#121 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostSoy, on 10 March 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure I mean I get it, what you're sayin is pretty standard. I know what you mean. But still....

At same time if people aren't given room to experiment, even at higher levels, who will really know, ya know? How else do you quantify it w/o hard data.

Takes time to build:

At higher levels, you let people experiment because half the time they are the Drop Commander forcing you to take a new build, or if you are the DC and they know what they are doing, you trust their build and make fun of them if it fails :P

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 10 March 2015 - 05:35 PM.

#122 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 10 March 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

At higher levels, you let people experiment because half the time they are the Drop Commander forcing you to take a new build, or if you are the DC and they know what they are doing, you trust their build and make fun of them if it fails :P

Absolutely that's the quo. ^^

People need to relax on the judgmental **** of each other so much I think. Too much linear thinking just in general. If you're making fun of a mate cuz his build is derp and he knows it that's fair play. GG. But just ******** on some guy's build because you think it could be min/max'd one specific way always is pretty cringy.

Edited by Soy, 10 March 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#123 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 10 March 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm sorry but this is a place we will never see eye to eye.

Those global heat nerfs were necessary. It wasn't due to the TBR, SCR and DWF.

The CERMLAS as a weapon was simply too good.

Even now it's too good, but I'm OK with it because the way clans are designed it is a backbone weapon for most of their builds, there is no way around this and I don't want to see more Ghost heat in the game.

But when I can't fire MLAS to reach an alpha of 40 damage at 270m without getting hit with ghost heat, but I can swap to a clan mech and fire a 42 point alpha at 405m range with no Ghost Heat, clearly, something is amiss.

2x 42 point alphas for 30 heat each was ridiculous.

That is more than 4 large lasers worth of damage per arm, and was at the same 450m range for the heat cost of only slightly larger than 3 LLAS per arm, all for the cost of ONE ton per weapon.

Right now, if you build your Nova with 2x Prime Arms (-10% heat gen total), more than any you are only paying 5.4 heat per laser - so it is nearly back to where it was for the Nova.

Remove 2x CERMLAS, dropping down to 10. Add 2 Heatsinks, fire 2x 35 point alphas for 27 heat.

I don't understand why people say that, Alpine skirmish/assault is almost always a close range brawl on the hill.

Conquest is usually a fast moving skirmish battle around Theta.

Short range weapons are fine on Alpine, the current meta doesn't see many long rand sniping stand offs.

I can see not agreeing with all of his builds or the finer points of where in a tier a mech should be or if it should be one tier higher/lower.

I think "absurd" is about the same level of stretching a word as saying the Nova "sucks" or is "useless".

I watch a lot of the player run tournaments when I have time and it's pretty accurate for the mechs that I see played most frequently.

yes because 6 MPL Novas and 4 MPL Summoners were MetaLords.

Oh wait...they weren't.

View PostSoy, on 10 March 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

People put way too much emphasis into some random guy's meta list.

No personal disrespect intended to Gman but, that 'list' is absurd.

Think for yourself, I say. Sometimes it works out well. Sometimes it works out very fun[derp]. I consider either a success, with different goals in mind.

I didn't study other people playing 3D when I cut trip PPC [evolved to 2+gas] meta off a fresh block; I did what I wanted to do.

Do what you want, and if it works well, figure out why and refine it.

Glad someone else has the nerve to say it. And yes, sorry Ultimatum, but some of his stuff is patently absurd.

View PostUltimatum X, on 10 March 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

I do wish others were putting out similar lists, for the sheer fun of debating the finer points of it.

My opinion is that new players should play like "sheep" (to an extent), and play relatively optimized builds to get them going.

To much build freedom means I get some truly awful mechs on my team fairly regularly... (I'm looking at you Mr. Multi-machine gun Dire Wolf with LRMs and Lasers).

You know you have reached a point where you are good, when you can then deviate and innovate from the typical builds and typical strategies and succeed.

Problem is most of the "meta" builds are all but useless for the New Sheeple anyhow, or anyone not playing in a coordinated team environment.

Instead it gets all the people falling in line and buying into the various Meta nonsense, and unable to think or try for themselves, where we end up with people believing idiotic tripe like Centy's can't XL, (or that the Zombie was actually somehow a phenomenally good build), etc.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 10 March 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#124 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

View PostSoy, on 10 March 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

People put way too much emphasis into some random guy's meta list.

