Clans Complain About Quirks, But Forget The Targeting Computer Bonuses?

112 replies to this topic

#41 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 23 March 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

You bring your JJs on Sulphurous, I'll take more Heatsinks.

You mean 1 heatsink? lol. To each his own I guess.

#42 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

OP, you could have at least gotten the correct information. Please fact check. 2.25 range, not 4.5. Literally half.

Blame my mistake on MWO's hard to find or nonexistent TC tweak notes. I had to go in game to see the true values.

View PostMcgral18, on 23 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Does your Commando run at 107? No? It goes 170?

How is that possible? My Myth Lynx can't take anything other than a 175 engine, with a hardwired AP, and 3 tons of JJs that cannot be removed. It also has 3 PoorDubs due to the tiny engine.

Just wait for your speedy light coming out soon. That tiny engine also doesn't SIDESPLOSIONwhen shot.

#43 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostTriban, on 23 March 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Just wait for your speedy light coming out soon. That tiny engine also doesn't SIDESPLOSIONwhen shot.

And guess what? I would GLADLY take an isXL250 on the Myth Lynx. Do you know how much of a better robot it would be once it breaks 150? Even a 225 would be better, along with giving it 9 TrueDubs. It would run faster, and cool better.

"Fast" being 142. Certainly acceptable, but it's still only a 240 engine. A 250 would gain the last TrueDub, and a 255 is the same tonnage as a 250. Of course, since it's a Clam mech, it's required to have MP*tonnage, unlike all IS robots.

That's a pretty large advantage. So are cXLs, but some are just worthless sizes.

View PostTriban, on 23 March 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Blame my mistake on MWO's hard to find or nonexistent TC tweak notes. I had to go in game to see the true values.

I mean, you couldn't have USED THEM, BEFORE complaining about them?

I know, what a crazy idea.

Edited by Mcgral18, 23 March 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#44 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

I DO use the TC Mk.I in my Stormcrow, but I've recently been playing IS exclusively.

#45 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 23 March 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

You mean 1 heatsink? lol. To each his own I guess.

6JJs eats up 3T, I'll take 2-3 DHS on a hot hot short range map.

Seriously, research before posting.

#46 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 23 March 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

6JJs eats up 3T, I'll take 2-3 DHS on a hot hot short range map.

Seriously, research before posting.

Research what? Your bad attitude? Don't need to, its prevalent in your posts. So essentially your taking a mech, and one of its advantages is jj's ( Myst Lynx gets a decent amount of thrust and height from each JJ, unlike other mech's ) and your removing an advantage the chassis was designed to have in favor of a few heatsinks ( 1 , 2 , 3 , whatever ) for one map you could possibly drop on? What about all the rest of the maps where jj's are really advantageous, or heat is not an issue? Why not just pick a different mech with no jump jets?

Edited by Alwrath, 23 March 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#47 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostTriban, on 23 March 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Weight: 1 ton.
Slots: 1 slot.

For 4.5% range increase, along with other great bonuses, who WOULDN'T take it? Give IS access to the TG if you think it isn't worth it.

I never said it was not worth it; I only said it was not a free bonus, like the quirks the IS mechs get. And the IS will also get the TC relatively soon, in the timeline.

#48 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

Only question I pose about comparing the TC and Quirks is, How much do Quirks weigh?

#49 Triban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • 202 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 23 March 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Only question I pose about comparing the TC and Quirks is, How much do Quirks weigh?

Only question I pose about comparing quirk weight vs the TC is, how much do clan weapons weigh?

#50 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostTriban, on 23 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Only question I pose about comparing quirk weight vs the TC is, how much do clan weapons weigh?

And then it keeps going how much heat and so on :P its never ending but still not a good comparison.

#51 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostAethon, on 23 March 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

I never said it was not worth it; I only said it was not a free bonus, like the quirks the IS mechs get. And the IS will also get the TC relatively soon, in the timeline.

They aren't free quirks either.

Ever piloted a DRG-1N? That's the cost.

#52 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostRhaythe, on 23 March 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

I agree it is a terrible comparison - but not one that can be completely neglected once range quirks do make their way to Clan machines. A range boost is a range boost, and for the Clans to get quirks, TCs, AND modules while IS gets only two of the three would be an issue.

Otherwise, are we back to "equal but asymmetric"? Clans get TCs, extended range defaults, and modules, while IS get quirks and modules?

