Adder-Prime (Now With 4% Faster Overheat)

8 replies to this topic

#1 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,363 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

I wasn't expecting much from clan quirks but seriously 4% ERCPP cool down made my day hahaha, I'm still rolling on the floor laughing out loud :P

In all seriousness now, even if the cool down quirk was significant a cool down bonus would do nothing for the prime Adder, at least when staying true to original mech spec. Adder's problem aren't how fast it fires but how fast it overheats; if PGI intends ADR Prime to use ERPPCs adder needs heat generation quirks, nothing else will do. Then it needs them to be more than 2% ... considering how hot it runs now anything less than 20% would be useless in my opinion.

#2 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostBrizna, on 17 March 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

I wasn't expecting much from clan quirks but seriously 4% ERCPP cool down made my day hahaha, I'm still rolling on the floor laughing out loud :P

In all seriousness now, even if the cool down quirk was significant a cool down bonus would do nothing for the prime Adder, at least when staying true to original mech spec. Adder's problem aren't how fast it fires but how fast it overheats; if PGI intends ADR Prime to use ERPPCs adder needs heat generation quirks, nothing else will do. Then it needs them to be more than 2% ... considering how hot it runs now anything less than 20% would be useless in my opinion.

I have said this as well a few times...on a mech that is already too hot why is making its guns fire FASTER with the SAME HEAT better?

Someone explain that to me because i guess i am to dumb to understand. Its also a waste of everyones time to put in useless numbers like 2%. Who wins there?

Edited by DarthRevis, 17 March 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

PGI forgot its own truedubs rule with the sub-250 engines.

You know... things that actually matter.

#4 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

You aren't clan wolf enough to complain about this.

2.5% less overheat damage on the IFR....that one is dumb.

#5 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostXetelian, on 17 March 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

2.5% less overheat damage on the IFR....that one is dumb.

Because... the Ice Fridge is a notorious overheater...

I could kinda understand this for an energy heavy mech... but for a Medium that operates like a Light... that is the least of your problems.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostXetelian, on 17 March 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

Haha, i lost my **** over that one!

View PostDeathlike, on 17 March 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

I could kinda understand this for an energy heavy mech... but for a Medium that operates like a Light... that is the least of your problems.

Because over heating in something that relys on speed for life is an option....duh :rolleyes: Energy mechs dont over heat what do you think we have GH or something?

Edited by DarthRevis, 17 March 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#7 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 March 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

The few hardpoints and low free tonnage actually make it pretty hard to build a heat inefficient build. 4 x CERML/CMPL can do it (if you paid for the "D" you can do 5 CERML) but with 12 locked DHS and 2-5E hardpoints and 9 tons you actually have to try to build a 'mech that is bad on heat.

#8 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 17 March 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

Because over heating in something that relys on speed for life is an option....duh :rolleyes: Energy mechs dont over heat what do you think we have GH or something?

No, there are simply ghosts in the machine. ;)

View PostKain Thul, on 17 March 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

The few hardpoints and low free tonnage actually make it pretty hard to build a heat inefficient build. 4 x CERML/CMPL can do it (if you paid for the "D" you can do 5 CERML) but with 12 locked DHS and 2-5E hardpoints and 9 tons you actually have to try to build a 'mech that is bad on heat.

Actually, I've seen people overheat with the 4 MPL. The last of that extra ton being converted into DHS does actually matter.

True story.

#9 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 March 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

No, there are simply ghosts in the machine. ;)

Actually, I've seen people overheat with the 4 MPL. The last of that extra ton being converted into DHS does actually matter.

True story.

Of course they can--that is why I mentioned it as one of the few IFR builds I see that can easily get you into heat trouble.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users