#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

That seems about right...

Of course, we're still not out of the Great Mech Depression due to the Paulconomy.

#3 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Same as ever

Posted Image

#4 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

Same low income as ever. If you get lots of assists along with plenty of "kill most damage+killing blow" you'll earn decent amounts. If you only get assists however, you'll stay space poor.

Edited by Greenjulius, 09 March 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#5 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

The biggest problem with the economy is that there is too much emphasis on killing blows. Most people haven't broken down the numbers, but getting that last point of damage can have a huge impact on your money.

Let's Assume you busted your butt to kill a mech. However, in one situation you get the killing blow, but the other someone sneaks in and gets the last point of damage so you get an assist.

Kill
Killing blow: 4000
Kill Most Damage: 5,000
Solo Kill: 10,000
component destruction: 2300

Total: 21,300 cbills

Assist

Assist: 3,500
Kill Most Damage: 5,000

Total: 8,500 cbills

Edited by Jman5, 09 March 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#6 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

I wish the rewards in general were better. I'm not exactly killing half of the enemy team every game. Rewards must be pretty **** for most players. When I saw how much damage I did in this match I thought 'yea cool' then I saw my reward at the end. meh.
Posted Image

I'm better off stealing securing kills in my FS9-A

Edited by Taffer, 09 March 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#7 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

I'm more curious how the OP got 9000XP. 200K in a game is reachable now if you do particularly well. Good matches, about 130k?

#8 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

View PostRossario x Vampire, on 09 March 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Is finaly PAULCONOMY are down as issue or it's just me? O_o

Rewards are still as bad as horse dung. Take a look at this--where I had clearly done better than you, yet got measly 150K for the effort.

Posted Image

View PostLynx7725, on 09 March 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm more curious how the OP got 9000XP. 200K in a game is reachable now if you do particularly well. Good matches, about 130k?

Double XP weekend.

Edited by El Bandito, 09 March 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#9 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

Payouts are light and the prices are static, when they should fluctuate at LEAST monthly based on previous demand/ purchases. Meta mechs, equipment and fads should cost more.

Resell value should also go up or down by how much of an item is bought or sold.

#10 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 March 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

Double XP weekend.

Ah thanks. That explains it (mostly).

#11 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 March 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

Rewards are still as bad as horse dung. Take a look at this--where I had clearly done better than you, yet got measly 150K for the effort.

Ridiculous. Guess you didn't get those sweet sweet lucky savior kills. but wait. you did haha. I have no idea

Edited by Taffer, 09 March 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#12 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

View PostLynx7725, on 09 March 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

Ah thanks. That explains it (mostly).

Stacks with champion mech bonus. That explains it fully.

#13 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

I wish Damage and assists counted for more, because I regularly deal good damage on the team, but rarely ever get a kill anymore, other than the rare few and far between games where I get 4-5.

Feels like somebody always hijacks my killshot after I get into a good fight, then I'm left all beat to hell and overheated and I swiftly get murdered and stiffed my cbills :P

Teamwork hmm? I wish I was actually getting payed for my end of that teamwork.

Even on a good round, I rarely ever see higher than 120,000 cbills, and on a loss, its not even funny when it can be as low as 30,000 cbills even with a good # of assists and damage dealt.

And thats before accounting for Consumables.

Edited by Mister D, 09 March 2015 - 11:52 PM.

#14 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

Posted Image

#15 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

Still pretty low IMO for a standard pub game...
Loyalty Centurion game CN9-AH made it worthwhile
It would have been alot if PT was running I guess, but games like this happen like 1 time out of 20-25 for me.
Posted Image

#16 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:05 AM

I would love if damage counted for more cbills. Damage is the first thing I look at tbh, to gauge how well I did. A lot of kills and assists can happen by chance, but damage done is the most direct measure of my effort.

Here's 3 games I just did

over 700 damage? Well my team may have gotten owned but at least I put up a good fight
Posted Image

sigh 86k. That match was a disaster and still managed to take a while and that's all I get?