No personal disrespect intended to Gman but, that 'list' is absurd.

Think for yourself, I say. Sometimes it works out well. Sometimes it works out very fun[derp]. I consider either a success, with different goals in mind.

I didn't study other people playing 3D when I cut trip PPC [evolved to 2+gas] meta off a fresh block; I did what I wanted to do.

Do what you want, and if it works well, figure out why and refine it.

This so much. I absolutely cringe every time someone quotes metamech builds at me like it's a goddamn bible.

Some of those builds are terrible, some of them are good.

If you can't articulate about why a build works well for a particular role, you shouldn't be in a discussion about "meta builds" imo. One of the important skills that most high level players have is the ability to analyze why a build would be good or not.

Think for yourself!

#125 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 March 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

Instead it gets all the people falling in line and buying into the various Meta nonsense, and unable to think or try for themselves, where we end up with people believing idiotic tripe like Centy's can't XL, (or that the Zombie was actually somehow a phenomenally good build), etc.

First, the Zombie Cent was a phenomenal build....at one time, back during the reign of the Splatapult and before it got its hit boxes changed.
Second, I think you misunderstand the point of "falling in line with the meta". The point of new players learning meta mechs isn't to enslave them to the elitist meta tryhards. It is a crutch used to get them to a point where they can learn about the in's and out's of the game as well as be effective. Once the learn the finer points of the game, then of course they can begin to argue with people about new designs/builds that they think would be good and actually "thinking" for themselves.
Not to mention the truly good players/teams, are proactive in regards to the meta, not retroactive.

#126 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 March 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

yes because 6 MPL Novas and 4 MPL Summoners were MetaLords.

Oh wait...they weren't.

I've already laid it out to you, see it or don't see it.

I'm clearly not the only person who has made the tiny mental leap that when you can take 6 tons of lasers and have them do more damage, and be cooler, at the same range as 20 tons of lasers that there is a balance issue.

That's why they got nerfed.

I do wish you could actually address the math in my posts at some point, instead of just glossing over them and tossing out something of a false dichotomy.

i.e. just because Novas and Summoners were not "meta lords" using those weapons - that doesn't mean that those weapons weren't actually overpowered.

So, your examples.

Are you overheating in a 4 MPL Summoner now? Please explain.

If this is your "wubboner" build with an LB 10, I already tossed out a challenge to you in the other thread that you didn't answer (because no IS heavy can run that load out and run it cool either)

As for the 6 MPL Nova, let's look at this as a case study.

Original Numbers
  • 6 MPL @ 7 Damage each, 5 heat each, 12 Tons total
  • Alpha = 42 damage, 30 total heat
Current Numbers
  • 5 MPL @ 8 Damage each, 5.4 heat each after quirks, 10 Tons total
  • Alpha = 40 damage, 27 total heat
Congrats! I just saved you 3 heat on your alpha, and 2 tons on your build for pretty much the exact same damage per alpha.

Oh wait, on top of that the beam duration is shorter now than it was at clan launch!

So you are upset about a 12 ton weapon load out that you can now do for 10 tons instead and also at lower heat than you did before CMPLs heat went up (and then were subsequently buffed in Damage, and reduced Burn).

This is an example of why I look at overall loadouts.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 11 March 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#127 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostSoy, on 09 March 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

But lets be honest - what mech doesn't get ruined in focus fire? Really. What's an extra 5-10 secs of soaking?

I don't get your agenda. You know perfectly well that 10 seconds can be critical during a push. A Hunchback can take one hell of a beating into his LT and only lose 1 Medium Laser, while still dishing out damage. In a Nova you can either torso twist and lose your weapons or don't and hope the enemy can't aim for your CT.

And frankly, hiding for half of the match means that you get carried by your team. I've seen Panthers exposing themselves through the whole match, attracting enormous amounts of enemy fire, and still retaining battle effectiveness till the end of the match. Admit it - a Nova is easier to disable than a 35ton Panther.

Edited by Kmieciu, 10 March 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#128 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostKmieciu, on 10 March 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

I don't get your agenda. You know perfectly well that 10 seconds can be critical during a push. A Hunchback can take one hell of a beating into his LT and only lose 1 Medium Laser, while still dishing out damage. In a Nova you can either torso twist and lose your weapons or don't and hope the enemy can't aim for your CT.

