Petition To Stop Clan St Loss Nerf.

Balance BattleMechs Gameplay

716 replies to this topic

#41 GA1NAX

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationIn Soviet Russia... scratching bears)))

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Artama,

The LFE, takes 10 crit spaces in TT, two in each ST and 6 in the CT, just like the clan XL, unlike the XL family of engines, the LFE only weighs in at 75% of the standard engine.

The only problem with them, is once they became available it more or less replaced the standard engine.

Since when it become a problem?

Edit: guys where to get/download a new wersion of MekLab???

Edited by GA1NAX, 17 March 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#42 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostGA1NAX, on 17 March 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

in 2000, with this book:

http://www.sarna.net..._Lyran_Alliance

This was the first book to include the LFE.

#43 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

How is any penalty short of immediate death nerfing Clans in comparison to IS?

I would much rather see the proposed penalties added to clans along with an overall heat scale penalty for all mechs rather than introduce tech to buff IS mechs.

#44 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 17 March 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

I did say I think clan mechs should allow extra customization to bring up the lesser clan mechs. Also I would like to see Engine crits be a thing in the game for IS mechs (CT or ST for XL).

Your sass, you can leave it at the door with your wedged panties.

See, this type of logic...

The closer you make the 2 tech trees, the more they become the same...I do not so much mind locked internals/engines as it is something different. When we start getting into clan mechs are IS mechs but X is different...there is where we start losing flavor...

#45 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

Add heat just like the old days. You remember those days right? Just add +5 heat every so many seconds for one engine hit and +10 for the second. As it has been for 3 decades. How hard can that be? We already get extra heat for Hot environments and standing in lava for cryin' out loud!

And guess what? It can be applied to both Clan and inner Sphere engines! TA DA! Life the Universe and Everything is balanced!!!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 17 March 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#46 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

http://www.solarissk...s.com/downloads

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 17 March 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Add heat just like the old days. You remember those days right? Just add +5 heat every so many seconds for one engine hit and +10 for the second. As it has been for 3 decades. How hard can that be? We already get extra heat for Hot environments and standing in lava for cryin' out loud!

Well Joe, since a TT turn is 10 seconds, shouldn't it work more like this for MWO?

1 engine crit 0.5 heat/sec
2 engine crits 1 heat/sec

#47 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:06 AM

It's not even a huge loss. It's lose some speed and heat dissipation versus being dead.

#48 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

You guys sure about that both sides gone Clan Mech dead? I've ended up with a stripped Kit Fox more than a few times without dying, just 1 leg, CT and head left, still alive at round end. Could be a bug, that is the only Clan Mech I've done that with, and it's also the only Clan Mech I have that gets ignored by the enemy. Every other Clan Mech I drive, either I get legged or my CT gets focused after 1 side or the other gets stripped out, or some damn Locust runs up behind my Whale and opens the hatch and turns my engines to overload...swear to god that's how they kill me.

Regardless, 20% loss of speed is acceptable to me in my Clan Mechs. I play IS in CW, so it's not like I figured I was getting P2W Mechs when I bought my Clan Packs, no skin off my nose to balance them a bit better.

And the LFE, uh..yeah, lets put in something that makes ALL other IS engines totally obsolete for anything over 40 tons, yeah, that's a good idea. ANYTHING but trying to actually balance the Clan toys so they aren't quite as OP as they still are across the board. Because...hey...some people DID spend good money to buy those Clan toys, and they didn't do it because they wanted to support MWO, they just wanted the best toys in the game for...reasons...right?

#49 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 17 March 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

And the LFE, uh..yeah, lets put in something that makes ALL other IS engines totally obsolete for anything over 40 tons, yeah, that's a good idea. ANYTHING but trying to actually balance the Clan toys so they aren't quite as OP as they still are across the board. Because...hey...some people DID spend good money to buy those Clan toys, and they didn't do it because they wanted to support MWO, they just wanted the best toys in the game for...reasons...right?

I feel you dog those OP Clan Mist Lynxs, Kit Foxes, Adders, Ice Ferrets, Novas, Mad Dogs, Summoners, Gargoyles and Warhawks WOOF those guys are so OP

#50 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

http://www.solarissk...s.com/downloads

Well Joe, since a TT turn is 10 seconds, shouldn't it work more like this for MWO?

1 engine crit 0.5 heat/sec
2 engine crits 1 heat/sec

Probably. I didn't break it down, but that does look right! :D B)

#51 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 17 March 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

No.

Clan tech is creating an imbalance in the game. XL engines that are just free tonnage with no down side, while both ER and pulse lasers far out range IS weapons.

Give the already slight loss of heat efficiency for losing a side torso a small increase. Then implement the speed reduction for losing those two engine crits.

As for the lasers cut their range down. Make clan pulse lasers the same range as normal IS, and clan ER lasers have the same increase, proportional by class, as the IS ER large.

What game are you playing?? :huh: Your F'n lasers far out range ours due to quirks, your pulse lasers fire twice as fast as ours, hell are SPL fires .11 slower than your damm LPL, and that's not even counting any quirks, your PPC's out range and out speed ours due to quirks and your ER & ERLs you can fire 3 at a time with NO ghost heat. And that, "slight loss of heat efficiency" you talk about, tells me your never run Clan mechs cause if you had you would know that once we lose a ST we have no heat efficiency and we hardly have any with both ST intact to begin with. Since you don't run Clan mechs let me fill you in, "Clan mechs run hot" which is why anyone playing IS with half a brain know you only have to push them. Been dropping in pubs much lately? If you had you would notice that there are very few Clans being used at all but yet players like you come here and cry and cry and cry about how OP Clan mechs are but yet we see less and less of them in game. Gee....I wonder why that is??

Edited by CutterWolf, 17 March 2015 - 08:24 AM.

