Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 26 March 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

You have to be kidding!
I said all of them and you said 'What about the Adder!?!'
That's your retort?!?
Get real!
HAHAHA!

Stick to the Pub lanes pal...

That was just one of several and the most obvious, get real yourself.

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 March 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

Give it 15/15 CERPPC with proper velocity and see who would be laughing then.....Adder would pretty much 2 shot each and every one of them.....a Adder with good aim and 15/15s would leg it instantly, then shoot out the torso inside of 4 CERPPC shots.

Except the odds of having a Adder pilot with exceptional shooting is low, that is why you go by average pilot skills, not the best.

#562 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 27 March 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Dragon does crazy more damage than that, like 14DPS

AC5 CD is 1.66s %60 off that is 0.996s !! so you get about a 0.68s cooldown.

50% AC5 CD, stack module for another 12% travel time of AC5 round is minimal.

LOL, I know all about how UP the IS AC5 is =D

Posted Image

CptGier, at the top, that was me in my Dual AC5, CD 5 mod basic'd Zeus. Had another game after that, like 685 dmg, 2 kills, just shot the **** out of everything.

2x AC5 is just ****. Clans have no answer to that much awesome.

#563 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 27 March 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

That was just one of several and the most obvious, get real yourself.

Except the odds of having a Adder pilot with exceptional shooting is low, that is why you go by average pilot skills, not the best.

Yes, average. That really is where PGI should be balancing this game. INstead, they seem to be balancing around the MLGPros.

And avg, the CERPPC is a ***** absolute JOKE. 40 damage? fire 4 times, generate 60 heat, deal 40 dmg, if they slow ass shots even hit, and it wont even have a medium worrying....fire it 8 times and 80 dmg. That might make a medium worry, except that the shots are so slow, you can out twist them, out step them and practically, an Atlas and dodge them with little issue. The lead required on them currently, for their hit box, terrain geometry issues? they suck.

They really should make them 13dmg, 15heat, 4.5s, 1200ms. Then quirks....

#564 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 26 March 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

i cant see how people make up such Bias,
you could show Raw Data and all the facts on how the mechs work,

=Example=
Table.............Damage.............Heat...............Range............Duration...
IS-ER-LL............9.....................8....................675..................1.25.......
C-ER-LL............11...................10...................740..................1.50.......
but with Quirks
an IS mech with +10% Energy Range gives the IS-ER-LL 742m, 2m more Range than Clan,
an IS mech with -10% Energy Heat gives the IS-ER-LL 7.2heat, 6.8 less Heat than Clan,
also most IS have Quirks that give these Bonuses or give better bonuses,

but you will always have people say but the C-ER-LL has 2 more Damage and 65m Range,
no matter what you tell them they will only ever see more Damage and more Range,

Silly boy! Don't forget tonnage!
Hey! What about two slot heatsinks?!?
Say dude don't forget the engine that can be shot away and still work while weighing as much as an XL!
Duh...you forget Endo steel and Ferro take half the slots!
Wait a minute...can there be any more?
How about Missile launchers that weigh 1/2? or lasers and ballistics that weigh less and consume less crits?
All that extras tonnage calls for BATTLE COMPUTERS! Mk 1 thru 9!!!

you lose.

silly boy.

#565 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

All that above +Omnipods that allow you to boat weapons.

If you only look at individual weapons and not the entire chassis, you're missing the point.

#566 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 27 March 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

All that above +Omnipods that allow you to boat weapons.

If you only look at individual weapons and not the entire chassis, you're missing the point.

Boating Clan weapons is almost pointless because of ghost heat and Clan weapon heat in general.

#567 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

I announced it on the PGI Dev Group Stream today so I will announce it here as well:

The next mechs to get a full quirks pass are:
  • Mist Lynx
  • Kit Fox
  • Nova
  • Warhawk
The following mechs will get quirk revisions:
  • Adder
  • Ice Ferret
  • Summoner
  • Gargoyle
There are also a few miscellaneous quirks that were updated or applied to some IS mechs. Unfortuantely, I did not have a chance to do a proper revision pass on any IS mechs this patch.

The next patch is on April 7.

#568 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 27 March 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

I announced it on the PGI Dev Group Stream today so I will announce it here as well:

• Mist Lynx
  • Kit Fox
  • Nova
  • Warhawk
  • Adder
  • Ice Ferret
  • Summoner
  • Gargoyle
There are also a few miscellaneous quirks that were updated or applied to some IS mechs. Unfortuantely, I did not have a chance to do a proper revision pass on any IS mechs this patch.

Please tell me the Mist Lynx and Nova are both keeping the 10% less energy heat quirk.

That is one of the most important ones, especially with only 7 TrueDubs on the Lynx. The Highlander lost it last pass...

#569 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 26 March 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

i cant see how people make up such Bias,
you could show Raw Data and all the facts on how the mechs work,

=Example=
Table.............Damage.............Heat...............Range............Duration...
IS-ER-LL............9.....................8....................675..................1.25.......
C-ER-LL............11...................10...................740..................1.50.......
but with Quirks
an IS mech with +10% Energy Range gives the IS-ER-LL 742m, 2m more Range than Clan,
an IS mech with -10% Energy Heat gives the IS-ER-LL 7.2heat, 6.8 less Heat than Clan,
also most IS have Quirks that give these Bonuses or give better bonuses,

but you will always have people say but the C-ER-LL has 2 more Damage and 65m Range,
no matter what you tell them they will only ever see more Damage and more Range,

I posted a chart about this a while ago. Over 70 IS mechs have ERLL's that are flat out superior to cERLL's. Over 70. Every single IS mech than can reasonably mount a Gauss Rifle can do so with better stats than the cGauss Rifle. A huge number of IS mechs can mount SRM's with longer range/faster cycling/better cooling, etc. than cSRM's.

