143 replies to this topic

#121 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

LOL ... Do LRMs take a little more attention and skill now?

:D

+1 PGI

#122 Brother Calidus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

For all the LRM comments, in the patch feedback forum its been acknowledged as a bug and there will be a fix.

#123 Obsidian Hand

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCebu City, Philippines

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

• Greater visual weapon customization for the Cataphract chassis. Their appearance will better reflect the weapons that have been equipped on them.

Waaaaay overdue. :P It's about time we got this. Too bad I don't play my Cataphract anymore as I'm now focusing on King Crab specialization. >.<

#124 Sonic Skywalker

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

Really disappointed: It was hard enough before to keep an lrm lock, now its impossible, rendering 3/4 of my mechs useless. I was really looking forward to this event too. I dont like complaining ,but this made the game completely unenjoyable for me. I am an old man and the game was already challenging enough to keep it fun for me, but I cant play it like this. Maybe you guys are having better luck? Is it because I use clan mechs?

#125 Aesthir

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:12 AM

"Line-of-sight", not line-of-site. Proofreading is your friend.

#126 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

Good patch. Except for the LRM thing...

Zeus are interesting 'Mechs!

Edited by Vincent V., 18 March 2015 - 01:10 AM.

#127 Overlayer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

They also snuck in the faction camo patterns for the king crab! Oh lucky charms event I need 300 MC stat.

#128 Obsidian Hand

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCebu City, Philippines

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

So I just checked out my old Cataphract-4X, excited to see the visual customizations, and I have only one thing to say: this is probably tantamount to nitpicking, but couldn't the CTF-4X's left arm ballistic hardpoints been designed to be over-and-under like the right arm instead of side-by-side?

Both left and right arms on the CTF-4X have two ballistic slots, which means that players will likely pair their weapons -- at least one kind on both arms. I personally run with 1 gauss rifle and 1 machine gun on each arm (total of 2 gauss and 2 MG). I played with this configuration so much that my XP on this chassis has gone to the hundreds of thousands. I was bloody good with this setup, if I say so myself. I've seen other players do the same pairings with different kinds of ballistic weapons: UAC/5 and MG on each arm, AC/5 and MG on each arm, quad AC/5s, quad AC/2s, etc.

But with the visual customization and accompanying change to an uneven slot placement -- over-and-under for the right arm, side-by-side on the left arm -- running with paired weapons become literal hit-and-miss scenarios. With your weapons firing from different heights on each arm, playing with the CTF-4X now requires a lot of guesswork. When facing an obstacle (such as a rock or an ally), you're no longer sure if the low-slung MG on your left arm will hit the same thing as the high-placed MG on the right, and so on. This is especially detrimental with MWO's weapon mechanic of focusing fire into a single point on your target, regardless of what location on your mech your weapon is firing from.

PGI, please consider placing the second ballistic hardpoint on the CTF-4X's left arm into the empty space where the hand on other Cataphracts would instead be, on the same level as the "upper" slot on the right arm.

I know the Cataphract is supposed to be a "Frankenmech" in canon, but that's no reason to just be random about its weapon placements, especially considering that, in terms of hardpoints, the left and right arms are essentially identical.

Thanks! ^_^

#129 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostBrother Calidus, on 17 March 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

For all the LRM comments, in the patch feedback forum its been acknowledged as a bug and there will be a fix.

Thanks for the update. I figured this was the case.

View Postsonic420, on 17 March 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Really disappointed: It was hard enough before to keep an lrm lock, now its impossible, rendering 3/4 of my mechs useless. I was really looking forward to this event too. I dont like complaining ,but this made the game completely unenjoyable for me. I am an old man and the game was already challenging enough to keep it fun for me, but I cant play it like this. Maybe you guys are having better luck? Is it because I use clan mechs?

Always remember

Posted Image

:D

#130 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

Adder Prime - still ineffective as ever:)

Now with more responsiveness, still basically unarmed.

#131 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

Too bad most people don't know, CW is what the game rlly is and shoud be. Small maps are just playrooms, to get better. Hope CW will finally grow, PGI has to make it more of a big deal then pugging.

It's all GOING to slowly, not because want it to go so much quicker.
But to let it grow for more people, Davions are almost non-active outside the NA-timezone because of low population.
And there is low population because it not active enough.

This is because it's beta, should been there earlier!
And it needs weekly updates on al points, small funny (lore or not-lore) details, planet info, random events (super nova, comets, spaceships).

And some real things like maps (even quicker if possible) Adaption on 10 on 10 , 10 vs 12 with the clans. 12 vs 12.
And first games improvements on turret runs. quicer games from 10 to 8 or 6 min. and some AI- fun dropships still coming with some shots or bot-mechs.
So people can also use it as a training-platform.

Maybe these are good or bad.
But plz be more active on it and standby it.

Ps: you have sold enough upfront content to play with, we also want to have an exiting WORLD/Universe to play in.

And let people (be able to) run trough a more extensive trainings-program, we the lvl-difference is stagering.
Don't let them play clans (and slow assaults) in the 1st 100 games.

#132 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Resistance forum Badges aren't working...

#133 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:44 PM

Since this latest patch I've been getting random frame spikes during game. It used to be a pretty smooth experience for me, even during heavy brawls, but now on all the community warfare maps there are moments where my frame rate is in the single digits!!! PLEASE FIX THIS PGI!

#134 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

I have been getting graphical glitches with mechs disappearing for a few seconds while moving, this was also experienced by other unit mates.

#135 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

This always happens in the tunnel.

#136 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

The minimap shakes on start of the game.!

#137 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostMisfir3, on 17 March 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

ive never backed off from a phract unless i was in a light or heavily damaged.

That's probably because you never played when the 3x UAC5 Ilya was at peak form. UAC5s were crazy for a while back in the day.

#138 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

I've knocked my playing down a little bit, from roughly 4 hours per night to four hours per week, but still I wouldn't think a damn patch would require such a long time... 40 minutes for the 17 March patch? System's clean, in good shape, just cleaned physically and internally, so it shouldn't take even remotely this long... what are you guys doing these days?

#139 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

Everything is awesome. Everything is coooll....

...except one thing. The JÄGER arm visuals!!

One of my favorite things was seeing the barrels in the cockpit!!
Especially UACS!

Please bring that back...just a little bit.

PLEEAAASSEEEE

#140 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

CRASHES are worse . . .

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users