• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 31 March 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Any news here, Mike?

Nothing yet, sorry. I think more info on this one is going to have to come from another source.

#602 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 27 March 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

I posted a chart about this a while ago. Over 70 IS mechs have ERLL's that are flat out superior to cERLL's. Over 70. Every single IS mech than can reasonably mount a Gauss Rifle can do so with better stats than the cGauss Rifle. A huge number of IS mechs can mount SRM's with longer range/faster cycling/better cooling, etc. than cSRM's.

The cERML and cLPL are superior weapons to IS offerings, no doubt. The cERML in particular is very, very good. But that's where the clan weapon advantage begins and ends.

(* Well, I'll concede that Clan's have some options with SSRM's that IS does not, however, the big SSRM launchers are not extremely good weapons. They DO give some options, though)

While that is true, none of those quirks reduce weight for the weapons nor can they make DHS take up less space. CERML picks up a lot of the slack that other weapons maybe missing though.

#603 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostElizander, on 31 March 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

While that is true, none of those quirks reduce weight for the weapons nor can they make DHS take up less space. CERML picks up a lot of the slack that other weapons maybe missing though.
no, but once you're on the battlefield the only thing that matters is what weapons you have, and how effective they are.

But yeah, the cERML's pick up a lot of slack. That's bad for everyone though. Think clan players just love laser vomit? Do you like fighting Clans with nothing but laser vomit?

#604 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

all up until IS get their ER-ML with 360range 1.10 duration with 5heat,
and then add quirks, the 10%EnergyRange most IS get will give them 396m Range,

#605 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 31 March 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

all up until IS get their ER-ML with 360range 1.10 duration with 5heat,
and then add quirks, the 10%EnergyRange most IS get will give them 396m Range,

The I-ERML would more than likely be the same range as the C-ERML unless they decide to un-normalize the relationship between ER and standard. The I-ERLL has a 50% increase in range over the I-LL, and guess what 150% of 270m is. Same goes for the I-ERSL, the only area of separation is the C-ERLL.

#606 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 31 March 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

The I-ERML would more than likely be the same range as the C-ERML unless they decide to un-normalize the relationship between ER and standard. The I-ERLL has a 50% increase in range over the I-LL, and guess what 150% of 270m is. Same goes for the I-ERSL, the only area of separation is the C-ERLL.

True but remember the C-ER-ML is supposed to have 50-ish meters over the IS version,
and Clan once had longer Range ER-ML before they were rebalanced so its possible they will be again,

#607 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 31 March 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

True but remember the C-ER-ML is supposed to have 50-ish meters over the IS version,
and Clan once had longer Range ER-ML before they were rebalanced so its possible they will be again,

In TT, yes they had a 90m advantage over the I-ERML, but in TT, the C-ERML was signficantly better than the I-ERML so I think we can fudge the numbers a little bit.

#608 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 27 March 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Can we expect a first pass on those new mechs to be at levels comparable to the first pass last patch? Basically, should we not get our hopes up that this will noticably improve the MLX/NVA/KFX/WHK?

Please understand, I don't mean this in a snide way. I get that you want to take baby steps, just want to know whether or not I should be excited or just look forward to the previous mechs getting a bit better.

This.

-2% Heat Damage on my IFR is not helpful.

#609 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:18 AM

Reducing the heat a weapon generates is, in effect, giving a mech free heat sinks. This means it is reducing both weight and crit slots.

#610 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

From the IS mechs I own, impressions :

From IS mechs I own :

Spiders : fine
Jenner : F and Oxide are fine(F could need minor boost), K needs some range or heat reduction
Locusts : 1E and PB are nice, the 3M needs a reason to be taken out again.

SHD : 2K is ok, the others need some love, the 2H needs specific quirks for AC5s or AC2s, and then 2D needs something better then that.
Wolverines : nice quirks, I don't like the LPL to LL change on the energy boat, but it still works nicely.

Jagers : fine.
TDRs : TDR 9S would need like 30% heat reduction on ERPPC, like this it's still a fun mech but not too competitive, it gets hot really fast and takes some time to cool down. 5SS and 9S are fine.

Stalkers : 4N is great, 5M is ok but too hot, needs heat reduction, the 3H is ok, and the 3F needs some little love.
King Crab : fine.

#611 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostXetelian, on 31 March 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

This.

-2% Heat Damage on my IFR is not helpful.

MLX: Arm structure +4
WHK Prime Arms: +1.5% CERPPC Velocity

#612 Túatha Dé Danann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

Can I trade the PPC velocity for something more useful if I don't want to have PPCs in my Warhawk?
Please don't force me do use specific weapons on Clan-Mechs. On IS, I can understand that to a certain degree, but stay universal with Clan Quirks.

#613 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostTúatha Dé Danann, on 01 April 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Can I trade the PPC velocity for something more useful if I don't want to have PPCs in my Warhawk?
Please don't force me do use specific weapons on Clan-Mechs. On IS, I can understand that to a certain degree, but stay universal with Clan Quirks.

I would love to trade all the quirks the WHK ends up getting, atleast the Prime, for 15 PPFLD CERPPC and 1300 velocity. they can keep the rest.

#614 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostTúatha Dé Danann, on 01 April 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

I think that just Omnipods that come with ERPPCs should have quirks pertaining to that gun. For example, the Prime arms and Alt C left arm. The rest of the pods would have quirks for different guns, so you can play a mix-and-match game of Mister Potatohead with robots to get the pod quirks you do want for your build.

#615 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:50 PM

Cool, CLans are so OP they won 53% of the time in CW, according to that CW Stats thread Russ started. Amusing to see how those numbers have dropped, wasnt it like Clan WR 64% or something? So, yeah, Clans so OP!

#616 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 01 April 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

Cool, CLans are so OP they won 53% of the time in CW, according to that CW Stats thread Russ started. Amusing to see how those numbers have dropped, wasnt it like Clan WR 64% or something? So, yeah, Clans so OP!

Yeah last weekend kind of discounts that, ironically the only game I lost all weekend solo dropping was against the IS.

...literally 10 wins clan vs IS solo, about 17 of 21 overall.

Edited by Yokaiko, 01 April 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#617 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 27 March 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

I announced it on the PGI Dev Group Stream today so I will announce it here as well:

The next mechs to get a full quirks pass are:
  • Mist Lynx
  • Kit Fox
  • Nova
  • Warhawk
The following mechs will get quirk revisions:
  • Adder
  • Ice Ferret
  • Summoner
  • Gargoyle
There are also a few miscellaneous quirks that were updated or applied to some IS mechs. Unfortuantely, I did not have a chance to do a proper revision pass on any IS mechs this patch.

The next patch is on April 7.

Pretty please, don't nerf these Mechs by taking away their existing quirks and replacing them with +2% turn rate ...

#618 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 01 April 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

Pretty please, don't nerf these Mechs by taking away their existing quirks and replacing them with +2% turn rate ...

Meh, the additional torso twist range on the WHK-P is redundant anyway, kinda nice I guess, but id rather have better coolant and punchier weapons.

#619 Anakha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Can we get a preview of the quirk changes tomorrow? I think Russ said on twitter it would be posted today but haven't seen it.

Thanks!

#620 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

It's coming soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users