Prove Your Allegiance Event Starts March 27Th!

265 replies to this topic

#21 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

I appreciate the event, so please don't take this too harshly, but I don't think I'll be playing CW past the 5 points I need for Premium Time.

I want to love CW, but as a small group (usually only 3 members on at a time), it's a harsh time in CW. The CW matches just take SO LONG. It's bad enough being on a team that's getting its arse kicked in by a group when the match is 10 minutes long, but a 25 minute match that you know you've lost in the first 10 minutes is demoralizing. I just don't feel like I get as much enjoyment from CW for the time I invest as I do in the standard queue.

That brings up an idea. Perhaps they need a Surrender or Retreat option in CW? If the timer has reached the 15 minute mark and one side is down 2:1 or greater, the option should be there for the team to vote to "Retreat". If 3/4 the team votes to Retreat, then the match ends and the other team wins. This way no one is forced to continue playing a game that you KNOW is over already.

#22 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostSuko, on 26 March 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

That brings up an idea. Perhaps they need a Surrender or Retreat option in CW?

You just lost all your bacon privileges.

Nothing's over until I hear Missis Th'Wench singing.

#23 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostJman5, on 26 March 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

How am I supposed to Generator Rush Pugs in 12 man units if I need 80 points to qualify?!?! Are you telling me I actually have to shoot back at the enemy????

That was never a problem for you wyrms in the last 2 events, why now?

#24 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostBSK, on 26 March 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

That was never a problem for you wyrms in the last 2 events, why now?

Extreme sarcasm missed. :P

For new players, getting the Stormcrow is the best option as they get a solid mech learn from.

The Thunderbolt-9SE Champion is not a good an option overall.

Of course, this suggestion ignores the CW mech restriction (IS dropping with IS mechs, Clans dropping with Clan mechs), but that's just a heads up for the curious new players.

#25 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

Ah, found the new banner under the buy mc and gift store banners. Thanks!

Can you also add the link to the game section, similar to how training grounds and etc. is done now?

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 March 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

You may also notice that we have a new banner on the front page that you can use to jump directly to the most recent event:

Posted Image

Edited by Groutknoll, 26 March 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#26 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

Please slap that banner in the client somewhere. :o

Dunno if I have time for 20 points, but my ERLL deck is ready :ph34r:

Edited by Elizander, 26 March 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#27 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

Yay a CW event! Thanks for acknowledging CW players that have felt unloved by the last few events. Sorry for the glut of "I hate CW", "Why do I keep getting rolled", and "Why do you hate us PGI" posts that will likely pop up over the weekend. Encouraging CW is a good thing; growing pains as people transition from the public queue are to be expected. I hope many of the current non-CW players stay after the event is over.

#28 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostSuko, on 26 March 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

I appreciate the event, so please don't take this too harshly, but I don't think I'll be playing CW past the 5 points I need for Premium Time.

I want to love CW, but as a small group (usually only 3 members on at a time), it's a harsh time in CW. The CW matches just take SO LONG. It's bad enough being on a team that's getting its arse kicked in by a group when the match is 10 minutes long, but a 25 minute match that you know you've lost in the first 10 minutes is demoralizing. I just don't feel like I get as much enjoyment from CW for the time I invest as I do in the standard queue.

Are you with the FRR?
- Check.

Do you have free access to the FRR Hub Teamspeak?
- Check.

Are there 26 people online right now at said TS server that you can group up with and kick some Clanner butt?
- Check and mate.

Go forth and be more than a small group! =D

Edited by Tarogato, 26 March 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#29 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

Thanks PGI for the CW love! Much appreciated! :)

#30 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

me like :P

#31 3CLIPZ3

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

a new event almost every friday, awesome. So why not have the event start and end on a friday and give players a week to finish it?

#32 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostHyper99, on 26 March 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Cool event! Question is which one is worth more c-bills. Will sell either.

You are wondering if a clan mech is cheaper than an is mech???? I'm sure the Scrow is way more. Unless the Tbolt comes with an XL then it might be close.

#33 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 26 March 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

You are wondering if a clan mech is cheaper than an is mech???? I'm sure the Scrow is way more. Unless the Tbolt comes with an XL then it might be close.

Standard 315 in the Thunderbolt..

#34 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 26 March 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

I know nothing of clan scum. Or their tech. I only know where to inflict the most pain on them!

#35 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

Is 80 points hard to get? (I don't tend to look at the points at the end of CW matches, so I have no way of gauging.)

#36 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostC J Sparrow, on 26 March 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

You just lost all your bacon privileges.

Nothing's over until I hear Missis Th'Wench singing.

Agreed.

Never stop fighting, if you made mistakes in the opening exchanges, make sure to force the enemy to make some of their own in the final engagements and bring home victory.

If you really feel the need to surrender, just eject all your mechs and walk away, but no one will buy you a beer back at base after that.

#37 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 26 March 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yay a CW event! Thanks for acknowledging CW players that have felt unloved by the last few events. Sorry for the glut of "I hate CW", "Why do I keep getting rolled", and "Why do you hate us PGI" posts that will likely pop up over the weekend. Encouraging CW is a good thing; growing pains as people transition from the public queue are to be expected. I hope many of the current non-CW players stay after the event is over.

So, you really think that people who have experienced a weekend of frustration will stay in that game-mode deliberately? Far fetched hope, I'd say.

I'd suggest that with probably more people playing CW this weekend than before, splitting up PUG and pre-mades into separate queues for the duration of the event to lessen the frustration level.

#38 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostTarogato, on 26 March 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Are you with the FRR?
- Check.

Nope, not really. We change groups regularly. Ghost Bear, Green Bird, Space Vikings, Steiner Fisters....If we wanted to be part of a large group, we would be. Instead we're a small group of IRL friends who have our own TS3 we log into to keep things easy going and non-stressful. Honestly, the way some of my lancemates talk, you're probably better off not having us on your chat. =D

Edited by Suko, 26 March 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#39 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

View PostAppogee, on 26 March 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

Is 80 points hard to get? (I don't tend to look at the points at the end of CW matches, so I have no way of gauging.)

I would say it's medium difficulty. If your team loses but you have a few kills and assists, or if your team wins and you have 20+ assists (even with no kills, *blush*) you will probably get the 80 pts.

Of course there are scenarios win or lose where your team gets less than say 20 kills. Either because you got stomped that badly, or you won with a perfect light rush.

If the event draws lots of solo players you have little to fear, because solos can't usually accomplish either of the above.

#40 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostSuko, on 26 March 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

Nope, not really. We change groups regularly. Ghost Bear, Green Bird, Space Vikings, Steiner Fisters....If we wanted to be part of a large group, we would be. Instead we're a small group of IRL friends who have our own TS3 we log into to keep things easy going and non-stressful. Honestly, the way some of my lancemates talk, you're probably better off not having us on your chat. =D

As long as you're flying a viking flag, you can fight with vikings like vikings. Bring the mead, bring the enthusiasm. ^^;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users