716 replies to this topic

#661 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

More lore stuffs, including a Mechwarrior uniform and standard Steiner uniform, and infantry SRM pack.
Spoiler

But I am aware that like with Transverse, PGI wanted to expand into multiple games to better support itself.
If Transverse was focused more on Aerotech, per sé instead of semi-cloning Star Citizen, I think it would have taken off much quicker. I definitely would have jumped on. Especially if the games could tie into each other, things done in one having an effect on the other, etc., so that even those who aren't into the mecha side could still have influence into MWO when they play AeroTech Online (ATO?), etc.
Other, more universe expanding reaches into the Battletech universe which go beyond the mechs would really get other kinds of players excited. Though I suspect that requires more licenses. One of these days.

------

In the mean time and in an attempt to get back on topic, I wanna let people know I over-urbied.
Posted Image
I'm just sad I can't get the Over-Urbie + the Standard-Urbie to have 6 Urbies.

Here's to the Urbie. *Takes a drink from the Urbie-Stein.*

Edited by Koniving, 06 April 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#662 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

As I went down the list I sang the 12days of Christmas/urbie ......thanks heffay for sticking things in my head. :P

#663 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

When does the pack stop being on for sale?

Edited by DavidHurricane, 06 April 2015 - 01:42 PM.

#664 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

In another 28hrs I will be sitting in my Urbie :D I'd call in sick tomorrow just to play in my Urbie but being the boss has it's pros and cons sometimes <_<

#665 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

If the patch is late tomorrow I expect to see the riots CNN

#666 Krigherren

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 94 posts
  • LocationProbably sleeping in my mech.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostKoniving, on 06 April 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

In the mean time and in an attempt to get back on topic, I wanna let people know I over-urbied.

I'm just sad I can't get the Over-Urbie + the Standard-Urbie to have 6 Urbies.

Here's to the Urbie. *Takes a drink from the Urbie-Stein.*

I'm with ya' there. :D TO URBS!

Posted Image

I will forever be dreaming of my battlefield-esque BT game, though...

#667 NightHawkII

Rookie

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

Something Has occurred to me. What will the Skills be for the Urbie? because we have no need for Twist-X seeing its already 360 degrees.... unless we plan to do some crazy quantum physics **** with these urbies.

#668 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostKrigherren, on 06 April 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

It will happen one day. This is prob baby steps. These are like the pioneers. I want to see not only battlefield but stuff I see from like warthunder, where like the shell might just bounce off armor on angles, or if it penetrates you see parts get damaged.

Might have to be like a hybrid of armor hitpoints and "thru armor criticals". I'm for sticking with lore and time to dump the TT rules. Where its not just the classic paper doll but every actuator and parts accounted for. Where something like a AC/5 could be dozen different guns.

Vast maps like planetside2. We got tall orders they need to think efficiently rather then eye candy. Get the skeleton then pretty it up.

#669 PaeuxP22

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostTigaboi, on 06 April 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Something Has occurred to me. What will the Skills be for the Urbie? because we have no need for Twist-X seeing its already 360 degrees.... unless we plan to do some crazy quantum physics **** with these urbies.

That's how good the Urbie is. It rearranges the laws of maths and physics. Now bow to your trashcan messiah!!

#670 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostTigaboi, on 06 April 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Same as everything else.

Some of the skills don't work anyway.
Others are useless on certain mechs. (Arm skills, without lower arm actuators for example).

#671 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

Aerotech Online would be cool.... Who knows what Bryan Ekman is designing now? Maybe we will still get a game like that some day...

#672 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

How did you NOT give the block camo a huge mustache. All Urbie camos should be goofy because the mechwarriors know they're driving a trash can.

#673 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

Wish they had done the trasnborn AC10 skin for the Collector's Edition.

#674 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

You know what the 11th day of UrbanMech brought me?

A dead 800W powersupply... Aaarrrgg!

#675 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 April 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

You know what the 11th day of UrbanMech brought me?

A dead 800W powersupply... Aaarrrgg!

/facepalm... time to buy something with more wattage dude! That sucks btw... I've been there and feel your pain <_<

#676 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostOdanan, on 06 April 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Aerotech Online would be cool.... Who knows what Bryan Ekman is designing now? Maybe we will still get a game like that some day...

this would be EPIC

#677 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:28 PM

Those rabbit ears and the general shape with big feet. Es a rabbit.

#678 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

It.
Is.
Almost.
Here.
:o

#679 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostUtilyan, on 06 April 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

It will happen one day. This is prob baby steps. These are like the pioneers. I want to see not only battlefield but stuff I see from like warthunder, where like the shell might just bounce off armor on angles, or if it penetrates you see parts get damaged.

