearly nothing to produce. It's all the attendant costs (shipping, warehousing, packaging, salaries, insurance, etc) that you really end up paying for, just as for your electrons, you are paying PGI's power bills, salaries, rent, etc.

Physical commodities also require all of those things.. power bills, salaries, rent, etc.... While also requiring manufacturing chain support.

Biggest issue, people assume that if you cut prices in half, you will sell twice as much, and market data shows not only does that seldom happen, but you actually need to sell more than double to break even, let alone see a net gain. Even with E-items.

The only thing that guarantees a long term stable source of revenue is a healthy, vibrant community... because no one is gonna buy imaginary robots to play in a game that isn't fun, or that no one else is playing.

One of the most devastating things that PGI did to their bottom line was selling P2W clan mechs. While they are both freely available now, and better balanced, when the clans were first introduced they were CLEARLY P2W. Mechs like the Timberwolf and Stormcrow were dramatically superior to everything else on the field. And you could ONLY play them if you paid money for them. It was the definition of P2W, despite the foolish claims to the contrary by people who enjoyed being able to pay for the advantage.

And a ton of folks just said, "F this noise" and left, and they ain't coming back. Because they assume that PGI will just do it again and some point in the future. They have no desire to invest money in a game that is going to do that again.

#15 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

Also .....maybe Transverse Funding on the Down Low :ph34r:

#16 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostIllya Arkhipova, on 05 January 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

The in game models typically require a much large investment in time and funds to make the "original", that a TT mini does (crazy though it seems).

And in either case, the more one sells, the bigger the market, the bigger the mark down one can afford.

And even then half the price and twice the sales will not be the same, because higher sales cause more efort, and so with half the price you have to make more than twice the sales.

So people said colors should be only 1$ and not 10. which then strangely menas I bought 4 and when this would be 1$ we would need 36 other people buying colors simply for me the one guy having bought 4. I doubt sales would increase by a 10x ratio when we lower color proces to that degree.

@Roland P2W is a bit different than what you describe, and TBr and SCR are still OP mechs. P2W is easily used by so many people not having an idea what it really means.

Edited by Lily from animove, 05 January 2015 - 08:31 AM.

#17 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 05 January 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

@Roland P2W is a bit different than what you describe, and TBr and SCR are still OP mechs. P2W is easily used by so many people not having an idea what it really means.

No, you are wrong.
P2W means paying money for an in game advantage, which is exactly what the clans were when they were introduced.

#18 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostRoland, on 05 January 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

[/size]
Except for setting up the manufacturing line, the logistics for moving materials to the plant, logistics for shipping the finished product to a retailer, stocking those products in some warehouse waiting for sale, etc.

Compared with delivery of digital content, which costs essentially nothing.

Physical commodities also require all of those things.. power bills, salaries, rent, etc.... While also requiring manufacturing chain support.

The only thing that guarantees a long term stable source of revenue is a healthy, vibrant community... because no one is gonna buy imaginary robots to play in a game that isn't fun, or that no one else is playing.

One of the most devastating things that PGI did to their bottom line was selling P2W clan mechs. While they are both freely available now, and better balanced, when the clans were first introduced they were CLEARLY P2W. Mechs like the Timberwolf and Stormcrow were dramatically superior to everything else on the field. And you could ONLY play them if you paid money for them. It was the definition of P2W, despite the foolish claims to the contrary by people who enjoyed being able to pay for the advantage.

And a ton of folks just said, "F this noise" and left, and they ain't coming back. Because they assume that PGI will just do it again and some point in the future. They have no desire to invest money in a game that is going to do that again.

They've done a lot of devastating things. The one factor keeping this game alive is the tenacity and devotion of its playerbase.

Even that's not gonna carry MWO through this CW beta early access only an alpha AAA release. PGI needs to get into the trenches, and very soon, or it's gonna be for real ggclose.

#19 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

how about equipment purchases with MC and I don't mean spending MC on Cbills either. Give those engines and what not an MC amount. Make the MC amount cheaper than the cbill amount (like 50% off equivalent) and give us an incentive to spend more :)

MC should have advantages all around. I can spend real money OR just grind for free...which would PGI rather?

I'd love to outfit all my mechs but those XL engines get expensive.

Edited by Bigbacon, 05 January 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#20 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostRoland, on 05 January 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

No, you are wrong.
P2W means paying money for an in game advantage, which is exactly what the clans were when they were introduced.

Only if the advantage is not available for freemiums, but the early access is then by this not p2w, its just early access.p2w would mean you will not get it as a freemium at all without spending money, yet you can.

btw digital content HAS costs, costs of database space, and this is NOT cheap if you have any true idea what dataspace in a datacenter costs, and what and how database licencese cost.

oh wait, you can

http://www.oracle.co...list-070617.pdf

and this by definition is by processors the databse uses, so much fun paying licences for databses and their support, its hella expensive stuff per year. And I recommend you playing some of those asia MMO's to know what p2w means, because you have never probably seen it. yes the TBR is stronger, yet not p2w because you can beat it. But real p2w where stats are 2x as good as what a freemium can get, that is what real p2w is. an advanatge that is a deciding factor is p2w, not p2be somehow better. an advantage where even the most stupid randombob cna win vs a high skilled player.

Many of you guys don't know what p2w means, nor how this really looks in most games and even less have you any idea what such a game like MWO costs to run.

Edited by Lily from animove, 05 January 2015 - 08:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users