68 replies to this topic

#21 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 March 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

To be fair, i did read someone in MS dislinking how , fighting for certain factions, their gains were undone after all their work.. Now they are doing it themselves.

Maybe they are like "Only MS takes MS planets? " :ph34r: :P

Eh some in MS care for planets most don't, sadly there a few of the leaders in MS are the ones that only care about tags on planets and don't care if they force people to ghost drop to get them.

i guess i should make a note on this since it looks like i called out the MS leadership, i only have a problem with like one or two of them with the reasons for picking our next factions.

Edited by hybrid black, 11 March 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#22 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

Hopefully you can get it sorted out Hybrid

#23 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Gyrok and CyclonerM, you raise a couple of points that could probably bear some further thought...

Gyrok, I haven't been online since MS switched to Steiner, so I can't speak to who is attacking what (I literally haven't been on TS since Monday and haven't heard what directions MS is following), but Hybrid mentioned above that the push is to attack Jade Falcon and I have no reason to believe otherwise. These may not be MS initiated attacks, or, if they are, may not be done with the intention of actually taking a planet, which I'll get to a little further down. Or, like Hybrid also said above, it could be a rogue group - all factions have them, much as some won't want to admit it.

CyclonerM, I think you're getting close to better understanding how mercenaries think in regards to CW, but may be slightly off in your conclusion that "only MS takes MS". I'm not in MS leadership and I won't pretend to speak for them or for mercenaries in general, but I can tell you how I personally think about CW.

First and foremost, I want good, competitive fights and good pay for being in those fights. That trumps everything else.

Second, since there's no color on the map for mercenaries, the only other thing of perceived value at the moment is planet tags. No, they aren't worth anything tangible, but there are some bragging rights to having more of them or having them on certain notable planets. Just like Factions have planet counts and the race to Terra, Mercs have tags. In fact, Factions have both colors and tags...

So, it doesn't make sense for a mercenary unit to expend effort taking a planet they already "own" via their tag without some other driver being in place. If MS is attacking MS planets inside another faction, it's probably for lack of better options to accomplish goal #1 - good, competitive fights. If the planet switches factions but retains the unit's tag, then so be it, but "only MS kills MS" would seem to be taking it way too far.

In fact, if you think about goal #2 and watch where and when planet tags are flipping and then combine that with which faction allegiances hold the best prospects for providing goal #1, I'd wager you might begin to deduce where certain mercenary units are likely to go next. After that, there could be personal preferences or aversions that cause certain groups to lean more one way than another, and those will never be fully understood, but I think these are probably decent SWAG's at the incentives.

Like I said, I'm not involved in the discussions for MS, but if you accept that the above are the incentives, the behavior should naturally follow, n'est ce pas? So far I'm 2 for 2 in guessing MS's next move and I've only been active here for a month. Granted, it's probably easier from the inside as I hear more from the members, but I bet a number of folks in certain Wolf units who dropped with us last week had a good idea what was coming just by being on our comms for a bit.

Edited by Khereg, 11 March 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#24 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 11 March 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Hopefully you can get it sorted out Hybrid

Yeah we got it sorted out, he was a new officer that in my person opinion might of been promoted a little fast and giving to much say.

Edited by hybrid black, 11 March 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostKhereg, on 11 March 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

I see your points. I admit i very rarely saw things from the merc perspective,

However, "only MS takes MS planets" was more of some kind of joke than an actual belief ;)

#26 S E M T E X

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAbout to core your mech

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:16 AM

Ground control to Gyrok, Dezgra Galaxy need not to worry,the back yard you mention is New Oslo and the fear of you losing your garrison planet?

The Gyrok has been asleep it has now awakened...welcome back Sire.

#27 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:07 AM

View PostCaptin Angelo, on 12 March 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

Ground control to Gyrok, Dezgra Galaxy need not to worry,the back yard you mention is New Oslo and the fear of you losing your garrison planet?

The Gyrok has been asleep it has now awakened...welcome back Sire.

Fear? We rolled every group we fought on Dawn and Grumium last night. If anyone should be afraid...it would be you. Nice alt account to trash talk by the way. Where is your real account?

#28 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

Grumium got massively zerged by the IS towards that last 30 mins last night, we had that planet up to 73%, SWOL did not lose a single drop on that planet last night (at least my SWOL team did not, some very close games against partial seraphim and partial ACES) and we still could not take that planet.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 12 March 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#29 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 12 March 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Grumium got massively zerged by the IS towards that last 30 mins last night, we had that planet up to 73%, SWOL did not lose a single drop on that planet last night (at least my SWOL team did not, some very close games against partial seraphim and partial ACES) and we still could not take that planet.

One of the big problems with CW in my opinion , the Zerg always wins even if you beat them every time

#30 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 11 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Every unit in Clan Wolf needs to double down on CW right now if they do not want to see us pushed back.

Right now we are the ONLY clan with 3 different IS borders and Steiner has a **** ton of mercs all of the sudden and will not be as soft as we are used to them being.

Perhaps you could hire some merc units of your own? Fight fire with fire? Look for units that take private contracts and make an offer :)

#31 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

So... What should we call FRR atm... they are clearly not a Inner Sphere State, as there are many pirate holdings that have more systems then they currently do. :D FRR. Free Rasalhague Remnants?

#32 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 12 March 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

FRR. Free Rasalhague Remnants?

Ahahah. I kind of feel bad for them.. :(

#33 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:43 PM

So... What should we call FRR atm... they are clearly not a Inner Sphere State, as there are many pirate holdings that have more systems then they currently do. :D FRR. Free Rasalhague Remnants?

LOL!!!!!!!!!

I am definitely using that...

#34 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

The irony is that FRR was former Kurita territory in lore and now in game its once again kurita territory (or at least some of it is)

Edited by Grimwill, 12 March 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#35 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 11 March 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

The CK trash is not worth any more words then this.

Low, but expected...

#36 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 11 March 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Eh some in MS care for planets most don't, sadly there a few of the leaders in MS are the ones that only care about tags on planets and don't care if they force people to ghost drop to get them.

#37 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostShredhead, on 12 March 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Low, but expected...

It boggles my mind that people want to be associated with MS when they openly admit how much they hate their own members.

#38 S E M T E X

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAbout to core your mech

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:26 AM

Ground control to Gyrok...respond?....."Static"...bzzzzt...bzzzttt "Walp,this is Dezgra Galaxy,New Oslo under attack...can't deal with fail anymore....bzzzt.."Static"" Walp need moooar baby Gyrok's"....
lost all signals.

#39 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

Thank you for the fun drops on New Oslo last night. Looking forward to more of the same. See you on the battelfield and always remember, a good opponents helps you up after a good fight. Need a hand? I think our ASTechs may have taken a few with for souvenirs. We will make sure to return them as soon as they have been cleaned up and the black and white paint has dried sufficiently D:

#40 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 13 March 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Thank you for the fun drops on New Oslo last night. Looking forward to more of the same. See you on the battelfield and always remember, a good opponents helps you up after a good fight. Need a hand? I think our ASTechs may have taken a few with for souvenirs. We will make sure to return them as soon as they have been cleaned up and the black and white paint has dried sufficiently D:

Good to see people who enjoy the fights! Understand this correctly, but you guys are putting up quite the fight up there!

Been in a few drops and unfortunatly, not everyone is reacting the same way as you to the challenge that the FRR currently faces. Even when trying to tell them that we appreciate the fights, it is not rare we get quite a few angry rants against us.

I hope you will have more good fights!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users