#52 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

in 2000, with this book:

http://www.sarna.net..._Lyran_Alliance

This was the first book to include the LFE.

Technically, it was Mech Monthly about a year earlier. It was an adopted fan creation.

Google for Megamek dufus.

#53 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 17 March 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Technically, it was Mech Monthly about a year earlier. It was an adopted fan creation.

Google for Megamek dufus.

Neat, I didn't know that actually... seems fitting as a fan creation... and instep with the power creep of Battletech too.. more than likely why they took it, rather than some of the.... stupid less well though out designs that I have seen over the years...

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 17 March 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

Probably. I didn't break it down, but that does look right! :D B)

Welcome Joe, I know for some math isn't their strong suite... that's why I'm working on my Toddler now for math skills, at 2, he can count to 12, only missing one or two numbers depending on the day.

#54 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 17 March 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

So, when this comes in, can my Mist Lynx get an isXL engine with the limitations removed?

Drop the BAP, drop one JJ, then crank everything into engine.

It can mount a 250 XL, which means 10 TrueDubs. It also means 162 Kph without Speed Tweak.

That's with 4 tons of pod space left. 177 Kph with 4 cSPLs sounds pretty glorious, if you ask me. 5 JJs means it only flies slightly worse.

That is how gimped Clam lights are. I'd gladly take the "inferior" isXL if it meant I could use that gundam and not the hardlocked 175.

#55 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

"The power creep.....the power creep."

#56 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Neat, I didn't know that actually... seems fitting as a fan creation... and instep with the power creep of Battletech too.. more than likely why they took it, rather than some of the.... stupid less well though out designs that I have seen over the years...

Welcome Joe, I know for some math isn't their strong suite... that's why I'm working on my Toddler now for math skills, at 2, he can count to 12, only missing one or two numbers depending on the day.

I quit doing most math once I graduated from my Toolmaker apprenticeship(19 years ago). Seems even in skilled trades, computers do all the thinking (CNC Machinery).

#57 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

Clans get a Closed Mechlab and locked engines to keep them from using competitive weaponry, the trade-off was the faster speed. If you, PGI, want to start over and open the Clan Mechlab to engine changes and equipment changes that would be fair to nerf damaged engines, but right now the faster speed is all the Clan mechs have to compete with.

Most Clan mechs don't carry anywhere near the weaponry of an Inner Sphere mech which are getting better weapons now anyway due to all the Quirks, solid slug AC's, single launch missiles, and much cooler energy weapons in a game with no true double heatsinks (DHS 1.4 creates an artificial cap on heat that the Clan tech hits very fast),

So Clan tech is very heavily nerfed and takes real skill in Mechlab to make a competitive loadout for most of these mechs.

I think what you see is there are more veteran MechWarrior players buying and using the Clan mechs than older C-Bill Inner Sphere and the success of the Clan mechs in general is just the pilots have higher skills as a group. You have never collected stats on that.

Anyway, this is my last stint with Smoke Jaguar. I am switching probably to House Davion. Results of my Clan beta testing is that your Clan mechs are fast, but are generally junk with a garbage Mechlab. They need more Mechlab options before they are given any further nerfs.

Like the Wave III mech's Gladiator is going to be a bigger fu-bar than the Summoner which you also can't make work. So until you make some changes to the Clan Mechlab, experienced long term players will not buy $Clan mechs$ with Jump-Jets and standard internals. You Devs just can't make them compete and refuse to address the problem.

#58 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 17 March 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

No.

Clan tech is creating an imbalance in the game. XL engines that are just free tonnage with no down side, while both ER and pulse lasers far out range IS weapons.

Give the already slight loss of heat efficiency for losing a side torso a small increase. Then implement the speed reduction for losing those two engine crits.

As for the lasers cut their range down. Make clan pulse lasers the same range as normal IS, and clan ER lasers have the same increase, proportional by class, as the IS ER large.

What are you smoking?

Have you seen the Zeus quirks? ERLL *WITHOUT RANGE MODULES* that have a range of 810m. CERLL has a range of 740m.

WHERE IS THE RANGE ADVANTAGE????

Also, TDR-5SS with ERLL quirks has ERLL that go 911m with range module, meanwhile clans with ERLL and range 5 get 802m range.

WHERE IS THE RANGE ADVANTAGE????

Clans will, after this nerf have the following (dis)advantages over IS mechs:

1. Shorter range lasers
2. Hotter weapons
3. Inferior ballistics
4. Inferior missiles
5. Inferior customization
6. Inferior DPS
7. Inferior quirks

Meanwhile, the IS has the following disadvantages:

1. Longer range
2. Cooler weapons
3. Superior ballistics
4. Superior missiles
5. Superior customization
6. Superior DPS
7. Superior quirks

Are you dense, or blind to reality?

Edited by Gyrok, 17 March 2015 - 08:40 AM.

#59 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 17 March 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

I quit doing most math once I graduated from my Toolmaker apprenticeship(19 years ago). Seems even in skilled trades, computers do all the thinking (CNC Machinery).

Yea... only issue I have with CNC machinery, are the Engineers doing all the work from Solid Works or what ever CAD/CAM software they are using, and not understanding that sometimes you need more than .030" to hold.....

<=== is a Journeymen Machinist by trade, never uses it anymore....

#60 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Yea... only issue I have with CNC machinery, are the Engineers doing all the work from Solid Works or what ever CAD/CAM software they are using, and not understanding that sometimes you need more than .030" to hold.....

<=== is a Journeymen Machinist by trade, never uses it anymore....

.03" Are you kidding? I've been working with + .015 Microns for 15 years now! Then again I'm in teh grinding department and when I was a Polisher hand I held + .005 Microns! I hadn't had + .030" since I was an apprentice! :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users