39 replies to this topic

#21 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

It just blows chunks that I want to play my 8z panther but im discouraged to do so until 20 games have been milked.

#22 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

Where on the forums or the MWO site is the Tournament screen? Only way I found it was on Google lol.

Does it take time to record the matches? I know it ends 17th lol. Just now seeing the screen, my just now played game isnt on it, and it was like a 60 match score or so.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 14 March 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#23 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 14 March 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Where on the forums or the MWO site is the Tournament screen? Only way I found it was on Google lol.

Does it take time to record the matches? I know it ends 17th lol. Just now seeing the screen, my just now played game isnt on it, and it was like a 60 match score or so.

It's not. The easiest way to get to it is the go from the PoG item on the front page. I typically bookmark it on my bookmarks bar during these events.

#24 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 14 March 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Go to http://mwomercs.com/tournaments. It's the same URL for all tournaments (see the little "Previous" link top left? Yep, takes you to the previous tournament).

The updates can lag by 15 minutes the disclaimer says, but for me the updates seem pretty immediate.

Edited by stjobe, 14 March 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#25 Sugomi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

What does the '0 out of 5 matches qualified. Need:50' mean below the tourney logo on the stats page?
Posted Image

#26 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

View Poststjobe, on 14 March 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Go to http://mwomercs.com/tournaments. It's the same URL for all tournaments (see the little "Previous" link top left? Yep, takes you to the previous tournament).

The updates can lag by 15 minutes the disclaimer says, but for me the updates seem pretty immediate.

yeah, I reset the page not long after that post and it came up. 72 match score. 300K cbill payday at this point when this event ends.

#27 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 March 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

I don't feel any pressure. I adapted to buy my mechs with MC and use cbill for weps and modules. Problem is the many who must have whatever crap PGI is offering each weekend.

Just read through all the comments on many threads how behaviors change during challenges. Hope you can absorb whats being written.

Behaviours change during challenges because the point scoring requirements rewards certain behaviours specifically. However, this tournament only requires a match score of 30 which is derived from many factors including damage, kills, assists, spotting and other factors. So ... all folks really need to do is play well. In addition, the 30 point threshold is also generally within fairly easy reach of most players. As a result, in the 30 or so matches I have played so far, I have NOT seen folks significantly changing their playstyle to obtain the tournament rewards ... which is a refreshing change.

#28 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

This was a good event. Not overly difficult for the noob/lesser skilled player, not a hard grind at all...

Fairly enjoyable match, though there was quite a few who decided to "hold back" and not do much until the "later half" of the match...

All to often they'd start participating in the battle too late for the game to be won.

I hate those people.

#29 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

I'd like to see ongoing incentives to switch between chassis type. The queue was so balanced for some time. Nowadays I driver all weight classes but usually I don't sign up in a heavy because the majority of the queue is usually taken up by them.

#30 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

167 match score in a CW match, we lasted till 2 minutes and lost ...lol 36-36 haha.

#31 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

Been asking for a 30 match score challenge or tourny for a while now.

#32 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostXetelian, on 14 March 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Been asking for a 30 match score challenge or tourny for a while now.

You cant get enough score? if you need to, you can sit back a bit and snipe some damage here and there. Dont be first into combat...Or is your post just making no sense to me?

#33 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 14 March 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

You cant get enough score? if you need to, you can sit back a bit and snipe some damage here and there. Dont be first into combat...Or is your post just making no sense to me?

He's saying this is the kind of tournament he's been wanting and asking for, not that he cannot get a 30 match score.

#34 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 14 March 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

#35 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 14 March 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Great event idea - it encourages people playing different weight classes. I can't remember the last time before this event when the queue percentages were close to equal.

Good job, PGI.

Agreed, this is a great event and useful at all levels of participation

#36 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

I honestly don't like it. I've had to spend more C-bills than I had acquired and that I would get from the rewards just to kit out a single medium and a single light for the challenge. I'm lucky I have at least a few of each weight class, or I'd be screwed.

All in all, the challenge will award me a significant net loss of C-bills and money with nothing to show for it.

#37 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 March 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

I would rather they ran all week so the pressure would not be on. It drives many to act awful during matches and reduces the quality of game play. If they spread it out over say a Tuesday to Tuesday the pressure to get it done would be much less and quality would improve.

As it stands every weekend is trashed for casuals and new players.

The pressure isn't really "on" though because if you only get 50 games instead of 80, you still get a pretty big chunk of cash. It's not like the Raven or Adder challenges where if you got 1 fewer game than you needed then you got nothing. You can grind until you're tired of it then log in Tuesday to a load more C-bills.

#38 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

Terrific Event PGI! One of the best yet; please continue to use Match Scores for your Challenges! :)

#39 Zesaric

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

Great event! :)

Using match score is the main trick to encourage people to play "normal" - which is what makes this event so enjoyable!

So please PGI continue to do it this way!

#40 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Yes. More match score events. All the time.

This weekend has happily not descended into the herpaderp idiocy that challenge and tournament events usually go hand-in-hand with.

On the other hand, I'm not likely to complete it because I'm mainly a light and medium driver and 20 consecutive matches in heavies followed by 20 consecutive matches in assaults sounds like my own special little hell. But that's a personal hangup. Love the event, carry on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users