Meanwhile...in Frr

68 replies to this topic

#41 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Well, judging from the map right now FRR clearly became an inter-clan issue. I wonder how that feels...

Anyway. With some coordinated effort I believe it is possible for CW and CGB to keep FRR at bay, more or less. Problem is that Kuritans will push once we reprioritize our targets and without serious effort from Smoke Jags Kuritans might actually score some planets. Interesting times ahead...

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 18 March 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#42 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 18 March 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

Well, judging from the map right now FRR clearly became an inter-clan issue. I wonder how that feels...

Anyway. With some coordinated effort I believe it is possible for CW and CGB to keep FRR at bay, more or less. Problem is that Kuritans will push once we reprioritize our targets and without serious effort from Smoke Jags Kuritans might actually score some planets. Interesting times ahead...

The challenge kinda desintegrated when Zergstar....errrhhh excuse me....Mercstar joined Clan Wolf. We were pretty badly outnumbered before...

But...let's see the positive side: "Weapons! Open fire in all directions!"

#43 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:21 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 19 March 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

The challenge kinda desintegrated when Zergstar....errrhhh excuse me....Mercstar joined Clan Wolf. We were pretty badly outnumbered before...

Kind of makes my day thinking about all the effort that has gone into containing the FRR. I hear MS doesn't work cheap... now I can also think about the amount of C-Bills that must have been thrown at the FRR problem. That a handful of diehards can elicit such a response just feels good.

If the map is reset anytime soon I'll be about as happy as I can be; all those C-Bills would have been spent on nothing.

This whole situation is win-win in my book. If we really wanted a laugh we could attack the Bears only, then see who shells out the C-Bills to get MS to break contract and go Bear. Then we just keep bouncing back and forth between Wolf and Bears to see how much we can cost MS's employer(s). Or even better get the Bears to hire another group like the 228th. We could have good fights on both fronts, all the time. I'm downright giddy.

It would seem the FRR gets to play spoiler and moneysink; it's much more fun than playing martyr.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 19 March 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#44 ClaymoreReIIik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 499 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 19 March 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Kind of makes my day thinking about all the effort that has gone into containing the FRR. I hear MS doesn't work cheap... now I can also think about the amount of C-Bills that must have been thrown at the FRR problem. That a handful of diehards can elicit such a response just feels good.

If the map is reset anytime soon I'll be about as happy as I can be; all those C-Bills would have been spent on nothing.

This whole situation is win-win in my book. If we really wanted a laugh we could attack the Bears only, then see who shells out the C-Bills to get MS to break contract and go Bear. Then we just keep bouncing back and forth between Wolf and Bears to see how much we can cost MS's employer(s). Or even better get the Bears to hire another group like the 228th. We could have good fights on both fronts, all the time. I'm downright giddy.

It would seem the FRR gets to play spoiler and moneysink; it's much more fun than playing martyr.

We (331st RBMD) won't shy away from MS. Let MS take a world every US timezone cycle...FRR will just take one (back) each EU timezone cycle and we are back in square one. With the VRGD going all ronin-rambo on the bears...we are winning. There is multiple ways sinking those c-bills for nothing and my guys are always favoring solutions that include burning clanners.

Edited by ClaymoreReIIik, 19 March 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#45 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

Respect to Wolf and Bear for good fights.
You two clans got a raw deal and FRR too.

You need to fight FRR while Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar are free to push to Terra and become your IlKlan overlords.
Neither FRR nor Wolf nor Bear can grow too much because we all have 2 fronts while Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar have only 1 front.
Clan unity and refusal to fight each other? Benefits only the clans at the sides, not the middle.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 19 March 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#46 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 19 March 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Respect to Wolf and Bear for good fights.
You two clans got a raw deal and FRR too.

You need to fight FRR while Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar are free to push to Terra and become your IlKlan overlords.
Neither FRR nor Wolf nor Bear can grow too much because we all have 2 fronts while Jade Falcon and Smoke Jaguar have only 1 front.
Clan unity and refusal to fight each other? Benefits only the clans at the sides, not the middle.

No, infighting benefits the sides with less fronts because it is far easier to man 2 front than 3 or even 4.

#47 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Falcons only have to fight Steiner, Jaguar only Kurita.
They for sure are going to get to Terra before Wolf.
Its very clear to any observer of the Galactic Map that Wolf will have to kiss Jaguar or Falcon boots.

