Reseen unseen pictures

218 replies to this topic

Poll: What design you like better? (541 member(s) have cast votes)

So, which design you would prefer for developers to (someday) implement in MW:O?

1. Reseen. They do look cool and still recognizable. I want to see them in game! Or, maybe, their adaptation by Alex! (295 votes [54.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.53%

2. Unseen. The developers must go to another (hopeless) fight with HG over the old design! In the worst case, Alex and only Alex should make new reseen version! (246 votes [45.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

I agree that some of the images would make fine mechs, but just as a different name.

#22 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Well, actually, as far as i remember marauder's background, it should look like a piece of trash, as it was assembled from quite a number of spare parts.

And the old design didn't look like that at all... Maybe i watched too much Robotech, but still...

PS
Btw, updated the post with the pictures i've missed b4.

Edited by Undead Bane, 01 July 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#23 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostUndead Bane, on 01 July 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Well, actually, as far as i remember marauder's background, it should look like a piece of trash, as it was assembled from quite a number of spare parts.

And the old design didn't look like that at all... Maybe i watched too much Robotech, but still...

PS
Btw, updated the post with the pictures i've missed b4.

Posted Image

#24 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostSkadi, on 01 July 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

ROFL.

I mean, old design is good, very good, canonical etc. But it still doesn't fit in "piece of trash" description in my head ^_^

#25 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostUndead Bane, on 01 July 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Actually it was quite the opposite it was to be the first one of a line of advanced designs but the the star league disintegrated. In other word top of the line revolutionary design; about 400 years ago ...... (Not by chance look some advancde Clan Mechs like the Marauders basic structure)

#26 Lucy Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

I like the new Rifleman. Not feeling it on the reseen Warhammer, but I'd rather have it in-game than not at all.

#27 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 01 July 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Actually it was quite the opposite it was to be the first one of a line of advanced designs but the the star league disintegrated. In other word top of the line revolutionary design; about 400 years ago ...... (Not by chance look some advancde Clan Mechs like the Marauders basic structure)

As far as i remember, it was the first and only of this design (as the SL crashed), as the technology was lost. And in succession wars for repairs of these mechs parts, stripped from the other were used, so they started to look horrible. No?

#28 Oppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm totally fine with most of the reseen designs and I think every one of them can easily be recognized as the mech they are meant to be. The only one I don't like is the Warhammer ^_^

Edited by Oppi, 01 July 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#29 R0AHN

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

The only problem with this poll is there is no "a little of both" option. There are some designs that are just plain classic, while others have made changes that are for the best, IMO. Some of the unseen are dated and show their age...

#30 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostR0AHN, on 01 July 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

The only problem with this poll is there is no "a little of both" option. There are some designs that are just plain classic, while others have made changes that are for the best, IMO. Some of the unseen are dated and show their age...

I didn't add this option on purpose.
If the developers go for reseen versions - they don't have any problems with Harmony Gold.

If the go for redesigning even a single one unseen - they may, or, most likely, will have problems with HG. At least they will have to have a confirmation from HG, that the new design is ok.

#31 Akula

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 152 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

YOU WILL NEVER REPLACE MY MARAUDER! :rolleyes: ^_^

On the whole however I didn't mind the majority of the reseens. But I'll never except a replace for one of my personal favourites.

Oh Marauder.... :wub:

#32 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostSkringly, on 01 July 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

YOU WILL NEVER REPLACE MY MARAUDER! :rolleyes: ^_^

On the whole however I didn't mind the majority of the reseens. But I'll never except a replace for one of my personal favourites.

Oh Marauder.... :wub:

agree;

and the pics show always pristine undamaged designs anyway...

#33 An0n3

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Reseen are fine by me. The Locust, Marauder, and Warhammer look like they could use a little of Alex's personal touch, but I'd rather have them reseen than have them stay unseen.

On a related note, I always thought the idea of 'mechs that were wielding guns (like the Griffin) instead of having them built in were stupid to begin with. MECHS DONT WORK THAT WAY RARGH.

#34 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostAn0n3, on 01 July 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Reseen are fine by me. The Locust, Marauder, and Warhammer look like they could use a little of Alex's personal touch, but I'd rather have them reseen than have them stay unseen.

On a related note, I always thought the idea of 'mechs that were wielding guns (like the Griffin) instead of having them built in were stupid to begin with. MECHS DONT WORK THAT WAY RARGH.

why have 2 guns if you can have 10!

#35 Tenrai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDeep in Davion controlled space aboard the Overlord class dropship Nobara

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Still like most of the unseen... But some of the reseen are not bad...Unseen Warhammer is better for sure!

Edited by Tenrai, 01 July 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#36 An0n3

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostSkadi, on 01 July 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

why have 2 guns if you can have 10!

If they code-ified it to make sense it might be interesting, and give mech designs a better reason to have hand/arm actuators. Something like an external weapon that takes no spaces, but isn't protected by your mechs armor and can be dropped. The accuracy would suffer horribly though, and heat would work entirely differently

Car Wars has a similar concept with external pods vs. internal weapons.

#37 CALIBORS

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Big fan of robotech, the old designs were classic and the reseen versions of LAM mechs don't look like they could transform into a fighter with out some severe imagination or an infringement on Transformers shrink chips ^_^

Having said that I like the reseen designs, think it was a great job of honoring the old style for the most part.

#38 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

The reseen mechs are hideous with the exception of the Griffin.

#39 Thorn Blackwell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Okay, I'm not voting on this as there are only a couple Mechs that I think the reseen versions look truly hideous. They happen to be some of my favorite mechs. Namely the Locust, Marauder, Warhammer, and Rifleman. I have no problem with a redesign, but I'd rather see what Alex would do in a redesign. The originals looked great, but the reseen versions are some of the worst pieces of garbage put to print. The IIc images from the TRO 3055 are fantastic, and I believe were owned by FASA originally. I would love to see Alex put together a version of these as the originals.

Marauder IIc
Posted Image

Warhammer IIc
Posted Image

Rifleman IIc
Posted Image

Locust IIc
Posted Image

#40 Temu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

not a Phoenix hawk fan.. but out of the project phoenix redesigns... it's one of my favorites.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users