Posted Image

Wishing I could stop thinking that over 1k damage is my ticket to 200k+ cbills. Always disappoint

Posted Image
There we go, an over 200k match. And only 1 assist.

Ah yes of course, I have to put on my luck pants and kill half the enemy team if I want to get over 200k. But wait, that's ridiculously hard to do. Why can't my actual ass kicking (damage done) give me this much? Why is it so important that I nab the actual kills?

What really sucks is that you know a lot of people aren't even doing that good. That must mean the average player is making JACK **** right? My friends are casuals and they hardly get cbills.

I have a friend that went so far as buying a hero mech (muromets) because the grind is so bad. The grind is STILL awful for him because 30% of 30,60,100k doesn't really mean much. It takes him forever to buy anything and the game gets stale. He can barely afford to even experiment with his mechs buying new weapons and stuff.

So just tell my casual MWO buddies to buy premium time right? Fat chance. They are not going to waste money on premium time. It burns away while they don't play and the 50% is just not impressive considering the average earnings. How do you expect them to ever buy mech bays? Okay so just BUY the mechs with actual money right? Well no, they aren't going for it. It's just too much. They can just buy new games for those kinds of prices. And really, they aren't too interested in throwing money at what they already consider a boring game.

I didn't really want to get into this, but **** it I'm ranting. We are BORED, so CW should be fun right? SOmething different to do? Well **** we hate it. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to find a match and when we do we get stomped. It's even MORE a waste of time in terms of earning cbills. What a disappointment. We aren't competitive we aren't 12 guys. My friends are casuals. We get wrecked in group queue just fine, but CW is miserable.

In the end, what you have here, what PGI has created is a HARDCORE game that shits on new or casual players and turns them away. I'm hopelessly hooked on this game for some reason, so it has been kinda pushing me away from my normal gaming buddies and I think that sucks. I guess it's 'niche', it is what it is, but they want to like it to. They have given the game a fair chance several times and they always wind up with the same conclusion, it gets stale because it's too grindy. If it wasn't so grindy, they could buy new mechs and things to keep it from getting stale.

#17 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:14 AM

What do you guys even expect? If they gave you the sorts of rewards you want for playing average, imagine the rewards the top players would be getting. There'd be absolutely no reason for premium time what so ever.

So you're an average player? Then you get average rewards. That's how it works. Stop treating this GAME like a JOB. Expecting to be paid by the hour. :angry:

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 09 March 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

That seems about right...

Of course, we're still not out of the Great Mech Depression due to the Paulconomy.

The Great Mech Depression ended in Closed Beta.

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

View PostMaccasimus, on 10 March 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

What do you guys even expect? If they gave you the sorts of rewards you want for playing average, imagine the rewards the top players would be getting. There'd be absolutely no reason for premium time what so ever.

So you're an average player? Then you get average rewards. That's how it works. Stop treating this GAME like a JOB. Expecting to be paid by the hour. :angry:

Top players do not need much of the increased rewards, since they play so much, they already got everything they need. The game's reward system should be bit more casual friendly (cause that's where most players are at), and I do not mean cadet bonus.

#20 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

View PostMaccasimus, on 10 March 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

But it drives people away. If they aren't making much progress they will get bored and leave. These people are also 'content' you know. I'm not saying it needs to be stupid high, it just needs to be higher. So what if everybody's average went up by like 25k or more? Would that be so bad? The way I see it, there is already no reason for premium time because 50% of 100k (or hell LESS than 100k) is not that big of a deal. Maybe that's just me.

Really though, balance the rewards out a bit. You can't expect everybody to get kills, but you can expect them to do some damage. So how about less emphasis on kills? The above average players will still get good rewards, but at least the average and below average can get something.

You know what would be REALLY cool? If I could use my group coffer from CW to give cbills to my friends.

Edited by Taffer, 10 March 2015 - 02:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users