You can build a Nova asymmetrically as well.

Like this or this. (The second version is to use the higher torso mounts for poking with 2x lasers, and when you sacrifice the left side you lose many heatsinks, so losing that laser is fine since you will be running much hotter anwyay).

#129 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:52 PM

Admit it - a Nova is easier to disable than a 35ton Panther.

Na.

I guess I'd admit that a Panther, like some other mechs, has a broken hitbox, which is something that lots of scrubs and tryhards alike crutch? I dunno, w/e.

I don't worry about Panthers, dunno about you, lol...

And frankly, hiding for half of the match means that you get carried by your team. I've seen Panthers exposing themselves through the whole match, attracting enormous amounts of enemy fire, and still retaining battle effectiveness till the end of the match.

By the way when you say something like hiding down for half the match, by that same notion, some can opener that gets **** on early is getting carried even if he vanguarded a push that opened a round into a snowball. A sniper that trade barbs and gets cored and has to hunker down and play tighter gets carried. A brawler that gets gimped early on gets carried.

See how asinine this is.

Edited by Soy, 10 March 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#130 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 10 March 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Like this or this. (The second version is to use the higher torso mounts for poking with 2x lasers, and when you sacrifice the left side you lose many heatsinks, so losing that laser is fine since you will be running much hotter anwyay).

Yeah. Except C-ER ML have 1.15 s duration and you will be at a disadvantage with almost every IS laser mech out there.
10xC-SPL means 0.75 seconds exposure for 60 damage alpha. That's an edge you can use.

Besides. You can load 5xSRM6+A on a Stormcrow and have the same alpha for less heat and more range. Maybe it's not pinpoint, but at least you can apply it instantly with minimal exposure time.

Timberwolf has the durability to trade ERML blasts, Nova does not.

Edited by Kmieciu, 10 March 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#131 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostSoy, on 10 March 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

@ CapperDeluxe - it's actually making fun of being obnoxious. It's making fun of myself.. That's what it's poking fun of. I never once spoke in the video or tried to be condescending. The first 2 "MLG" clips make fun of that ****. Can't win with you people, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Whatever dude.

-----

@ Lily I read your entire post, a whole page, then realized you just typed up all this and talk about how I'm using 12 Small Lasers. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wtf

It's about approaching a weapon that people think is one-dimensional, and a mech that people think has nothing special about it, and showing that they both have unique aspects. If you think Nova does nothing different than the Crow you're crazy.

Thats the issue with the whole vid, the entire most important thing about the nova is the way you approach, yet your video does not show that we only see the result in a situation. It just shows a result which many mechs can get into and no one knows how much effort vs randomness is put into those.
I said small lasers because I went too bprong saying small pulse lasers, XD or more accurate clan pulse lasers.

View PostKain Thul, on 10 March 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

I only brought it up because I thought it was funny that Alpine is considered to be a **** map for SPL and there we were. My Gargoyle had 12 SPL and 24 DHS but I was still able to put them to use. Kind of like your Nova project the three of us were running Gargoyles last night boating SPLs and playing aggressively and we carried way more often than we lost.

yeah the gargoyle is the better cooled nova without JJ's yet its twist friendly and can tank some damage. Given the opponent lets you come in range. But Soy's video showed very great hitreg as well, so i wonder, what his latency is, probably not EU latency. (or the vid did just not showed any "I shot 12 SPL in the back of a non moving light and nothing happoened")
Becaue if you are EU palyer and roughly 20-40% of damage is not registering then the Nova is going to be a horribly heat inefficient mech. Leading targets with beamweapons is more randomness sicne you cna not really predict the movement of this mech, except expectign him to go straight.

View Postaniviron, on 10 March 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

Other things I don't like about the Nova: I noticed that not once did any of your lasers hit the ground; again, it's great when all your weapons hit, but I can't think of a single mech I own with lower-mounted weapon hardpoints, and it's incredibly common and terribly frustrating to fire a 12 laser alpha and have six of them hit the floor because the lasers are not only on low arms, but they're on the bottom of the arm as well.