#48 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 19 March 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Falcons only have to fight Steiner, Jaguar only Kurita.
They for sure are going to get to Terra before Wolf.
Its very clear to any observer of the Galactic Map that Wolf will have to kiss Jaguar or Falcon boots.

I see what you are doing and I commend the effort though it is wasted.

As much as we all want our clan to become ilClan the overwhelming majority will put the "Clan Mission" first. Now, should Terra come within striking distance while the throats of the IS are clearly under our feet then who is to say what will happen...........................

#49 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

There is no such thing as permanent victory over IS or FRR. Sooner or later population will shift, or game meta will change, or devs will intervene somehow, and planets will revert.

On the other hand, which clan wins Terra first is permanent and will have permanent bragging rights over you.
In other words, IllKhan is an attainable goal. Victory over IS or FRR is unattainable.

So prioritizing victory over IS over the push to Terra is actually quite silly if you think about it.
No victory is possible, only a temporary state that will revert.
But sure, go ahead and be chumps to the Falcons and Jaguars who probably snigger at your cluelessness.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 19 March 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#50 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostClaymoreReIIik, on 19 March 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

This

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

from two sides ^_^

#51 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

^^

Kinda makes you wish the IS would get it's S&*%# together and coordinate with each other more often. Clans would be hard pressed to gain or hold any ground if that ever happened.

#52 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 12 March 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

It boggles my mind that people want to be associated with MS when they openly admit how much they hate their own members.

I think you are confused. CK is not MS, they are loyalistderpsquaddoomedtobekuriutachewtoy, not amazingsexymercswithgoodhairandfatwallets. Maybe you listen to too much ISF propagandja?

#53 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

CK left MS to focus more on League play if I'm not mistaken. I was watching their match with the 228 in the Marik Civil War tourny.

#54 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

#55 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 19 March 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

There is no such thing as permanent victory over IS or FRR. Sooner or later population will shift, or game meta will change, or devs will intervene somehow, and planets will revert.

On the other hand, which clan wins Terra first is permanent and will have permanent bragging rights over you.
In other words, IllKhan is an attainable goal. Victory over IS or FRR is unattainable.

So prioritizing victory over IS over the push to Terra is actually quite silly if you think about it.
No victory is possible, only a temporary state that will revert.
But sure, go ahead and be chumps to the Falcons and Jaguars who probably snigger at your cluelessness.

Well, we will just focus on killing off FRR...if you want to go anywhere, it will have to be in CGB. In fact, I am more motivated to kick you out of Wolf Space entirely after this poor attempt at subversion.

#56 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 19 March 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Posted Image

Ah okay, gotchya ;)

touchy subject then, I'll leave it alone.

Edited by Tabu 73, 19 March 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#57 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostGyrok, on 19 March 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Well, we will just focus on killing off FRR...if you want to go anywhere, it will have to be in CGB. In fact, I am more motivated to kick you out of Wolf Space entirely after this poor attempt at subversion.

Attempt at subversion? Merely a reminder of lore and game mechanics.
Newsflash, the entire dynamic of the clan invasion is WHICH CLAN GETS TO TERRA FIRST.
You can ignore this dynamic, but for sure the other clans will not.

It is not disinformation, anyone who knows Battletech or MWO knows there can only be one.
Read Sarna. Not BS, its a feature of the game.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 19 March 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#58 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 19 March 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Attempt at subversion? Merely a reminder of lore and game mechanics.
Newsflash, the entire dynamic of the clan invasion is WHICH CLAN GETS TO TERRA FIRST.
You can ignore this dynamic, but for sure the other clans will not.

It is not disinformation, anyone who knows Battletech or MWO knows there can only be one.
Read Sarna. Not BS, its a feature of the game.

Infighting will not further the goals of the clans. Period.

#59 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

LOL. Goals of the clans. There are goals of Wolf, Falcon, Bear and Jaguar and they are definitely not the same.

Kerensky will be proud of Wolf for ensuring the Crusader clans win Terra and claim IllKhan over the Warden faction.

#60 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 19 March 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

LOL. Goals of the clans. There are goals of Wolf, Falcon, Bear and Jaguar and they are definitely not the same.

Kerensky will be proud of Wolf for ensuring the Crusader clans win Terra and claim IllKhan over the Warden faction.

We have united goals.

Unlike the lore, where there was lots of turmoil and angst...we are communicating openly and coordinating as the clans should have.

Make no mistake, the clans are united.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users