The 911m ERLL BLR just called and said that this version of crazy is an after thought, since it has already arrived...

'superior clan weapon range'...lol...that is not even a thing anymore...

#53 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostAlphaToaster, on 23 March 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

While I enjoy the bonus from the TC1, mainly for the Target info speed, the rest I would trade for reduced CD, reduced HEAT, or reduced BEAM DURATION. Small % increases to zoom and sensors aren't noticeable. Projectile speed doesn't help if the shots from our AC's are spread apart, would be more of a bonus to say reduce time between shots on AC to bring the spread in a bit.

Not saying TC's are crap, but they're not as much of an impact as IS quirks by quite a bit.

If TC3 Compared to the Command Console? Command Console needs some serious love to justify 3 tons, and the TC3 does take 3 lots to the Command Consoles 1. That means a lot on a clan mech w/ all the fixed internals we have.

IMO if they brought the Target info speed on the command console to match the value on the TC3, it would be more balanced.

Yeah, I'd trade the TC for -30% heat generation on a lot of different clan mechs.

#54 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 23 March 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

They aren't free quirks either.

Ever piloted a DRG-1N? That's the cost.

If it was that terrible, the hardcore IS teams would stop using them.

#55 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

Targeting Computer favors like two things... laser vomit (those crit chances add up), and target info gathering. That's it.

Everything else tends to have minimal impact, but can be useful in certain situations... such as range and projectile speeds.

Still, everyone that goes with laser vomit goes with a TCv1 anyways, as the larger versions honestly have terrible ROI (Return On Investment).

Command Console is still a 3ton joke/doorstop as the IS is concerned.

#56 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 23 March 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Research what? Your bad attitude? Don't need to, its prevalent in your posts. So essentially your taking a mech, and one of its advantages is jj's ( Myst Lynx gets a decent amount of thrust and height from each JJ, unlike other mech's ) and your removing an advantage the chassis was designed to have in favor of a few heatsinks ( 1 , 2 , 3 , whatever ) for one map you could possibly drop on? What about all the rest of the maps where jj's are really advantageous, or heat is not an issue? Why not just pick a different mech with no jump jets?

What are you talking about now, I posted a cERML vs is LL comparison earlier....

You took my post out of context to attempt to make me look stupid.

JJs are not a huge advantage on any map in a MLX, you're just a pinata to be beat on from range.

Like I said I would rather have extra heatsinks so I could bring better range weapons and hit and run rather than relying on SPLS/SLs for close range heat efficient combat or just bring 1 JJ for pebble jumping and have extra SSRM ammo for light hunting etc.

Sheesh, troll fail.

View PostDeathlike, on 23 March 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Targeting Computer favors like two things... laser vomit (those crit chances add up), and target info gathering. That's it.

Everything else tends to have minimal impact, but can be useful in certain situations... such as range and projectile speeds.

Still, everyone that goes with laser vomit goes with a TCv1 anyways, as the larger versions honestly have terrible ROI (Return On Investment).

View PostDeathlike, on 23 March 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Isn't it already a %50 crit rate on cored components though, I used to think that extra % made a massive difference but really it's just a slight increase to blow up a component that already has a high chance.

#57 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 23 March 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

It actually gets the exact same amount of thrust and height per JJ as any other light mech. Like the others have said, try not to make factually incorrect statements, it doesn't make you look smarter. Posting in a larger font also doesn't make you look smarter, this isn't ancient Sparta where arguments were decided by who could yell the loudest.

#58 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

Clanners complaining while piloting Timberwolves, Stormcrows, or Direwolves make me laugh.
It doesnt get any more pathetic

#59 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

I think we badly need another round of IS vs Clan in the public/solo queue for a few days to get some more data. This is no longer an argument, it's just contradiction.

I know the first time they did it it was 90/10 and the second it was a little better but still some like 80/20 or 70/30. I'd expect it to be about 55/45 or 60/40 to be balanced, since clan 'mechs do cost more and are more likely to be driven by more experienced pilots.

#60 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostAntiCitizenJuan, on 23 March 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Clanners complaining while piloting Timberwolves, Stormcrows, or Direwolves make me laugh.
It doesnt get any more pathetic

The subject is quirks. Why bring up mechs that don't need and won't get them?

Edited by reddevil, 23 March 2015 - 01:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users