Well his vid is a compilation, he just did not showed you those "ground" hitting shots. Further when you truly dedicate a LOT matches into a single mech, then you lern where on which map your hardpoints of this mech will be able to shoot not into the ground. that is the reward for playing many many games in a specific mech. The amount of "ground hits" is then getting less and less. If you however constantly change mechs you will have trouble recognising these locations for most areas on a map.

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 10 March 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

I've been wanting to set up a series of 1v1s with certain clan mechs vs certain IS mechs like:
-Nova vs IS 50 tonners
-Myth Lynx vs Commando
-Summoner vs IS heavies
-Gargoyle vs Awesomes

in this setup, Nova may turn out as a winner quite often, simply because it entirely differs from a combat situation, in a combat many areas are denied by bbeing in view of other mechs. and once someone sees you, you can simply be hit too easily. in a one on one. that differs, you will have many ways to approach or hide in your niche and once you are there boom 144dmg in like 4 seconds. but a LL circada? you will probably never get in range EVER or vs a scr pilot knowing what he does.

it owuld still be fun making some medium duels. we have fats mediums like the YLW, slow and punchy ones like th HBK.

View PostSoy, on 10 March 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

Absolutely that's the quo. ^^

People need to relax on the judgmental **** of each other so much I think. Too much linear thinking just in general. If you're making fun of a mate cuz his build is derp and he knows it that's fair play. GG. But just ******** on some guy's build because you think it could be min/max'd one specific way always is pretty cringy.

yeah thats the reason I why never gonna join any competitve clan and better make my own thing. It will not force me to tryhard, or use the min/maxed stuff. Knowing what is good and what is bad is one thing, but having fun in it is another.

And "testing" a new build is anyways problematic, because 10 matches are not a real test at all, 10 matches work on an "easy build" to see I f it is good. But there are many good builds that are just harder to make them work, because you need 50 or even 100 matches before you really know how the build has to be used to. And then the build can probably even be better than most mainsteam "easy builds". But this is a way many people are not willing to go, or what they simply can't because they do not play that often or just do not want to play only one mech for this.

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 10 March 2015 - 09:33 PM, said:

First, the Zombie Cent was a phenomenal build....at one time, back during the reign of the Splatapult and before it got its hit boxes changed.
Second, I think you misunderstand the point of "falling in line with the meta". The point of new players learning meta mechs isn't to enslave them to the elitist meta tryhards. It is a crutch used to get them to a point where they can learn about the in's and out's of the game as well as be effective. Once the learn the finer points of the game, then of course they can begin to argue with people about new designs/builds that they think would be good and actually "thinking" for themselves.
Not to mention the truly good players/teams, are proactive in regards to the meta, not retroactive.

half of these metamechs are too complicated actually to be a good mech for a new player. Many of these metamechs require you to know a lot things first, and thes epeople will horribly fail using them. Many newbies are better off using some less maxed builds that are easier to use, Builds where they can not make mistakes too easily. Because when a small mistakes makes you instagib, a newbie does not lern anything. He may not even be able to figure out why and what made this fail happen.

View PostUltimatum X, on 10 March 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

LOL, elo hell? seriously, "poking" with 2 torso CERML in a nova means still to expose a LOT mech for a decent amount of time (if you want to deliver the damage of the entire beam). Every half decent pilot will retailiate this behavior, and then you have probably taken more damage than done. not a concept to live long and prosper as a Nova pilot.

I would love to make a grp with you and soy plaing some Nova only matches. that would be fun, and then you can test your theory on the battlefield. You can then also see vs. what kind of pilots this theory works.

#132 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

Speaking of Metamechs, GMan has a bit of an unhealthy obsession with the SRM2 and believes that it's a good weapon.

Metamechs is a nice and useful reference site, and GMan is a good player, but his website shouldn't be taken at face-value or else we'd have an SRM2 meta on our hands here...

Edited by FupDup, 11 March 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#133 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 10 March 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

Yeah. Except C-ER ML have 1.15 s duration and you will be at a disadvantage with almost every IS laser mech out there.
10xC-SPL means 0.75 seconds exposure for 60 damage alpha. That's an edge you can use.

Besides. You can load 5xSRM6+A on a Stormcrow and have the same alpha for less heat and more range. Maybe it's not pinpoint, but at least you can apply it instantly with minimal exposure time.