The cERML and cLPL are superior weapons to IS offerings, no doubt. The cERML in particular is very, very good. But that's where the clan weapon advantage begins and ends.

(* Well, I'll concede that Clan's have some options with SSRM's that IS does not, however, the big SSRM launchers are not extremely good weapons. They DO give some options, though)

#570 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

• Mist Lynx
  • Kit Fox
  • Nova
  • Warhawk
  • Adder
  • Ice Ferret
  • Summoner
  • Gargoyle

Can we expect a first pass on those new mechs to be at levels comparable to the first pass last patch? Basically, should we not get our hopes up that this will noticably improve the MLX/NVA/KFX/WHK?

Please understand, I don't mean this in a snide way. I get that you want to take baby steps, just want to know whether or not I should be excited or just look forward to the previous mechs getting a bit better.

#571 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

@Mike Forst,
can we see more Diverse Quirks for the NVA S-A Arms?
ether more Range or Less Heat Efficiency than the Prime Arms?

#572 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 27 March 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

@Mike Forst,
can we see more Diverse Quirks for the NVA S-A Arms?
ether more Range or Less Heat Efficiency than the Prime Arms?

That is an issue with the current quirk system and the arms. The A is worse than the S which is worse than the Prime.

Presently, if the A gets awesome quirks, you can just sword and board to get the awesome quirks with 6 lasers.

The Omni quirk issue.

#573 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 27 March 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

That is an issue with the current quirk system and the arms. The A is worse than the S which is worse than the Prime.

Presently, if the A gets awesome quirks, you can just sword and board to get the awesome quirks with 6 lasers.

The Omni quirk issue.

Sadly true, even if the Bonus was 10% Range people would Run Half and half,...

Just got an idea @Mike Frost you Listening?
unlike IS Quirks which are Variant Locked Clan are Pod Locked,
so why not Make them Dynamic, if you have +10% Range in your Right Arm,
and that Arm gets shot off you lose that +10% Range Quirk,
that should discourage Sword & Boarding?

#574 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,766 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 27 March 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

The Omni quirk issue.

Well lets be honest, what are you going to use the arms for anyway? An ERPPC focuses quirk (like velocity) would be beneficial even if you aren't planning to mount them in the arm (and opt for the chin).
The S arm could give range or cooldown (for wubwub) since apparently GMan's crew at least runs pulse and one S arm, while the Prime gets just heat gen which the others should get on top of what they already have.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 27 March 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#575 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 27 March 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Boating Clan weapons is almost pointless because of ghost heat and Clan weapon heat in general.

Wait half a second or group it with weapons with similar firing characteristics (cERML+cLPL). One reason why 6xLL Stalkers were pretty strong builds pre-clan and is now again a top tier IS assault after quirks.

Or just take the ghost heat in some cases if you have good cover and time to cool. Lots of ways to get around ghost heat.

#576 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 27 March 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Silly boy! Don't forget tonnage!
Hey! What about two slot heatsinks?!?
Say dude don't forget the engine that can be shot away and still work while weighing as much as an XL!
Duh...you forget Endo steel and Ferro take half the slots!
Wait a minute...can there be any more?
How about Missile launchers that weigh 1/2? or lasers and ballistics that weigh less and consume less crits?
All that extras tonnage calls for BATTLE COMPUTERS! Mk 1 thru 9!!!

you lose.

silly boy.

Yeah, about the only advantage the Clans still have. THe IS have quirks that pretty much make them as good as Clans.

THe CLans get teh 2 extra damage, the lighter, smaller gun, but the IS quirks they get Clan range, IS Beam duration, IS heat efficiency. Then the quirks give them better heat dissipation and other things to make their lasers kinda the better ones.

IS Dont need to many DHS, clans do.

Its not the Clans that are really OP. Balance is closer then you all think. Give the Clans a few worth while quirks and it will pretty much be about where it needs to be.

CLan quirks are pod based, so Prime WHK, gettting some nice CERPPC and energy based quirks, heat dissipation and ST Armor quirk, CERPPC velocity quirks and it would be perfect

SMN-Prime: GIve it some LBX Spread quirks, CERPPC quirks, we all wish they could get it some JJ/mobility quirks......

#577 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

the problem is until we have another IS vs Clan Event where the Findings are Exposed to the Community,
(as i hope this event will show Balance but it being in CW i cant be sure it will show properly, but i can hope)
you will always have people saying Clan are OP until the Data is show to be other wise,

#578 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 28 March 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

the problem is until we have another IS vs Clan Event where the Findings are Exposed to the Community,
(as i hope this event will show Balance but it being in CW i cant be sure it will show properly, but i can hope)
you will always have people saying Clan are OP until the Data is show to be other wise,

And even then, many will still claim the same Clan OP stuff.

#579 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

• Mist Lynx
  • Kit Fox
  • Nova
  • Warhawk
  • Adder
  • Ice Ferret
  • Summoner
  • Gargoyle

I anxiously await a sneak peak on that quirk pass B)

#580 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

I give.
The clans need quirks to placate the masses.
Do your worst.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users