• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

Forest Colony WIP screens at 1:55. Pretty!

#3 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

Where'd that drop ship come from!?

#4 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 11 July 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Where'd that drop ship come from!?

Confined Space/Pinnacle Landing. Do you even VTOL, Bro? :P

#5 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

I have never seen a Flying drop ship in any of the public maps

#6 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

Those trees are HUUUUUUGE :blink:

I guess it'll be like fighting on the moon of Endor but with cooler/better mechs.. ;)

#7 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 11 July 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

I guess it'll be like fighting on the moon of Endor but with cooler/better mechs.. ;)

Took the words out of my mouth. I half expect to see some Ewoks throwing rocks at my mech when I go for a walk around the new map when it's done.

#8 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 11 July 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

I have never seen a Flying drop ship in any of the public maps

Go play the new River City :P

The plan is to have a dropship drop off on every map :P Just adds to immersion.

Looking forward to new Forest Colony... that map has badly needed a revamp since 12v12 dropped.

#9 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Man I am glad they picked FC for the next revision.

#10 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Is that FOrest colony even going to resemble the old map? If it doesnt, honestly, I wouldnt mind. I really dont like that map as it is. Great to see its being worked on.

#11 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

Aw the mech scale is off on that map. It's making that atlas look human size walking through the forest. Those giant trees are killing the sense of mech scale too much being out alone with mechs nearby. There's only one road with a single vehicle that suggest the mechs are bigger than they are in those screens. It's not enough in those screen shots to keep the mechs looking the size their post to be.

How about adding some more props into the player's view that increases the sense of the mechs being larger than what they are?

Edited by ArchSight, 11 July 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#12 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 11 July 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

They could be like giant redwoods, the tallest mechs are only about 14 meters tall.

#13 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostArchSight, on 11 July 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Aw the mech scale is off on that map. It's making that atlas look human size walking through the forest. Those giant trees are killing the sense of mech scale too much being out alone with mechs nearby. There's only one road with a single vehicle that suggest the mechs are bigger than they are in those screens. It's not enough in those screen shots to keep the mechs looking the size their post to be.

How about adding some more props into the player's view that increases the sense of the mechs being larger than what they are?

Keep in mind, these are only a few screenshots, featuring what I believe is the dropship drop-off location, in other words where the 'Mechs spawn. This map will be bigger than the current Forest Colony map, and will feature more assets than shown here. More screenshots and videos will come over the weeks as the map continues the development process.

#14 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:23 PM

Might I ask what shape the tree hitboxes are going to be?

I'd rather not have a repeat of HPG.

#15 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:19 AM

ever seen the intro of MW4?? guess not.

#16 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Play a scifi game set on different alien planet, "trees make me feel small" whats the problem? Your Atlas is shy or something?

Edited by DAYLEET, 12 July 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#17 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

"Giant sequoias are the world's largest single trees and largest living thing by volume. Giant sequoias grow to an average height of 50–85m (164–279 ft) and 6–8m (20–26 ft) in diameter. Record trees have been measured to be 94.8m (311 ft) in height and over 17m (56 ft) in diameter."

There are trees on modern real-world Earth that make even the ~18-meter-tall MWO Atlas (which is already significantly larger than the ~13-meter-tall BT-canonical Atlas) look tiny.
A "forest colony" on a verdant alien world being populated by such trees is hardly the most unthinkable of things. :rolleyes:

#18 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 12 July 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

"Giant sequoias are the world's largest single trees and largest living thing by volume. Giant sequoias grow to an average height of 50–85m (164–279 ft) and 6–8m (20–26 ft) in diameter. Record trees have been measured to be 94.8m (311 ft) in height and over 17m (56 ft) in diameter."

There are trees on modern real-world Earth that make even the ~18-meter-tall MWO Atlas (which is already significantly larger than the ~13-meter-tall BT-canonical Atlas) look tiny.
A "forest colony" on a verdant alien world being populated by such trees is hardly the most unthinkable of things. :rolleyes:

Yes, what I said in much more detail. :)

View PostDAYLEET, on 12 July 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Play a scifi game set on different alien planet, "trees make me feel small" whats the problem? Your Atlas is shy or something?

Maybe PGI just needs to make the foliage different colors, so that it does not look so much like Earth foliage?

#19 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

#20 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

I hope that you can knock over the huge trees. Watch enemy mechs get squished by those suckers while yelling "TIMBERRRRRRRR wolf".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users