Timberwolf has the durability to trade ERML blasts, Nova does not.

Pick which thing is more important to you.

You asserted that you either "torso twist and lose weapons" or hope the enemy can't CT you.

Now it's "My CERMLAS are too long for an asymmetric build!"

You have a lot of firepower, you can twist away when you need to and lose some of it.

This is the nature of the game.

You can also try a Pseudo-asymmetric build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6c28af3a9d84d3a

I'm not crazy about that CERSLAS, I'd probably just go with an unused 0.46 tons.

You get a shield side, you still have a 54 to 59 point alpha, you still have low exposure time from the SPLs.

View PostFupDup, on 11 March 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

Speaking of Metamechs, GMan has a bit of an unhealthy obsession with the SRM2 and believes that it's a good weapon.

At least he has admitted he has that clearly bizarre addiction. :lol:

I think you are also mis-reading him.

I'm pretty sure zero of the actual build links from the Competitive Tier List have SRM 2s.

He puts up a lot of oddball builds and builds that are clearly not meta in the guides.

Usually the meta-buld or the closest thing to it, is the first one listed in the master guide.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 11 March 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#134 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 11 March 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Pick which thing is more important to you.

You asserted that you either "torso twist and lose weapons" or hope the enemy can't CT you.

Now it's "My CERMLAS are too long for an asymmetric build!"

You have a lot of firepower, you can twist away when you need to and lose some of it.

This is the nature of the game.

You can also try a Pseudo-asymmetric build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6c28af3a9d84d3a

I'm not crazy about that CERSLAS, I'd probably just go with an unused 0.46 tons.

You get a shield side, you still have a 54 to 59 point alpha, you still have low exposure time from the SPLs.

At least he has admitted he has that clearly bizarre addiction. :lol:

I think you are also mis-reading him.

I'm pretty sure zero of the actual build links from the Competitive Tier List have SRM 2s.

He puts up a lot of oddball builds and builds that are clearly not meta in the guides.

Usually the meta-buld or the closest thing to it, is the first one listed in the master guide.

LOL, a shield side on a nova? that works vs who? noobs?

Posted Image

this efficiently shields nothing vs skilled pilots.

Edited by Lily from animove, 11 March 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#135 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 11 March 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

LOL, a shield side on a nova? that works vs who? noobs?

So you are saying that face tanking the damage straight to the CT is better than twisting and sacrificing one of your sides?

Posted Image

#136 willismaximus

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:36 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 11 March 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

So you are saying that face tanking the damage straight to the CT is better than twisting and sacrificing one of your sides?

I believe they are saying that you can't shield your CT by twisting even if you wanted. Looking at the hit box picture, the arms cover nothing, and the torso at 90 degrees is still at least 50% CT. It's still a very large target from the side.

Posted Image

That's your sight picture of a twisted nova's torso. It's better than face tanking, but not much.

That being said, I don't have much of an issue with the nova. It was the second clan mech I mastered, and it still the only mech I own other than my DW that I consistently score 750 - 1K damage. That's usually with 6ER small and 6 ER med + 4MG. It's not a brawler. If you want to brawl, you better knock the other guy out in the first two punches or you're in trouble.

The only issue I have is how bad the JJ's are, which is a systematic issue not indicative of this particular mech.

Edited by willismaximus, 11 March 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#137 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, it's the massive CT profile on the side that makes me sad.

#138 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

Posted Image

That means a shieldside on a Nova is a pointless feature because it will not work outside random bobs elo.

your logic:

Posted Image

Edited by Lily from animove, 11 March 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#139 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Nova can't dish damage.

I think the argument is that even glancing firefights can be disastrous due to the the way the nova's size and hitbox's.

I personally like the nova, but for 5 tons heavier the stormcrow is infinitely better than the nova.

#140 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostFupDup, on 11 March 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

Metamechs is a nice and useful reference site, and GMan is a good player, but his website shouldn't be taken at face-value or else we'd have an SRM2 meta on our hands here...

*checks for personal builds that uses SRM2s*

*remembers only using ASRM4s @ minimum*

I should experiment with SRM4s (I do have a Shadowhawk-2D2) and it might just be worthwhile.

I'm still trying to understand why SRM2s have ghost heat, but the almighty flaming necromancer seems to know more than me.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users