Might have to be like a hybrid of armor hitpoints and "thru armor criticals". I'm for sticking with lore and time to dump the TT rules. Where its not just the classic paper doll but every actuator and parts accounted for. Where something like a AC/5 could be dozen different guns.

Lore and TT can work together quite well. TT is very shallow without the custom stuff from the Lore. The thing is the interpretation of TT as "what happened" needs to change to be "A summary of what could happen within 10 seconds." Once that happens, a lot of possibilities open up. Break down any TT or Megamek turn of interest for just one mech... and the amount of realism that the RNG of dice is trying to recreate is rather impressive.

For example, take a Warhawk Prime on Megamek. Have the following rules turned on at minimum: Heatsink Taxing. Mech Quirks. Glancing Blows. Direct Blows. Simultaneous Movement Phase. Simultaneous Attack Phase.

Now establish 5 Locusts as an enemy force with standard pilots (or randomize them a bit). Now use 4 ER PPCs, remembering that you have not linked your weapons and therefore all 4 ER PPCs are fired one at a time in sequence. Did you power off in 10 seconds? Did you melt heatsinks? How many targets did you hit? Were you going fast or slow or stationary? Were you melee-attacked? What all happened? Take a few minutes to break down your heat within 10 seconds, under the assumption that if you hit 30 heat at any moment you will shut down. Can you do it? Try to imagine the sequence of events.

Spoiler

The thing to remember is that compared to the lore, tabletop suffers horribly from pinpoint, front loaded damage... Yep, the RNG-laden game suffers PP FLD. But instead of across 'all weapons' with 'instant convergence' like MWO, it is per weapon and without convergence for tabletop. Never the less, it is very FLD. 1x armor is possible even then, imagine how well it'd work in a game where the FLD part is removed except for the weapons that are supposed to have it (i.e. Gauss Rifles and PPCs) with the weapons that are still FLD having their lore-rooted issues [very slow yet powerful rates of fire, explosive to yourself, etc].

Then... Tie in a crit system with some basis in the BAR (Battle Armor Rating) and hitbox specific crits instead of RNG (i.e. Quickdraws are known for easily damaged legs due to exposed actuators; with this they can climb hills easier but are more likely to take actuator crits especially on their 'ankles'), so what if you aimed for that ankle and crit the foot actuator with enough firepower? Complete with the full BT quirk system, such as flipping arms, multi-track target systems, lack of torso twist, etc. It'd be a very, very diverse battlefield. (Though BAP would be the jesus box not ECM; still working on how to address that).

Far as the War Thunder tidbit, that's something that is heavily in my mind. To an extremely limited extent it already is in MWO -- just play in third person. I'm serious. Play in third person, you'll notice it. But it only happens in third person. It doesn't take terrain into account or your physics with it due to lack of inverse kinetics, but it does cover mech movement in regards to how the mech walks.

In this video various first person and third person perspectives are compared without voices. Focus on how the Beams move, etc. They just 'glide' like a ghost without physics in first person, but in third person there's the introduction of some minor physics in correlation with mech movement.

View PostKrigherren, on 06 April 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Indeed.
Until then I'll be that old dog waiting for the Mechwarriors to return to Battletech for a genuinely complete experience.
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 06 April 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#680 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

(Images here are just a few tidbits I found in various Battletech sourcebooks while trying to find the civilian--and-military-use Exoskeletons again).

View Postorcrist86, on 06 April 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

If the patch is late tomorrow I expect to see the riots CNN

Riots are already happening:
Ignore the caption, what this Clan Elemental and Clan MechWarrior are fighting over is the fact that they will not be able to field the Urbanmech IIC for several years.

Posted Image

This Star Commander was chastised for her fraternizing with Filthy Freebirths. She did it because they had Urbanmechs. The chastising Star Captain was shown his place with his arm broken.
Posted Image

Many Inner Sphere pilots say this Elemental pilot was thankful for the excrement removal modification added to his machine, the day he saw an Urbanmech. However, in reality he stopped to take the cigarette out of his mouth, completely unintimidated.
Posted Image
"Now I've seen everything."

Spoiler

In the meantime, Urbanmechs will be defending against flying mechs while the Patch is in progress, holding off invading houses while Comstar (PGI) stalls in releasing their supply of new 360 spinning trash cans. Of course, it's worth mentioning that this image is from "The Fall of Terra."
Posted Image
Fight on, little Urbie.

Edited by Koniving, 06 April 2015 - 08:24 PM.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users